Celebration! / Live! / Solo? Jan-14-21-2024 The Tribe Cruise!

5 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Y'all know that I basically kept my room steward locked out for the entire cruise, other than the ONE time she snuck in while I was at breakfast and had forgotten to put out the Snoozin' sign. Nothing against the great job they do, but I'm just a very private and self sufficient person. They could just leave a three foot high stack of towels, and I'd have been good for the entire week. Instead, I just exchanged my own towels whenever she wasn't around... Honestly, she was probably happy to have one fewer room to clean...

Some of the comments I’ve seen have stated that this actually more work for them on turn around day. Who knows how true that really is. The concept is that they have to clean more that day since they weren’t able to do it daily.

I totally get why you don’t want them in there. I keep the do not disturb sign up at hotels when I stay less than 3 nights. For the cruises I typically just let them in once a day. That is because on a cruise I’m usually sharing a room with my not super neat son. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JGmf said:

Nope, no way. Never ever.

Too much like that doll that chased around Karen Black in Trilogy of Terror giving me nightmares as a kid.

image.png.4dc51d1f93eb1bb122b01bb4057b095e.png

That was a wicked movie.

It seems that several Tribe members have come down with the dreaded "cruise crud"... Jamman had it around mid cruise, as well as Melania (Roscoes wife)... Now it appears that Patti and Mr Megan have also got it, as well as Senators Fan. Fortunately it looks like I dodged a bullet this time, probably due to my excessive hand washing and extra careful vigilance when it comes to touching public spaces... Or, maybe I was just lucky, who knows... Hopefully all those affected will be on the mend soon...

In other news, I put up my two new masks yesterday evening, and they're everything I'd hoped for. I forgot to even take a picture, as I was doing a bunch of other stuff around the apartment at the same time. Here's a picture of another one of my favorites that I acquired recently...

PXL_20231004_123740907.thumb.jpg.4e7a638a46db1127a8cc7ec3f34a9996.jpg

PXL_20231004_123727197.jpg

• Like 34

On 1/21/2024 at 9:20 AM, sid_9169 said:

And, just like that, it was over...

PXL_20240121_142017717.jpg

Way late to the party but I got through the review finally! As always, thanks for another great review! I know you said a few times it will be your last but I'm hoping that feeling doesn't hold true, totally understand if it does though! Safe travels home Sid!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

It seems that several Tribe members have come down with the dreaded "cruise crud"... Jamman had it around mid cruise, as well as Melania (Roscoes wife)... Now it appears that Patti and Mr Megan have also got it, as well as Senators Fan. Fortunately it looks like I dodged a bullet this time, probably due to my excessive hand washing and extra careful vigilance when it comes to touching public spaces... Or, maybe I was just lucky, who knows... Hopefully all those affected will be on the mend soon...

In other news, I put up my two new masks yesterday evening, and they're everything I'd hoped for. I forgot to even take a picture, as I was doing a bunch of other stuff around the apartment at the same time. Here's a picture of another one of my favorites that I acquired recently...

Sorry im unfamiliar with cruise crud?? Is it covid?  Friends just returned and they are positive with it

2 minutes ago, carsastic said:

Sorry im unfamiliar with cruise crud?? Is it covid?  Friends just returned and they are positive with it

Not Covid. Chest congestion and head cold. 😎

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Just finished, all 106 pages! Thanks for taking us along again one last time. It was just as entertaining as all the others you have done. You remind me of a college friend of mine. I need to call him, its been a while.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Very cool! 

• Like 1

On 1/17/2024 at 6:24 PM, WhiteOptima said:

I like that inside cabin set up.  If you aren’t comfortable saying the cabin # can you do after you are home please.  We had fwd balconies which I enjoyed but I like inside cabins.

• Like 3

Three fifths of the way through my first week back to work, and I'm in full on "cruise withdrawal"... As promised, the pictures of the two masks that I bought and as carefully as possible brought back with me from San Juan and St Thomas. First the African tribal mask from the one store in all of Charlotte Amalie that sells anything BESIDES jewelry... And, next, the vejigante mask from San Juan...

I'm pretty satisfied with both...

PXL_20240124_222515879.thumb.jpg.0832bc17e721ca257ce33fbe767e17b9.jpg

PXL_20240124_222528418.jpg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Three fifths of the way through my first week back to work, and I'm in full on "cruise withdrawal”…

Well some of us are having full on “Sid withdrawal!”

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Three fifths of the way through my first week back to work, and I'm in full on "cruise withdrawal"... As promised, the pictures of the two masks that I bought and as carefully as possible brought back with me from San Juan and St Thomas. First the African tribal mask from the one store in all of Charlotte Amalie that sells anything BESIDES jewelry... And, next, the vejigante mask from San Juan...

I'm pretty satisfied with both...

PXL_20240124_222515879.thumb.jpg.0832bc17e721ca257ce33fbe767e17b9.jpg

PXL_20240124_222528418.jpg

They look good in your space. Did you paint the painting on the wall?  it’s beautiful

• Like 5

Y'all don't go thinking that I've forgotten about the traditional thank you list... With a little help from one of my Tribe members, I hope to have it up before the end of the weekend... Thanks again to all of you who were a HUGE part of this journey!...

• Like 18

56 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Y'all don't go thinking that I've forgotten about the traditional thank you list... With a little help from one of my Tribe members, I hope to have it up before the end of the weekend... Thanks again to all of you who were a HUGE part of this journey!...

Thanks for bringing us along on it! As many have stated before, it was a pleasure to follow along, and I really enjoyed the sights and scenery that you showed us. It was great to see the real side of the ports from wandering and just enjoying, and taking it all in. Really gives some great ideas on things to try the next time!

• Like 1

On 1/22/2024 at 3:10 PM, sid_9169 said:

They could just leave a three foot high stack of towels, and I'd have been good for the entire week.

I agree. I have my snoozing sign out a lot too, just because I like to sleep in late when I can.  But they always seem anxious when they can't get in to clean.  I honestly don't care and now I just let them come in and spruce up if I'm in there just watching tv or out on the balcony.  I get new towels, garbage emptied and the all important 'v' on the TP and they're happy they can cross my room off their daily list lol.  

• Like 2

Since it looks like I'm stuck on dry land until at least Memorial Day, I sadly had to put up my carry on bag in it's secret hiding space inside my end table... All the laundry from the trip is clean and put away, and it's nothing but work work work until at least Easter, when I plan to take a little land trip to Florida to visit friends... 

PXL_20240125_225540705.thumb.jpg.044d8da379be8a428f79f4c3c11ce723.jpg

PXL_20240125_225549092.thumb.jpg.476488511d85739ce3f5f785be24f088.jpg

PXL_20240126_134055875.jpg

• Like 13

On 1/19/2024 at 8:25 AM, sid_9169 said:

This shrimp and grits is the second best thing I've eaten all week, behind the roti in St Thomas yesterday... It's OFF THE CHAIN!!! My taste buds are dancing inside my mouth!...

We had the best meal of the week at Emerils!

• Like 3