LIVE 💎 Jewel 💎 of the Seas - Southern Caribbean 1/20/24

47 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Thank you 🙏🏻  😀  

Yours isn’t too shabby itself !  I’ve been trying to keep up but it’s hard at the moment.

I have not seen the bar spin however I haven’t been up there for any late night festivities yet.  I’ll see if I can investigate that as I’d be interested as well.

Funny you ask about Chops B-fast.  That’s where we are sitting now!  Service is great here.  Food good too.  DWs sausages links were cold & not great but otherwise eggs are all cooked perfectly.  I wanted something different so had the banana french toast.  Yummy.

Thanks!  🙂  Very happy to hear Chops breakfast improved!  Thanks!   We have been enjoying the "fruit bread" French toast on Sundays.  Yummm!  Have to ask for it....otherwise we get it as toast on the side sometimes.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

I have not seen the bar spin however I haven’t been up there for any late night festivities yet.

It was working great last May so hopefully SteelCity can still enjoy it. Just ask the bar tender to flip the switch behind the bar. If I remember correctly Serenade's and Radiance's bar have not been working for years.

57 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yeah, it's going by fast!!  😮 

See you in Athens 😉

18 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

See you in Athens 😉

Sorry, won't be there.   We are "quarter cruisers"   Having booked first and last quarter, so we are only on for 1/2 the WC.   But I am sure you will have fun there...enjoy!  

We ventured outside and did some exploring.  Only outside for about 2 hours.

First impressions…

#1 Wow - hot 🥵  90+

#2 No shortage of taxi drivers and tour operators constantly asking you to go on a tour.  They are literally swarming around the exit gate.  It’s like a taxi driver gauntlet.  

Heres the rates if you’re interested:

IMG_2022.thumb.jpeg.45322d8d1f1513843f75248baa5363a2.jpeg

#3 It has potential to be a great stop just needs more work.  General upkeep and cleaning around the port area.  Simple stuff like upkeep on fencing and picking up garbage would go a long way to start.

I’ll just cut to the chase.  My advice is either Book a royal excursion or stay on the ship here.  (or do what we did if you’ve never been)

Would have been a good beach day but DW’s eye is better but not 100%.  She doesn’t want risk a setback & disrupt St. Lucia plans tomorrow.

I’ll add some additional posts and pics as the day goes on.  I think we are heading to solarium or pool for awhile.  

Dinner is Izumi tonight.  

Edited by SteelCityCruiser10
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, Blaise said:

We're on this cruise the week after next. In Tobago we're thinking about just taking a cab over to Store Bay for a little beach, bar, and shopping. Kind of intimidated by the crowds (and additional distance) of Pigeon Point. Let us know how the ad hoc cab situation looks.

See prior post re:taxiIMG_2022.thumb.jpeg.48b40519f37745dcdf216df483b6cbd1.jpeg

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Hello from twin sister Serenade.  Nice review you have going on!  🙂 

A couple of questions.   Does the circle bar in the VCL spin around?  I can't remember which ship still has that working.  And speaking of working, our pool tables do not work on the "floating/gyro"  system...either one of them since we boarded 47 days ago.  One of the 3 outbound elevators has been stuck on deck 12 since we boarded as well.  Ugh...😣

Are you using Chops for breakfast?  When we did 2 different B2Bs last year out of PC, we finally gave up with the really bad service in there.  Was very surprised how good it was in the restaurant after that.  On this ship, the Chops breakfast is the best ever.  Great food and service.  

Ehh..win some lose some.  😉  

Enjoy the rest of your cruise! 

I know the pool tables gyro system wasn’t working on Jewel when we were in her in 2019.  I’ll try and stop by.  There’s some teenage kids using it most of the time.  

• Like 1

We Putz’ed around outside in the wild 😜 for a bit.  Walked down to the I ❤️ Tobago sign and got a pic.  What d’ya know there are two taxi drivers sitting on the sign waiting to ask if you want a tour.  No thanks.

