Laundry Service Unlimited

My Buddee

Been on 23 cruises since the restart and have never picked the ship that gave out free tokens or had machines fixed so tokens weren't required  I do wash our better clothes in the laundry machines.   Once having a lot of OBC asked to buy 90 tokens and GS laughed and only charged for 60.  Split them with DD and we will have some to use in May when we are on the Grand Princess again.  

Edited by coo359a2

We got off the Eurodam about 10 days ago and it was our first HAL cruise, 21-days in the Caribbean.  We bought the Unlimited laundry package.  We are Elite in Princess and get free laundry.  There is no comparison.  HAL is far superior.  On Princess we generally get a 2-day turn around on the laundry.  On HAL it was same day.  Leave the laundry out for the room steward in the morning and it was in your cabin the evening of the same day.  Leave the laundry out in the evening and it was in your cabin after breakfast the following day.  We were impressed and have already planned on buying the unlimited packaged for our upcoming 43-day HAL cruise.

On 1/15/2024 at 1:52 PM, lahlah57 said:

In november on the princess discovery....we paid nothing. I used no tokens and just pressed buttons. I was wondering what was going on. Even small detergents were sitting out on a shelf complimentary. Never expected it! 

Us too, still free on discovery from Jan 20-27. Yes there were detergent and static sheets too they they refilled as the week went on. Very nice surprise. 

23 hours ago, isosika said:

We got off the Eurodam about 10 days ago and it was our first HAL cruise, 21-days in the Caribbean.  We bought the Unlimited laundry package.  We are Elite in Princess and get free laundry.  There is no comparison.  HAL is far superior.  On Princess we generally get a 2-day turn around on the laundry.  On HAL it was same day.  Leave the laundry out for the room steward in the morning and it was in your cabin the evening of the same day.  Leave the laundry out in the evening and it was in your cabin after breakfast the following day.  We were impressed and have already planned on buying the unlimited packaged for our upcoming 43-day HAL cruise.

“There is no comparison.  HAL is far superior. “

We are considering a few trips on HAL so need some help understanding your position on this. 
On Princess we get free laundry (when we choose to use it) and free laundry tokens if we choose to do our own laundry.  

I’m having a tough time understanding why “HAL is far superior” to this when they want me to pay $8.50/day for laundry. That’s $119 on a 14 day cruise. 

Clearly I’m missing something and hoping you can help. 

• 4 weeks later...

Wow!  I am shocked that Princess does not have an unlimited service!  Am I understanding correctly that they do have a service on a per bag basis?  How much is it?

9 minutes ago, Coram said:

Wow!  I am shocked that Princess does not have an unlimited service!  Am I understanding correctly that they do have a service on a per bag basis?  How much is it?

Princess does not have a per bag price. They have an itemized list of prices for each item. Unlimited laundry as available at no charge if you are Elite or are in a suite. Princess also has self-service laundries available at a small charge for use of the machines.

7 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

Princess does not have a per bag price. They have an itemized list of prices for each item. Unlimited laundry as available at no charge if you are Elite or are in a suite. Princess also has self-service laundries available at a small charge for use of the machines.

Thank you!  I am glad I checked.  We are used to having that on HAL and our last Princess Cruise was 10 years ago.

On 2/2/2024 at 6:54 AM, MissP22 said:

Those complimentary tokens may have stopped. 

I always assumed they were given out to relieve some of the load on the laundry room.

We got free tokens no problem from guest services on the Sapphire last month for when we wanted to do a load or two ourselves.  Elite laundry service was also pretty quick, next day or 2 days max.  

8 hours ago, Coram said:

Thank you!  I am glad I checked.  We are used to having that on HAL and our last Princess Cruise was 10 years ago.

Yes, quite helpful.  I paid $141 for unlimited laundry in January on HAL Koningsdam for a 17-day cruise. The turnaround time varied between 36 to 48 hours.  I found it to be a welcomed luxury!  I wasn't sure what to expect for my upcoming cruise on the Ruby Princess.  I may pack differently.

