MSC Seashore Balcony with 3 passengers assigned a 2 passenger cabin

GACruiseDad

I was recently allocated cabin 11264 from a Balcony Guarantee on the MSC Seashore on an upcoming cruise, however, we have three passengers in our cabin.  It looks like from the deck plans that this cabin is only for two passengers and does not have a sofa or sofa bunk beds. 

Am I missing something or doesn't this cabin have a max occupancy of two passengers?  Doesn't a cabin guarantee include a bed for everyone?

I tried contacting my travel agency and they basically dismissed my concern and said MSC wouldn't over allocate a cabin because it was done by a computer and computers don't make mistakes...

In any case I'm worried about the ship staff realizing that the cabin is over max occupany at the port and if the ship is sold out being denied boarding.

As far as I can see from the deck plan and the technical sheet, all cabins in that category can sleep up to 4.

Exactly how would be a good question as it doesn't cover that on the deck plan, but it is listed as being for up to 4 occupants.

5 hours ago, GACruiseDad said:

I tried contacting my travel agency and they basically dismissed my concern and said MSC wouldn't over allocate a cabin because it was done by a computer and computers don't make mistakes...

I'd  be looking for a new travel agency!!!!

13 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

3 people is easy in a balcony. 1 person will get the sofa-bed. 

If there was a sofa-bed I would agree with you and I wouldn't have even posted this, but this particular cabin has no sofa-bed!  There is only a loveseat because the bathroom is larger and it has a tub instead of a shower.

Edited by GACruiseDad

I read the easily available description on the deck plan for your cabin type (cabin 11264, deck 11) on the Seashore.

There is a sofa bed.

For your specific cabin, there is no indication on the deck plan that the furnishings in the room vary from a standard cabin of the category assigned.

Edited by Homosassa

5 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

I read the easily available description on the deck plan for your cabin type.

There is a sofa bed.

I'm not sure where you're pulling that, maybe just a generic category description? There is no sofa bed as this particular cabin has a loveseat instead of a sofa bed or sofa bunk beds and in turn the bathroom is larger and has a tub instead of a shower.

Edited by GACruiseDad

I share the OPs concern.  I studied the deck plans on the MDC site, and on cruisedeckplans.com.  There is no indication/symbol of a sofa bed, but there is also no symbol for a tub.  The on,y cabins I see with the tub symbol (B) are Aurea suites.  On Seaside, Divina, etc. they are scattered all over.  

2 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

I share the OPs concern.  I studied the deck plans on the MDC site, and on cruisedeckplans.com.  There is no indication/symbol of a sofa bed, but there is also no symbol for a tub.  The on,y cabins I see with the tub symbol (B) are Aurea suites.  On Seaside, Divina, etc. they are scattered all over.  

You're correct there is no tub symbol and none of the standard Balcony cabins that have tubs seem to display a tub symbol, but yes they are scattered around on the Seashore as well. 

I know this particular cabin does have the tub because I've seen a video walkthrough of the cabin and it has the larger bathroom footprint and has the smaller loveseat and not the larger sofa.

I've always assumed, maybe incorrectly, when booking a guarantee cabin that if you had more than the standard two passengers that there would be a bed for the 3rd/4th passenger.  Indeed it may be a sofa bed, pullman bed, etc.  I'm unaware of any rollaway beds on the Seashore.