Laundry Service Unlimited

My Buddee

I am trying to find out if you can buy unlimited laundry service on Princess Regal? I am seeing the cost for doing your own at about $6 total for wash and dry, but nothing on the unlimited package.  We are scheduled to set sail on 4/3/2024

It was so easy to just pop over to laundromat early and do it yourself. Didn't cost a cent without worries of the service shrinking your stuff in industrial washers. 

The laundromats are one of the top 5 reasons I sail with princess! So easy peasy!

Edited by lahlah57
Missing word
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lahlah57 said:

It was so easy to just pop over to laundromat early and do it yourself. Didn't cost a cent without worries of the service shrinking your stuff in industrial washers. 

The laundromats are one of the top 5 reasons I sail with princess! So easy peasy!

We were on the Regal a few month ago  & you DID have to pay to use the machines but it was nominal.

In november on the princess discovery....we paid nothing. I used no tokens and just pressed buttons. I was wondering what was going on. Even small detergents were sitting out on a shelf complimentary. Never expected it! 

2 hours ago, My Buddee said:

I am trying to find out if you can buy unlimited laundry service on Princess Regal? I am seeing the cost for doing your own at about $6 total for wash and dry, but nothing on the unlimited package.  We are scheduled to set sail on 4/3/2024

No unlimited laundry packages on Princess.

And stuff a bag for a flat free deals have gone the way of the dodo - and we're only available on longer cruises, not week long sailings..

DIY in the Laundromat or send it out via ship's laundry.

If in a suite, or Elite, laundry is free. 

Unlimited laundry would be nice! Even with the elite or suite benefit, it takes a few days. Actually, I've never been in a suite, do Suites get laundry faster than elite status passengers, asking for a future cruise? It's always a few days with elite status and depending on the cruise, it could only be once every 3-4 days. 

Edited by jennybenny
typo

15 minutes ago, jennybenny said:

Unlimited laundry would be nice! Even with the elite or suite benefit, it takes a few days. Actually, I've never been in a suite, do Suites get laundry faster than elite status passengers, asking for a future cruise? It's always a few days with elite status and depending on the cruise, it could only be once every 3-4 days. 

Suite laundry:  In by 9 AM returned after dinner same day (express).

It is safer to leave your laundry bag on the bed before you head for dinner. 

On occasions, my steward had not picked up the bag in my room/by my door, and deliver to laundry before 9 AM if I left it out the same day.

Once, steward did not notice Express box checked.  It was placed in the regular laundry bin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Once you are Elite...you get free laundry (at least for now 🤐).

1 hour ago, reedprincess said:

If in a suite, or Elite, laundry is free. 

Seems to be ship by ship. Not fleetwide. 

Neither Emerald nor Diamond are complimentary and we are Elite.

Edited by mtnesterz
Spelling

12 minutes ago, mtnesterz said:

It's not ship specific.

It's a perk of Elite, and Suite - regardless of ship.

If you were charged, without the corresponding credit to zero it out, it was an error, and you should have spoke to guest services right away to have it removed.  

• Like 3

Just now, reedprincess said:

It's not ship specific.

It's a perk of Elite, and Suite - regardless of ship.

If you were charged, without the corresponding credit to zero it out, it was an error, and you should have spoke to guest services right away to have it removed.  

1 hour ago, reedprincess said:

Clarification: Just spoke to SWMBO. She said on the Diamond, she swiped her Medallion for tokens, but later noticed there was no charge on our account. I didn't know. So, if that was the case, then it's possible that was also on the Emerald. 

• Like 1

Currently on the Majestic. First free tokens from the desk staff were no problem.   Second time I had to argue a little to get free tokens.  It depends on who is working the desk.

• Like 2

I asked the customer service agent on the Diamond, politely, in March 2023.  He asked me how many tokens I would like.  

Ironically, the washer was broken (needed one more) and the dryer took forever (4 needed).  

I did declare I was elite (he never checked).

Edited by cr8tiv1

4 hours ago, mtnesterz said:

Clarification: Just spoke to SWMBO. She said on the Diamond, she swiped her Medallion for tokens, but later noticed there was no charge on our account. I didn't know. So, if that was the case, then it's possible that was also on the Emerald. 

Free laundry for Elite and Suite is for sending it out. Not going to the laundry room and doing it yourself.

Swiping for tokens would have a charge. (Some few ships are free in the laundry room for everyone, for whatever reason.) 

Some have garnered free tokens to do their own laundry as Elite, but that's not the perk. YMMV.

It's sending it out to be done for you that's the perk, Suite or Elite. 

40 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I asked the customer service agent on the Diamond, politely, in March 2023.  He asked me how many tokens I would like.  

Ironically, the washer was broken (needed one more) and the dryer took forever (4 needed).  

I did declare I was elite (he never checked).

He probably did not need to as your medallion would have conveyed your status to the screen in front of him.

16 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Once you are Elite...you get free laundry (at least for now 🤐).

Considering all the newest charges that Princess has instated recently, I believe your prediction is about to become reality. 😪  

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/16/2024 at 8:15 AM, MissP22 said:

Considering all the newest charges that Princess has instated recently, I believe your prediction is about to become reality. 😪  

Could it be that the Bean Counters have determined it’s actually more cost-effective for them to provide elite tokens than for them to actually do elite laundry?

Edited by Bgwest
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

Could it be that the Bean Counters have determined it’s actually more cost-effective for them to provide elite tokens than for them to actually do elite laundry?

It wouldn't surprise me ay all to see them let people do their own laundry with free tokens for being elite. It's probably a big money saver. 

On 1/15/2024 at 6:31 PM, mtnesterz said:

Funny, we sent three loads out in 15 days on Emerald last week, all gratis.  I did ask at Guest Services if they gave tokens out for Elites, the answer was no.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2024 at 10:31 AM, mtnesterz said:

We had free laundry as Elites on Diamond last November. We always mark "Elite" on the form.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KreinKrunker said:

Funny, we sent three loads out in 15 days on Emerald last week, all gratis.  I did ask at Guest Services if they gave tokens out for Elites, the answer was no.

Those complimentary tokens may have stopped. 

I always assumed they were given out to relieve some of the load on the laundry room.