2025-26 World Cruise announced

Mich3554

I got a phone call yesterday letting me know that the WC dropped.  Routing is the same as the past couple of years, I had hoped it would be different. 

We have a cabin tentatively booked.  No decision yet.  

14 minutes ago, Mich3554 said:

I got a phone call yesterday letting me know that the WC dropped.  Routing is the same as the past couple of years, I had hoped it would be different.  

The actual routing may vary, however, depending on which war is being fought at the time and where.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, SJD117 said:

The actual routing may vary, however, depending on which war is being fought at the time and where.

unfortunately that is correct 😞

5 hours ago, SJD117 said:

Hopefully the fighting in Burma will be over, so they can stop there for the first time.

That’s annoying.  So much for my rep at Viking letting me know when it dropped, now the ES are all sold out.  I guess we are sticking with our Regent WC for 2026.  

Ah, well, I think the Regent itinerary is a bit better anyway, even if I don’t like the onboard experience as much.  DH likes the fact that our current choice is round-trip Miami, he’s not a fan of the way the Viking WC seems to always end in England instead of going completely around the world back to its starting point.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

Hopefully the fighting in Burma will be over, so they can stop there for the first time.

Burma officially changed its name in 1989 to what it is called in its native language, Myanmar.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, cmvikinger said:

They don't seem to be?

image.thumb.png.9e7de7426d8b987ed37c4e07d2eaef3b.png

That’s weird.  When I checked yesterday it was completely sold out.  Maybe lots of cabins on an initial hold that people decided not to book?  Either way, think we are sticking with the Regent one.  While I don’t like the onboard experience as much, the itinerary is a bit better, and DH really likes the round-trip Miami part, that’s one of his must-dos, beginning and ending at the same port.  Thanks for pointing it out, though, I feel better about my rep now.

10 minutes ago, bookbabe said:

That’s weird.  When I checked yesterday it was completely sold out.  Maybe lots of cabins on an initial hold that people decided not to book?  Either way, think we are sticking with the Regent one.  While I don’t like the onboard experience as much, the itinerary is a bit better, and DH really likes the round-trip Miami part, that’s one of his must-dos, beginning and ending at the same port.  Thanks for pointing it out, though, I feel better about my rep now.

Were you looking at the 2024-2025 one (which is the default view)? I got a bit confused by that. It's hard to spot since both start on Dec 19 of their respective years, with the same ship, and the same start/end ports 😄

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bookbabe said:

Viking is downright economical in comparison…

IMG_3565.png

I wouldn’t call a $300K outlay for a cruise “economical” in any universe. But that’s just me.

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, SJD117 said:

I wouldn’t call a $300K outlay for a cruise “economical” in any universe. But that’s just me.

Considering Regent is double the cost of Viking for a world cruise, and the inclusions aren’t that much different, at least not enough to justify double the cost, the Viking world cruise is a pretty good bargain.  But you already have to be planning to spend a serious chunk of cash to be considering a world cruise anyway, so I guess YMMV.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, bookbabe said:

Considering Regent is double the cost of Viking for a world cruise, and the inclusions aren’t that much different, at least not enough to justify double the cost, the Viking world cruise is a pretty good bargain.  But you already have to be planning to spend a serious chunk of cash to be considering a world cruise anyway, so I guess YMMV.

“A serious chunk of cash” = “That’s some serious coin!” We’re on the same page.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2024 at 12:33 PM, bookbabe said:

Isn't Oceania the better comparison to Viking?

image.thumb.png.65b1dcc8fc3d71e5c793e06afcaeeac9.png

• Like 2