Help me pack!

18 hours ago, FeebeeH said:

If you go snorkelling during Irukandji season with a tour you'll most likely be provided with stinger suits.  My sister & her family went to Great Barrier Reef in Christmas 2018 and were wearing the suits.  They weren't the most attractive things, but it was better to be protected than fashionable.

I’m hoping but it doesn’t say as it’s an excursion from the ship.  It’s some kind of floating platform they stop at.  

DH is undeterred.  I’ll go but not promising I’m getting in the water.  

4 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

I’m hoping but it doesn’t say as it’s an excursion from the ship.  It’s some kind of floating platform they stop at.  

The floating pontoons will have some options for you. There is usually a glass bottomed boat or sub for people who don't swim ans still get to see some coral reef. There is also a higher platform which gives some height for viewing,  A slide, snorkling, scuba, pool noodles, life vests, etc. Or just a dip next to the pontoon. Lunch is usually served on the boat so you can come and go as you wish.

• Like 1

Just now, cruiselvr04 said:

The tour operators are on the ball. Letting their customers get stung isn't very good for business.

• Like 1

The Surf Lifesavers are very aware of the dangers in their particular area. I have 'swim between the flags' embedded in my DNA by this time.

The affiliated website that covers diving and snorkelling includes an app available for both Android and Apple phones. I have no idea what's on that app: I don't do much swimming these days. But this group (Surf Lifesavers) have been the experts in safely swimming in Australia for longer than I've been alive. If you were my absolute best friend in the entire world, I'd give you the exact same websites.

Take their advice when swimming or snorkeling and you won't have to worry about a thing.

Julia.

12 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

We did a ship excursion to a floating pontoon in the middle of Stinger Season - they definitely provide Stinger Suits.  

We also did another deep water  snorkeling excursion off an inflatable boat and stinger suits were provided by the operator there too.

No need to limit yourself to the underwater submarine, (unless you can’t swim).  Nothing wrong with submarine but it would be a shame to travel all this way & spend the big $$$ and not snorkel the GBR.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 4

On 1/20/2024 at 8:44 AM, arxcards said:

The video is visible Laura. Thanks.

Could you please look at post #14 though. The attachment shows as unavailable to members of this forum.

Similarly a few months ago, I attached a Princess pdf in this forum to find it unviewable for anyone here, but the same pdf was viewable when attached to a post in the Princess forum.

Yep Geoff, its a bit of a mystery with how CC will treat an upload, I've had excel files upload, and all can download them, then next one says not available to access.

I'm not sure whether its a CC thing, or a software thing, or a setting in the software, that acts differently depending on the angle of the wind that day.😁

1 minute ago, MicCanberra said:

It could also be due to the individuals device, and Wether it has the necessary software or the latest version required to download.

Nope.

If you upload an attachment on this board, you are the only one that can see/download it. Do the same on other boards such as roll calls or the various cruise line boards and everyone can see/download it.

You uploaded a link on this thread a few days ago. How many times does it show as downloaded?

8 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

It could also be due to the individuals device, and Wether it has the necessary software or the latest version required to download.

Mic,

I figure you are the only one here that sees something different to this.

Web capture_23-1-2024_71532_boards.cruisecritic.com.au.jpeg

10 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Mic,

I figure you are the only one here that sees something different to this.

Web capture_23-1-2024_71532_boards.cruisecritic.com.au.jpeg

It is unavailable to me as well  now, I suspect  I have not copied the link across properly or some other glitch has occurred.

26 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

It is unavailable to me as well  now, I suspect  I have not copied the link across properly or some other glitch has occurred.

It is the same for all attachments that are loaded on this board. Not the main boards, but this one. I have had it that a Princess launch brochure was not available here, but available to everyone when it was attached to a post on the Princess board. I will see if I can find the two posts.

BBCode has administrative permissions that allow settings for each individual board to be switched on or off. I would suspect that someone attached something naughty in the past, so the setting was switched off to protect everyone from the breach(es).So be it, except that you can still attach a file, and be totally unaware that nobody else can view it.

• Like 1