On 1/15/2024 at 1:08 PM, JF - retired RRT said:

Once you are Elite...you get free laundry (at least for now 🤐).

Yes, hard to say whether it’s the Elite Laundry or the Elite Mini Bar that will be the subject of the next “Now included absolutely for Free Only with the Princess Premier Package” announcement. 

On 3/1/2024 at 11:57 PM, AE_Collector said:

Yes, hard to say whether it’s the Elite Laundry or the Elite Mini Bar that will be the subject of the next “Now included absolutely for Free Only with the Princess Premier Package” announcement. 

The laundry part wouldn't surprise me at all. 

• Like 1

On 3/4/2024 at 2:05 AM, 555 said:

The laundry part wouldn't surprise me at all. 

Me neither but the mini bar creates a dis-incentive to purchase the plus package so it is at risk as well. But either of these being eliminated would cause a major outcry as that would pretty much be the end of the Elite Perks. I see it being replaced with a certain amount of OBC per days of cruising which at least would make it so we could use it to purchase what we want. I’m still ticked about elimination of the coffee card swap for the minibar. And some would see the extra OBC as something they could put towards adding the Plus package.

On 2/2/2024 at 9:36 AM, isosika said:

Agree.  The unlimited package on HAL was terrific.  And the laundry QUALITY on HAL was also much better than Princess.

We took one cruise with HAL and did the Unlimited Laundry package and I didn't notice any discernable difference between the quality of the laundry or turnaround time compared to what we experience on Princess - the only difference I noted was the fact I was paying for it.

We have had nothing but great experience with our Elite laundry service on Princess and I'm so grateful for that perk. It is one of the things that keeps us loyal and is such a benefit on long cruises. We have never had any item lost or damaged and generally if we get our laundry bag to our steward before 9 a.m., we get our items back by the late afternoon or evening of the following day - I find this quite reasonable.

I do think it is a nice benefit when the cruise line offers an unlimited laundry package, or on NCL we have paid by the bag. But, selfishly, I'm a little glad Princess does not as that would probably slow my turnaround time down! Regardless, you will never find me complaining about the Elite laundry benefit and I hope it never goes away. That would be a sad day indeed!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, karatemom2 said:

We took one cruise with HAL and did the Unlimited Laundry package and I didn't notice any discernable difference between the quality of the laundry or turnaround time compared to what we experience on Princess - the only difference I noted was the fact I was paying for it.

We have had nothing but great experience with our Elite laundry service on Princess and I'm so grateful for that perk. It is one of the things that keeps us loyal and is such a benefit on long cruises. We have never had any item lost or damaged and generally if we get our laundry bag to our steward before 9 a.m., we get our items back by the late afternoon or evening of the following day - I find this quite reasonable.

I do think it is a nice benefit when the cruise line offers an unlimited laundry package, or on NCL we have paid by the bag. But, selfishly, I'm a little glad Princess does not as that would probably slow my turnaround time down! Regardless, you will never find me complaining about the Elite laundry benefit and I hope it never goes away. That would be a sad day indeed!

Amen to that!
They did lose my underwear for a few days....but then they were recovered!

• Like 1

On 1/16/2024 at 9:36 AM, cr8tiv1 said:

Suite laundry:  In by 9 AM returned after dinner same day (express).

It is safer to leave your laundry bag on the bed before you head for dinner. 

On occasions, my steward had not picked up the bag in my room/by my door, and deliver to laundry before 9 AM if I left it out the same day.

There is an option now on the app to notify that you have laundry ready to be picked up that you can use rather than waiting for your steward to collect during their rounds. Similar to room service.

12 minutes ago, Womble99 said:

There is an option now on the app to notify that you have laundry ready to be picked up that you can use rather than waiting for your steward to collect during their rounds. Similar to room service.

Hmmm. thanks, but who picks it up?

39 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Hmmm. thanks, but who picks it up?

🤷‍♂️Dunno, we send the message and it magically disappears. I am guessing the same person who comes to collect trays/dishes as it is in the same category?

• Like 1