The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday, January 14th, 2024

kazu

Good day from Hamilton and it’s very cold, minus 13. Decided to be German and made strudel and schnitzel. Had some good Pelee Island Merlot.

The winds are whistling tonight here. Hope everyone on the lis is warm and well. M sister said it’s only three months til spring, watched Green Bay upset Dallas. I called it and won five bucks.

I guess we are in the tropics of Canada compared to New Brunswick, Saskatchewan and Alberta. 
I wish I was cruising again. Hope Seasick and dh made it home okay. 
tomorrow is Buffalo and Steelers, Eagle and Buccaneers. 

• Like 13

9 minutes ago, Niagarawine said:

Good day from Hamilton and it’s very cold, minus 13. Decided to be German and made strudel and schnitzel. Had some good Pelee Island Merlot.

The winds are whistling tonight here. Hope everyone on the lis is warm and well. M sister said it’s only three months til spring, watched Green Bay upset Dallas. I called it and won five bucks.

I guess we are in the tropics of Canada compared to New Brunswick, Saskatchewan and Alberta. 
I wish I was cruising again. Hope Seasick and dh made it home okay. 
tomorrow is Buffalo and Steelers, Eagle and Buccaneers. 

Ah but first is Detroit and Los Angeles! So far Detroit is leading but they still have time to lose it lol

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

Good evening from chilly Tucson. It’s been so cold lately and I’m a wimp in the cold. However, it’s going to warm up a bit this week before it gets cold again. 

I had my final post op Friday with the cataract surgeon and she said everything looks fantastic. I told her that it was a miracle and I don’t use that word lightly. 

Thank you @0106 for today’s recipes. I also love white lasagna but not with squash. 

Debbie @dfish, I’m glad you are back online. 

Dixie @summer slope, sorry to hear about your BCC. 

@sailingdutchy Bon Voyage!

@tupper10, I don’t have any ideas for you about your DM other than to make sure she doesn’t have any more checks. I do all my DM’s banking and bills also but all but a few are on auto pay. She does have one set of checks to use as family gifts like Christmas. I don’t know how old your DM is but does she still drive?  It might be hard to restrict her spending if she has access to her bank. 

Joy & Allen @Seasick Sailor, safe travels home!

Have a good evening!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Local station just broke into the last few seconds of the LA / Detroit game (1 point game) to tell us there are light snow flurries. I looked at my weather app thinking it must be bad for them to interrupt the final seconds of a very tight play off game.

This is what I see

20240114_220440.jpg.e8ee8c8ff9200fe1448bc8b0a201bf9a.jpg

20240114_220511.thumb.jpg.66d17bd260cf82144054f0dd8d8066a2.jpg

DH opened the door - says very light drizzle, but far from the world ending.

So we know Detroit won, but we didn't see it. Gotta say, wish I'd not seen the Cowboys fiasco.😳

So, the wetness has started, but if it continues at this rate, roads should be ok in the morning. But it's very cold - feels like 0° - the heat pump is not happy.

Stay safe, everyone. 

• Like 11

Good morning. It’s freezing here in Hamilton and the Luons won by a point! My sister called it. She gets a pedicure for that. I hope all are well and staying warm today especially the lovely people in New Brunswick, Saskatchewan and Alberta. 

• Like 5