No sign of Cruise cancellation

We are booked on the Navigator for a Cruise from Abu Dhabi to Athens in April, Regent insists that it is going ahead despite everything that is happening around the area. I see that Silversea are cancelling their Cruises so I wonder if eventually Regent will follow. There have been many people cancel this Cruise and there seems to be lots and lots of empty suites. At least if it does go ahead there will be fantastic service!! Wonder if we will be issued with flak jackets!. I find that American Cruise lines usually tend to be overprotective if anything so I will wait and see.

World Cruise on Mariner leaves Abu Dhabi for the Suez Canal 17 days before Navigator; I would follow along on World Cruise thread to see what Chrisy et al report from the Mariner.

Edited by mrlevin

If the WC ends up even going to Abu Dhabi, that is. I have my doubts, and I’m on that prior Singapore-Abu Dhabi segment. Following closely what Silver Moon is doing.  It appears from that discussion that Regent ships could go from Colombo straight to S Africa and then up the West Coast to the Med so as not to impact the season there.  This would bypass India (bummer) and the Middle East stops (not a bummer) entirely.  I would be very interested in staying on for the potential new route around Africa. 

9 hours ago, ARDXXX said:

We are booked on the Navigator for a Cruise from Abu Dhabi to Athens in April, Regent insists that it is going ahead despite everything that is happening around the area. At least if it does go ahead there will be fantastic service!! Wonder if we will be issued with flak jackets!. I find that American Cruise lines usually tend to be overprotective if anything so I will wait and see.

Even if Regent proceeds with this cruise, there may not be much to look forward to. We were on the ill fated Navigator cruise Istanbul to Dubai in November. After canceling Aqaba (Petra) and the three ports in Oman, we wound up with two days in Luxor plus the Suez transit in the final ten days. While Luxor was incredible, it did not make up for all the other ports we missed. Eight out of ten sea days on the Navigator are ALOT! 
At least we had three days in Dubai after we got off. 

To date, the SS cancellations are not across the board. Ss moon has had stunning changes, debarking and us sailing ‘nakef’ to Mumbsi. We are still booked on SS for Oman, Qatar and UAE in mid Feb…. would love to be reassured of their plans..however, it’s early.

On 1/17/2024 at 5:18 AM, ARDXXX said:

We are booked on the Navigator for a Cruise from Abu Dhabi to Athens in April, Regent insists that it is going ahead despite everything that is happening around the area. I see that Silversea are cancelling their Cruises so I wonder if eventually Regent will follow. There have been many people cancel this Cruise and there seems to be lots and lots of empty suites. At least if it does go ahead there will be fantastic service!! Wonder if we will be issued with flak jackets!. I find that American Cruise lines usually tend to be overprotective if anything so I will wait and see.

We were booked on this same cruise and had been looking forward to it for almost two years.  We pulled the plug on it a few months ago; missing Petra and Israel really took the sheen off of the itinerary for us, although visiting the pyramids was still a bucket-list item and we'll miss that.

I'm pretty sure Regent will send Navigator up to Athens if it has to sail empty as it's a repositioning cruise - the ship needs to be in the Med for the spring season.

While I'm very disappointed that we won't be on that sailing, I'm sure our substitute cruise next month will make up for it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, UUNetBill said:

We were booked on this same cruise and had been looking forward to it for almost two years.  We pulled the plug on it a few months ago; missing Petra and Israel really took the sheen off of the itinerary for us, although visiting the pyramids was still a bucket-list item and we'll miss that.

I'm pretty sure Regent will send Navigator up to Athens if it has to sail empty as it's a repositioning cruise - the ship needs to be in the Med for the spring season.

While I'm very disappointed that we won't be on that sailing, I'm sure our substitute cruise next month will make up for it.

Was Regent flexible for your cancellation? Can you share some details? My friends canceled an October Holy Lands cruise and were disappointed they only were offered 25% FCC.

Thx.

On 1/17/2024 at 9:14 PM, PaulaJK said:

To date, the SS cancellations are not across the board. Ss moon has had stunning changes, debarking and us sailing ‘nakef’ to Mumbsi. We are still booked on SS for Oman, Qatar and UAE in mid Feb…. would love to be reassured of their plans..however, it’s early.

We are on Whisper March 20 - Mumbai to Athens, through the Red Sea.  Silence on SS.  Very frustrating as I will have to make many adjustments to flights and booked private tours.  Fortunately we booked a private tour in India for 10 days pre cruise and we will still do that and perhaps extend the land trip.  I cannot believe our cruise will go forward.  What are they waiting for?

We board Feb 11 which includes a segment with Oman, Qatar, UAE, the very routes tgat they have been cancelling. The following cruise on 3/3 goes to Egypt, Suez Canal and others.

i can’t imagine that this sequence will sail….but no word from SS…so no shock that you

have not heard about March 20. I understand your distress and share it.

13 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

Was Regent flexible for your cancellation? Can you share some details? My friends canceled an October Holy Lands cruise and were disappointed they only were offered 25% FCC.

Thx.

We cancelled (actually switched to another cruise in Feb) just before final payment was due, so no hassles with the rebooking.  If you're within the penalty window and/or in a country other than the US, I'm not sure what the options would be.

• Like 1