Celebration! / Live! / Solo? Jan-14-21-2024 The Tribe Cruise!

I did end up keeping all of my old cruise cards going allll the way back to my Blue Card in 2010... Also the many Norwegian cruise cards (with Vibe access cards in purple and white) and the Virgin Voyages bracelets...

PXL_20240112_013731645.thumb.jpg.937b6e66359b6975aeb3302c4926ab5e.jpg

PXL_20240112_014526632.jpg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Stallion said:

Fancy-Smanshy Mattel boys-

This is what we played as boys

ELECTRIC FOOTBALL!!!!!

image.thumb.png.b69172ec2a0f3962322598d31f456f3e.png

Is that the one where the surface vibrated, and the players all went off in random directions?...

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

The tequila is doing it's job, but I've got one more long day at doing the same myself tomorrow. At least it's Free Lunch Friday over at the 'ol salt mine, and at 4:00 tomorrow afternoon, my vacation officially begins!!!... Stay tuned for another episode of As the Rug Turns tomorrow before heading to Miami on Saturday morning!!!...

• Like 26

5 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Is that the one where the surface vibrated, and the players all went off in random directions?...

Yes!

I got that for Christmas back in 1968 ish. 

You could have any two teams you wanted as long as they were the NY Giants and the Cleveland Browns! 

It was fun using that felt football to pass. 

What a farce!

At least the young ladies got the easy bake oven. Which would actually bake a cake using the light bulb in 8 hours or more 

• Like 5
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

I've never found anything great to do in the Dominican Republic.

The DR was my downfall on my shenanigans cruise! We did a tour of the rum factory (among other things) and the guide somehow got the impression that I was a drinker 🤣 Instead of shot glass sized samples, he kept pouring hi-ball sized samples for me. There were 13 to try. Then came the local specialty- MamaJuana (aka the baby maker). The rest is history…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 25

3 hours ago, Greenpea2 said:

I'm not surprised by it, but it does befuddle (yeah, great word that) me a bit. Why be an LTL (long-time lurker)? Just post now and again! All are welcomed (unless they get mean/judgy). All you LTLs -- just join in. Lurking might be a little creepy and we don't think you are creepy, So just. Do. It. 🙂

But, what’s wrong with just hanging out reading 🤷‍♀️

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

The DR was my downfall on my shenanigans cruise! We did a tour of the rum factory (among other things) and the guide somehow got the impression that I was a drinker 🤣 Instead of shot glass sized samples, he kept pouring hi-ball sized samples for me. There were 13 to try. Then came the local specialty- MamaJuana (aka the baby maker). The rest is history…

You need to be Scared Straight!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

15 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

So, we are calling it a “downfall”. Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Over the holiday break I was going through some old boxes and ran across my collection of Fun Times and Freestyle Daily from NCL. Pretty much every cruise I've ever been on, every single days pages in full. I decided that there was simply no reason to continue holding on to them, as I can't even imagine looking at them again. I ended up chucking them all in the dumpster.

PXL_20231227_143759140.jpg

I did the same thing when we downsized a few years ago - we moved from a big house in a big city to a beach condo. I had a whole drawer full of these and countless cruise brochures. I pitched all my sail & sign cards too. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, purpleally said:

So, we are calling it a “downfall”. Lol

30 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

More like an "up fall"...or top or bottom fall. : 🤣

I definitely had my fair share of ups and downs that week...😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

3 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Screenshot_20240111-185758~2.png

Maybe they’ll be both!

You have a way of adapting well to changes in travel plans/expectations. More importantly you have made some great moves forward since your early posts. 

Keep posting and enjoying your cruise.

Oh, if there’s a wedding with a cyclops be sure to post pictures 👽👰

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The tequila is doing it's job, but I've got one more long day at doing the same myself tomorrow. At least it's Free Lunch Friday over at the 'ol salt mine, and at 4:00 tomorrow afternoon, my vacation officially begins!!!... Stay tuned for another episode of As the Rug Turns tomorrow before heading to Miami on Saturday morning!!!...

Went ahead and decided to burn a vacation day tomorrow and get ready to fly to NOLA for the Glory on Sunday.  

• Like 10

The sun is coming up, and soon I'll be on my way to work for this one final push before vacation... Heavy storms are supposed to roll in today, followed by the coldest weather so far this season. Good thing I'll be in the sunny Caribbean when that happens. 

Stay tuned for free lunch Friday on today's episode of As the Rug Turns.

PXL_20240112_122706298.jpg

• Like 26
  • Haha 2