Celebration! / Live! / Solo? Jan-14-21-2024 The Tribe Cruise!

6 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Today's work day has descended into chaos again cutting wayyy into my lunch break. It's bad enough I'm eating what amounts to rations, but when I'm hangry I get mean, and I can't afford to lose my job. I'm about to go sit out in my car just so I can try to enjoy what's left of my break...

PXL_20240111_171759947.thumb.jpg.ae806101220d7c4622f03fa5ed3eb55c.jpg

PXL_20240111_171805500.jpg

What is the red stuff? My stomach hurts looking at the Kraut. If you react to it like me your felllow workers will be thrilled to see you leave. A week to air out the store.

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

When I went to look for hotels the night prior to sailing, everything in Miami was obscenely priced for that particular date. January must be considered the “high season” down there, so I held off and continued to keep an eye on rates. When it appeared that things were just going to be expensive no matter what, I ended up booking at the CitizenM Brickell, even knowing what I was getting myself into. My last experience with the same brand in downtown Miami was interesting to say the least, but it’s only going to be for one night, so I figured that I’d survive. (This ended up being probably the most I've ever paid per night for a room in Miami out of nearly twenty trips.)

Their rooms are comically small, even compared to a cruise ship cabin, and their “technology forward” approach is a little frustrating for an old fart like me, but it’s right across the street from one of my favorite drinking establishments in Brickell, so at least my walk home would be short and sweet…

• Like 23

13 minutes ago, Mommapadraig said:

What is the red stuff? My stomach hurts looking at the Kraut. If you react to it like me your felllow workers will be thrilled to see you leave. A week to air out the store.

Red pepper spread from the Mediterranean grocery store... I usually just eat it on crackers, but this week I happen to have some homemade bread.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

What type of rug does your company sell? We bought this runner in Turkey on our cruise last October.IMG_4594.thumb.jpeg.cc0a8ff051b6ec417ca8dce7c5f2011b.jpeg

We sell everything from antique Persian rugs to newer ones from India, Pakistan, and Nepal... 

• Like 8

In early December Carnival announced an upcoming increase in WiFi prices, so I went ahead and got on board with the current rates for this cruise. It only amounts to a few bucks a day, but every penny counts in today's economy. (Says the guy who goes out and blows two hundred dollars on one steak dinner…) I have another CCL cruise coming up next May, but I'll just have to suck up the higher price whenever the time comes around. It also appears that there was a recent increase across the board for specialty dining, but I had already purchased my Steakhouse reservations months ago, so that won't really affect me this go round. That's the only specialty dining that I currently have a reservation for, but I'm sure that I'll be checking out some of the offerings at Emeril's and possibly other venues. I'm just playing it all by ear at this point.

• Like 18

Things are beginning to wind down here, and the big boss is about to leave. Unless we end up getting some rogue customers in here it should be a nice smooth rest of the day. Tonight is laundry and staging of items to go in the sun. That, and probably at least a few shots of Don Julio Anejo... Tomorrow is the final push here at work, and then the serious packing will begin, and I can finally switch from "work mode" to "vacation mode"!!!... (***Notice the three exclamation points after "vacation mode")

img_1_1698955727072.jpg

• Like 10
  • Haha 7

33 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

@sid_9169...did you purchase "patches" or liquid for this cruise....you gotta hang in there for the evening shenanigans.

I've got a couple of different items to hopefully keep me from feeling like junk after pounding tequila and who knows what else all day... But, of course you never know if I'll decide to crash at 8:00 and sleep it off... The story is going to have to write itself, I have no idea how things are going to turn out...

• Like 14

3 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I've got a couple of different items to hopefully keep me from feeling like junk after pounding tequila and who knows what else all day... But, of course you never know if I'll decide to crash at 8:00 and sleep it off... The story is going to have to write itself, I have no idea how things are going to turn out...

You never told me what you thought about water can boy or whatever it’s called. Did you try it? Any better than liquid iv? I’ll need an endorsement before I spend the extra on it. Liquid iv is all ready pricey enough. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

You never told me what you thought about water can boy or whatever it’s called. Did you try it? Any better than liquid iv? I’ll need an endorsement before I spend the extra on it. Liquid iv is all ready pricey enough. 

Tastes like salt and it's a much smaller portion than the liquid IV, but I think that it has some higher quality ingredients in it, and seems to do the trick. I also picked up a ten pack of the ByTox patches at the obscene price of $40... I need all the help I can get...

• Like 8