IMG_2043.thumb.jpeg.2b1e37bc4832a9190c160434a14069ad.jpeg

After that we hung out in the Esplanade & had a couple drinks, enjoyed the view of water and the breeze in the shade.  There were several vendors that sought us out asking if wanted to do anything or a ride.  One guy even offered to take us on a tour for FREE.  Umm still no.  Most were not pushy but some needed several strong No…No thank you.. Have a great day!  seemed to work.

• Like 5

IMG_2027.thumb.jpeg.52b6dc84d57ba623e93ba0d41aa07dfe.jpeg

Milford Road Esplanade 

Beers hit the spot.  DW had a ginger shandy.  She said it was good (if you like ginger ale and ginger beer) it was a cross between the two.  Tasted like a strong ginger ale or a weak ginger beer.

IMG_2045.thumb.jpeg.5b3145ab56dba67c2cc545a03dc139f9.jpeg

IMG_2033.thumb.jpeg.f2addcf3e7486b17c95542f16695c764.jpeg

IMG_2028.thumb.jpeg.cf6c37d78b691bed467378dcb6fa1f30.jpeg

You can see Many of the shops were not open.  A few were open and those were all food & drink.

Small beach area behind the I ❤️ Tobago sign

IMG_2040.thumb.jpeg.81a324b7c598c53ccb350fe1973851ac.jpeg

Edited by SteelCityCruiser10
Hate auto correct
  • Like 8

31 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

I know the pool tables gyro system wasn’t working on Jewel when we were in her in 2019.  I’ll try and stop by.  There’s some teenage kids using it most of the time.  

It was comical as Bucky and I did play on a rather rough sea day.  We would set up behind the cue ball, then it would run away from the stick.  😄 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

We named our chicken friends while we enjoyed our beverages 🤣

This is Cluckles

IMG_2047.thumb.jpeg.0968e281217368c0a545f868ac8d79c5.jpeg

And Tobago (yes, very imaginative I know 😂)

IMG_5260.thumb.jpeg.2d6f03b7f6943e87a5d3053ae849c24e.jpeg

And FogHorn LegHorn

IMG_2051.thumb.jpeg.6fbbb6f96ffaa6367e24bce69aaa9573.jpeg

OMG...way too funny!!   😁🤣😂  Cluckles....LOL!! 

Hey that 2nd picture was chicken dinner delivery to door?  😄   Mr. Leghorn is a gorgeous boy!  

I had to take the lap top over to Bucky to show him your post, we are both still laughing!

Edited by island lady
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, island lady said:

OMG...way too funny!!   😁🤣😂  Cluckles....LOL!! 

Hey that 2nd picture was chicken dinner delivery to door?  😄   Mr. Leghorn is a gorgeous boy!  

I had to take the lap top over to Bucky to show him your post, we are both still laughing!

Anyone who stops here is going to have to check on my feathered friends.  There is a BBQ pit going pretty strong where we got the beers.  My theory is the local feathered friends are all on the menu eventually.. 😂

Run Cluckles Run!!

• Haha 12

10 hours ago, perfect match said:

Great pictures and great report! We normally cruise and love the big ships but you’ve got me thinking about Jewel. We would certainly like your itinerary. Thank you.

If you like port intensive itineraries it’s gotta be high on the list.  If not, make your least favorite port a sea day.  problem solved!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, countess5 said:

You Found Blue Carib! 

Have had a lot of Carib beer over the years but just found Blue in Antigua last year. 

Nice Find!

Cheers! 

Cheers 🍻 

I had the blue in Barbados too.  I like it more than the light Carib.  Probably b/c it has more alcohol 😆 

image.gif.f33a2e6d45d1a650bbe5020ec3a79046.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

I like it more than the light Carib.  Probably b/c it has more alcohol 😆 

I'll be looking for it on our March Caribbean cruise. 🍻