Can't book Dining on the App till final payment?

I tried to book dining on the Sun Princess for our cruise next Fall, using the app.  I got a message that I am not eligible to do so until final payment is made.  Has this always been the case with Princess?  I feel like you could do so before making final payment in the past...

7 minutes ago, Cruising Forever! said:

I tried to book dining on the Sun Princess for our cruise next Fall, using the app.  I got a message that I am not eligible to do so until final payment is made.  Has this always been the case with Princess?  I feel like you could do so before making final payment in the past...

Yes, it's always been the case since the introduction of Dine My Way.

Elite Captain's Circle guests can book anytime, everyone else - after final payment.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cruising Forever! said:

Assuming you are not yet Platinum or Elite, then the system is working the way is should,  It is a Platinum/Elite benefit to be able to access DMW immediately following a deposit payment.  That said, there have been instances of folks not yet at those member levels who have been able to make reservations in DMW.  Sorry, but I hope any loopholes are getting fixed and closed. 

Prior to DMW, it was first-come, first-booked for early or late dining or ATD until capacities were filled.  You then would have to request on board if you wanted to try and get something that was showing as full.  With the new reservation system, certain time slots or table types can get filled up before sail date.

BTW, you can elect to make your final payment earlier than the due date and then you get access to DMW.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

I am on an upcoming trip on Crown Princess (September 2024) I have not made my final payment, but I have made two specialty dining reservations and paid for them.

I have also made all of reservations for all of my evening meals in the three different MDRs with no problem.

I am also booked on the Sun for a Fall 2025 cruise. I’m platinum and am still not able to make any dining reservations, My message says “We could not find reservations at this time.  Please check back later.” (See pic).  A few weeks ago, I was reading through some of the Sun Princess roll calls and I think even passengers on cruises scheduled for February 2024 were having difficulty making dining reservations.IMG_3735.thumb.jpeg.bdc20fbbc62d933fe8d5a5a4561f3176.jpeg

4 hours ago, mthomp5 said:

I am also booked on the Sun for a Fall 2025 cruise. I’m platinum and am still not able to make any dining reservations, My message says “We could not find reservations at this time.  Please check back later.” (See pic).  A few weeks ago, I was reading through some of the Sun Princess roll calls and I think even passengers on cruises scheduled for February 2024 were having difficulty making dining reservations.IMG_3735.thumb.jpeg.bdc20fbbc62d933fe8d5a5a4561f3176.jpeg

The Sun is not fully accepting reservations yet 🙂

• Thanks 1

I know you are not supposed to be able to make dining reservations until you've made the final payment but I was able to make them in the new app anyway. Not sure why but I'm not complaining.

As for making them for Sun Princess, people have been reporting they can't do it yet no matter what their status. Maybe because it's so new?

On 1/17/2024 at 11:10 PM, Steelers36 said:

Assuming you are not yet Platinum or Elite, then the system is working the way is should,  It is a Platinum/Elite benefit to be able to access DMW immediately following a deposit payment.  That said, there have been instances of folks not yet at those member levels who have been able to make reservations in DMW.  Sorry, but I hope any loopholes are getting fixed and closed. 

Prior to DMW, it was first-come, first-booked for early or late dining or ATD until capacities were filled.  You then would have to request on board if you wanted to try and get something that was showing as full.  With the new reservation system, certain time slots or table types can get filled up before sail date.

BTW, you can elect to make your final payment earlier than the due date and then you get access to DMW.

I also tried to reserve on the new app and it gives an message that I need to connect to MedaillonNet on board. We are Platinum and our cruise is in August. Am I doing something wrong?

I have always given the advice to totally bypass the app (either one,now) in favor of the "web version" available under the cruise personalizer. In my opinion...it's just so much easier to see more of your schedule using a larger screen. (I always do this on my desktop PC.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HMSDingy said:

I also tried to reserve on the new app and it gives an message that I need to connect to MedaillonNet on board. We are Platinum and our cruise is in August. Am I doing something wrong?

Hard to say from the information provided.  I would suggest using the web version of the Ocean App and access DMW there for reservations.  See if that works for you.

19 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Hard to say from the information provided.  I would suggest using the web version of the Ocean App and access DMW there for reservations.  See if that works for you.

When I go to the website, it states  that dining reservations nave moved to the MedaillonClass app. Funny that now I went on the app and I can book a SD reservation but it's showing a charge even though I have the plus package. I would hope that the charge is removed once on board.

Edited by HMSDingy

33 minutes ago, HMSDingy said:

When I go to the website, it states  that dining reservations nave moved to the MedaillonClass app. Funny that now I went on the app and I can book a SD reservation but it's showing a charge even though I have the plus package. I would hope that the charge is removed once on board.

Hmm.. were you accessing the web version of the App and not just the Cruise Personalizer?

37 minutes ago, HMSDingy said:

I can book a SD reservation but it's showing a charge even though I have the plus package. I would hope that the charge is removed once on board

SD is not free with the plus package.  Did you mean premiere?

• Like 1

Just now, t&atravel said:

SD is not free with the plus package.  Did you mean premiere?

I stand corrected Yes, its with Premier but I have Plus. I'll still book even though I have to pay/

6 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Hmm.. were you accessing the web version of the App and not just the Cruise Personalizer?

Sorry for the confusion. I have the new app and when I tried to book a reservation at the SD restaurants, it didn't save the reservation even with regular dining, I called Princess and everything was sorted out. I now have both my SD and regular dining booked. I was mistaken about the SD on the Plus package and I would need to upgrade to Premier to get the SD freebies. 

• Like 1