Practice for Icon

The video is having a hard time loading because it's big.  It also will not show for those with androids because iPhone videos are .mov format.   If the movie is converted to .mp4 format then all can view.  I cut your video to 26 seconds and converted to .mp4.

Now let me try a video

10 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

The video is having a hard time loading because it's big.  It also will not show for those with androids because iPhone videos are .mov format.   If the movie is converted to .mp4 format then all can view.  I cut your video to 26 seconds and converted to .mp4.

How did you convert to MP4?

1 hour ago, cruisinghawg said:

Okay let me try this

IMG_0377.JPG

You might want to practice putting space between pics.  The way I do it is right off, before typing, I hit the return button several times to create space. Then I cluck at the top of the space and type. Then I hit return and insert pic below what I typed. 

image.thumb.png.26569b40ba9bdcab9c2ff58e250325f8.png

image.thumb.png.c648decd39492a56bf8057f4dd132a90.png

20231001_192125.thumb.jpg.995d349bc55b06a4b36f9e7d8a727f11.jpg

After the first pic loads hit the return button to create a space below.   Then load the next pic.

Also, when adding pics you can use "Add Files" below or paste in a pic.  Sometimes using paste seems easier.   The downside to pasting is the pic covers to a png which will be much larger than a jpg and take longer to load.

Before loading delete out the extra space below. 

17 minutes ago, cruisinghawg said:

Now let me try a video

I have a Samsung android so when I edit .mov video and save, it saves as mpg4.  I do not use an iPhone so I don't know what your options are.  Might need to google.

31 minutes ago, cruisinghawg said:

Now let me try a video

I just noticed on the roll call you downloaded the video to your computer.   Will the computer editor let you save it as a mp4?  Are you bringing the computer?

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I just noticed on the roll call you downloaded the video to your computer.   Will the computer editor let you save it as a mp4?  Are you bringing the computer?

I need to explain, if you haven't picked up on it, I am technologically challenged. LOL I will take videos with my camera and pics with my iphone. That is the plan now. The above pics were taken with the camera. It took several attempts but I finally figured it out.

I am bringing my computer but I learn fast so with a little instruction I can get it. I will start the LIVE thread one week before sailing so will have that time to practice plus the next week practicing here.

34 minutes ago, cruisinghawg said:

Let me try this

Pics from Italy

IMG_0379.thumb.JPG.7ae9dae7a97fff495a6e387df79da60c.JPG

IMG_0393.thumb.JPG.469591362b315a8d4f38d5f00de1cf2e.JPG

IMG_0414.thumb.JPG.67b110ab5ea148da5f71e3d7bca07bb5.JPG

Random Pics that everyone should recognize.

The space between the pics are perfect.  Most enjoy the space because sometimes when people don't space them the pics blend together. The only thing I would additionally do with this post, if I remember,  is click at the bottom of the space and delete back to the bottom of the last sentence so there is not so much space at the bottom. 

29 minutes ago, cruisinghawg said:

I need to explain, if you haven't picked up on it, I am technologically challenged. LOL I will take videos with my camera and pics with my iphone. That is the plan now. The above pics were taken with the camera. It took several attempts but I finally figured it out.

I am bringing my computer but I learn fast so with a little instruction I can get it. I will start the LIVE thread one week before sailing so will have that time to practice plus the next week practicing here.

It take awhile to figure out CC posting.  It was a big  challenge for me my 1st review.   I remember the 1st review I was trying to upload 4k videos and several were having difficulty viewing.  I learn how to downgrade them quickly. 

Let me know if I can help in any way.  I am thankful you are willing to start it a week early.  Maybe Ken will post some when he does his 3 days before we board.

On 1/12/2024 at 12:38 PM, Ozark_Kid said:

Where would I go to do this? In other words where is the editor?

4 hours ago, cruisinghawg said:

Where would I go to do this? In other words where is the editor?

I don't know what kind of computer you have.  I was guessing macbook pro.   I have only been using a macbook pro for less than a year so I have not learned it all yet.  I edit my videos to mp4 on my phone.   You can probably Google and find out what editor you have.

53 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I don't know what kind of computer you have.  I was guessing macbook pro.   I have only been using a macbook pro for less than a year so I have not learned it all yet.  I edit my videos to mp4 on my phone.   You can probably Google and find out what editor you have.

I have a Dell so no Mac. There are several free sites on the internet that you can download and then it converts for you. I assume that is what you have on your phone.

36 minutes ago, cruisinghawg said:

I have a Dell so no Mac. There are several free sites on the internet that you can download and then it converts for you. I assume that is what you have on your phone.

Samsung comes with a good editor. It works on both pics and videos.   If I adjust a .mov video even just a little bit It will save a copy to  .mp4. 

I have used online sites to convert before but that would be tough to do while at sea.

2 hours ago, cruisinghawg said:

It is a Canon Power Shot ELPH 180.

I was hoping the camera had a mp4 mode but as far as I can see just .mov.

I am not having any luck finding a solution to make it easy to convert.

I am sure that you have noticed that there are several posting negative things about Icon already and none have been on it!  I am sure once our thread is started there will be some that will try to stir the pot.  It's best to just try to ignore them on the review.  if they get too bad I am sure some of our CC friends will step in.  I am seeing several that are getting excited to see a review of the Icon.  Do you have plans what day you will start it?