Trying to book a cruise - so confused about drink package pricing

Kmkub

We are considering our first Celebrity cruise. We have two prices, with/without drink and WiFi packages. It’s a huge difference. In trying to do the math, I am struggling to find what the cost PP/PD is.

The best I found was on The Points Guy who says it’s $42-$106.80. Is there anywhere to see what my cost would be for the specific cruise we are considering?

31 minutes ago, Kmkub said:

We are considering our first Celebrity cruise. We have two prices, with/without drink and WiFi packages. It’s a huge difference. In trying to do the math, I am struggling to find what the cost PP/PD is.

The best I found was on The Points Guy who says it’s $42-$106.80. Is there anywhere to see what my cost would be for the specific cruise we are considering?

I don’t think you can see it before you book. On a cruise I have booked now the current pricing is $67.99 for classic and $79.99 for premium per person, per day plus 20% gratuities. That is  20% off regular price which is why pricing fluctuates from cruise to cruise. The discounts are not consistent for each cruise. Remember when you are considering a drink package that it includes non alcoholic beverages too. If you book the all-inclusive cruise price that is for the classic package. You can upgrade to the premium. Usually that is $20 per day plus 20% gratuities that also can go on sale. 

• Like 1

Check out this thread.   Some clever person built a spreadsheet tool that allows you to build a link to the cruise planner section for a particular sailing without having booked.  It was pretty straight forward.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

If you drink mostly cocktails, not wine, the classic package will do unless you are very picky about using top shelf liquors. Those coffee drinks at Al Bacio will still be covered as will sodas and bottled water. 

29 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Check out this thread.   Some clever person built a spreadsheet tool that allows you to build a link to the cruise planner section for a particular sailing without having booked.  It was pretty straight forward.

Wow is that a helpful spreadsheet! Yeah, we come out wayyyy ahead booking the package deal. TYTY!!

• Like 1

Usually the AI is better however you should be aware that sometimes, but not always they give up to 50% off the packages.

Also, at least a year ago, unlike some other cruise lines if you purchase a drink above what the package pays for you only pay the difference plus gratuity on the difference plus tax on the difference (if applicable).  Therefore upgrading from Classic to Premium may not be worthwhile unless you consistently purchase a significant number of drinks well above the covered price.

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Thanks for the appreciation and publicity! I didn't expect it to get as much use as it has when I first made it, but I'm happy it's helpful ☺️ 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1