App and 7-days of Smart Casual?

I have an upcoming NS cruise and the My Itinerary section of the Mobile App says "Tonight's Dress: Smart Casual" for all 7 nights. Is this accurate? Or are there still two Formal nights per 7-day sailing?

Thanks for any insights!

I noticed the same on my cruise when I checked a week or two ago. Then yesterday (a week from the cruise) we noticed it had been updated to include two dressy nights and the orange party. So just check closer to your sail date!

• Like 3

Formal is gone.  It’s now “dressy”.  the app doesn’t reflect the dress code until you are very close to sailing.  It used to be when you got on board but it seemed to update a week before our last cruise.

navigator works best on board IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KenveeB said:

I noticed the same on my cruise when I checked a week or two ago. Then yesterday (a week from the cruise) we noticed it had been updated to include two dressy nights and the orange party. So just check closer to your sail date!

Thanks, I’ll check back!

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Formal is gone.  It’s now “dressy”.  the app doesn’t reflect the dress code until you are very close to sailing.  It used to be when you got on board but it seemed to update a week before our last cruise.

navigator works best on board IMO.

Thanks! I prefer the navigator, too!

17 hours ago, 3MBCruisers said:

I have an upcoming NS cruise and the My Itinerary section of the Mobile App says "Tonight's Dress: Smart Casual" for all 7 nights. Is this accurate? Or are there still two Formal nights per 7-day sailing?

Thanks for any insights!

I have found that all of the cruise line apps I have used are iffy and subject to change until actually onboard, when you connect to that ships actual server.

It would be helpful to know when the dressy nights are so that specialty restaurant reservations can be made for other nights. If I make a reservation for a specialty restaurant and then need to cancel the reservation because there’s a conflict do they refund those charges directly to your credit card or do you get on board credit?

19 minutes ago, Cruising on a Sunday afte said:

It would be helpful to know when the dressy nights are so that specialty restaurant reservations can be made for other nights. If I make a reservation for a specialty restaurant and then need to cancel the reservation because there’s a conflict do they refund those charges directly to your credit card or do you get on board credit?

It depends on when you cancel.  If you cancel your reservation (and paid for it) before sailing (I believe it needs to be done 3 days prior) then it will be credited to your credit card.  If it’s after close off or on board it is on board credit.

Dressy nights are not hard to figure out unless you have a different itinerary.  The first full day of the cruise (especially if you are at sea) is a Dressy Night.  the second last night of the cruise - especially if it’s a sea day is usually a dressy night.  If your cruise is longer than 7 days then the other night(s) are usually on a sea day or a very short port day.

I wish we could add some kind of sticky about the Navigator app -- it's intended use is for boarding and use during your cruise. Until then, the activities, menus, dress codes, etc. listed are NOT actual and should not be relied upon.

• Thanks 1