The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday, January 13th, 2024

kazu

A very late good evening from Cork.  Actually it is just 4 minutes into Sunday morning here.

We were up at silly o'clock this morning as DS was flying back to Vancouver via LHR.  Currently, according to Flightradar24, his AC flight has just started its intial descent into YVR and is due to arrive in 22 minutes.   Needless to say, we are missing him already. 

Hope that everyone has a great day (what is left of it!)

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Glad the nosebleed sorted itself out although it took a long time, Roy.  Pat has been having bad ones on a regular basis, and the doctor gave him the name of a nasal gel to use daily.  It’s called Secaris.  Do you think it has any connection to the radiation treatments?

on a happier note, the lunch of the day at the grocery store was - wait for it - butternut squash soup!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 10

3 hours ago, summer slope said:

Biopsy results are in. Basal cell carcinoma. I’ll call on Monday and make an appointment for March for Mohs surgery. Not a big worry. But thank you all for your concern.

Adding you to my prayer list, Dixie!

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 11

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Friday was a day that I would happily forget.

It started very early with a minor nose bleed that was quickly controlled.

I left home about 7:15 to be ready for my 8AM annual physical with a checkin time of 7:45.  When I arrived the door was locked with no sign of life.  After waiting a bit I went to the practice main office.  Apparently, the doctor had an emergency and would not be in the office until the 18th.  It may actually be a good thing that it didn’t happen.

I was back at my car just about 8.  I should have had plenty of time for my weekly Friday run to Wegmans.  As I got to the car my nose started to bleed again.  After a few minutes I thought it was quieted enough to be ok for the trip to Wegmans.

At Wegmans it was still bleeding but after about 15 minutes I thought I was ok finally.  I got my groceries relatively quickly but when I checked in the car I was still bleeding.  Another wait to get it under control.

Once home I just got the groceries to my front porch and headed into the house, and spent another hour on bleeding control, still with no luck.

By 11 I did the minimum to stow the groceries and decided I could not risk more futile efforts to stop it so I did the minimum to stow the groceries and headed off to my usual urgent care place.  They tried for over an hour and finally pushed a device up the nostril and I was headed home about 12:30.

I had just a quick lunch before I had to head off to Radiology.  Fortunately, that and the followup with the doctor went more or less normally, but I was quite wasted by the time I got home and dozed off before 8, getting out of my recliner about 10;30 to head to actual bed.

The urgent care said the device should stay in overnight and I should be able to remove it myself but to return if it did not come out easily.  I waited until after my morning walk and the urgent care opening to make the attempt but fortunately it did come right out.  It was sort of a sponge that expanded to fill the nostril attached to a couple of strings secured with tape.

Roy

Roy, I'm sorry yesterday was such a bad day for you.  I hope today was better.

3 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

A very late good evening from Cork.  Actually it is just 4 minutes into Sunday morning here.

We were up at silly o'clock this morning as DS was flying back to Vancouver via LHR.  Currently, according to Flightradar24, his AC flight has just started its intial descent into YVR and is due to arrive in 22 minutes.   Needless to say, we are missing him already. 

Hope that everyone has a great day (what is left of it!)

I hope your DS's plane landed safely.  No matter how old our

kids are, it's never easy when they leave.

Lenda

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2