Sir Daddy Richard

Swells1

SDRB visited yesterday. Apparently, ours was the first visit to Tortola- near his private island. We diverted a bit and went by Necker Island, and were treated to a spectacular fireworks show. 

IMG_3650.jpeg

IMG_3658.jpeg

IMG_3667.jpeg

• Like 11

• 3 weeks later...

I’m from Ny. We were in a tour van today in St Lucia with 14 Brits who were on another cruise ship. They were not fans of Mr. Branson at ALL.

They were extremely vocal in their concensus that he’s done nothing for an England but make himself richer. 
I have no opinion bc I’m from the US but we were surprised how much they did not like him. 

• 2 weeks later...

He has been on both of our VV cruises for a short time.  We did a drive by of Necker island last month but no fireworks.  Someone on a sand bar had a big campfire and there was something very formal going on the main island.  Everyone stood out on the island and waved at the ship and a lot of people on the ship reciprocated.

On 2/1/2024 at 12:03 AM, WatermelonSugarHigh said:

I’m from Ny. We were in a tour van today in St Lucia with 14 Brits who were on another cruise ship. They were not fans of Mr. Branson at ALL.

They were extremely vocal in their concensus that he’s done nothing for an England but make himself richer. 
I have no opinion bc I’m from the US but we were surprised how much they did not like him. 

Weird.  Did you tell them how much fun you were having? 

I watched his masterclass and I really enjoyed it, he’s done some pretty cool things.

• Like 1

Sir Richard came onboard when we were in Tortola on Sunday and spent several hours taking selfies and chatting with folks. He seems a decent chap, and as an expat Brit myself I have no negative feelings about him, quite the contrary: I admire his willingness to put his own wellbeing at risk in service to his brand (crossing the Atlantic by ship and balloon to break records).

In Antigua today our guide had only positive vibes for SRB.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Travel-and-See said:

Weird.  Did you tell them how much fun you were having? 

I watched his masterclass and I really enjoyed it, he’s done some pretty cool things.

I have no opinion about him and know nothing other than he’s a billionaire. Just because he says hello and does some visiting doesn’t mean anything to me either way. 

• Like 1

On 2/1/2024 at 12:03 AM, WatermelonSugarHigh said:

That has been typical of many of my friends and colleagues from the UK. I personally really enjoy following his exploits and he was the reason we booked a VV cruise the very first week they went on sale. I've thought about booking one of the Celebration cruises because some friends were on last year's cruise and said it was an absolute blast. 

• Like 1