Cape Liberty 2025

Anyone have any clue why there are still no itineraries for Cape Liberty after April of 2025? They released all of the NA 2024 sailings in December of 2022 so we're a month past that timeline already. It looks like about half the ships in the fleet have itineraries for next summer and the rest are still up in the air

Any thoughts on if Symphony will see a second year in a row or will Wonder or Utopia come north? Allure/Harmony/Oasis already have itineraries so I know it wont be them and I guess assuming a quantum class comes north it'll be Ovation or Spectrum

We are interested too.. Ready to book Symphony for May/June, Liberty for August/September, Odyssey for Thanksgiving….

Or whatever will be there for those dates 

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

Probably Odyssey again in fall/winter/spring 2025/2026, unless there's a mutiny in 2024/2025 for no indoor family pool.

Yeah… and for colder Solarium due to this… 

I am ready to lead. 🙂 

10 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Probably Odyssey again in fall/winter/spring 2025/2026, unless there's a mutiny in 2024/2025 for no indoor family pool.

I concur! Silly ship deployment for a cold weather port. What are they thinking...

33 minutes ago, adolfo2 said:

I concur! Silly ship deployment for a cold weather port. What are they thinking...

I said the same thing on one of the earlier posts when it was announced--why not Ovation as replacement.

3 hours ago, adolfo2 said:

I personally am fine with Odyssey.  I think I used the indoor pool twice during the 75 nights I've sailed on Anthem. 

I'd rather have El Loco Fresh than JR

Look forward to Playmakers

Look forward to an open MDR 

May try Teppanyaki

Will miss the WJ outdoor seating

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

I personally am fine with Odyssey.  I think I used the indoor pool twice during the 75 nights I've sailed on Anthem. 

I'd rather have El Loco Fresh than JR

Look forward to Playmakers

Look forward to an open MDR 

May try Teppanyaki

Will miss the WJ outdoor seating

The problem is all the people  ( including kids), jammed into the solarium on the first 2 ,and last 2 days on a winter sailing

Edited by jptoz
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, jptoz said:

The problem is all the people  ( including kids), jammed into the solarium on the first 2 ,and last 2 days on a winter sailing

Depends on if they allow under 18 in the solarium.  Maybe they will actually kick out chair hogs ... one can wish.  If Odyssey sells out, they have no incentive to change ships.

Did they do winter sailings from Cape Liberty before Quantum?  I know Explorer (no indoor pool + open solarium) had sailed from CL, but I don't know if she did in the winter.

Also, Vision class seems to manage winter sailings from Baltimore without an indoor family pool and 18+ solarium.

5 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Depends on if they allow under 18 in the solarium.  Maybe they will actually kick out chair hogs ... one can wish.  If Odyssey sells out, they have no incentive to change ships.

Did they do winter sailings from Cape Liberty before Quantum?  I know Explorer (no indoor pool + open solarium) had sailed from CL, but I don't know if she did in the winter.

Also, Vision class seems to manage winter sailings from Baltimore without an indoor family pool and 18+ solarium.

I'm under the impression , that kids will be allowed in the solarium .

51 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

This! I was on the vision for the Christmas cruise. People were def in the pool and hot tubs on the first/second days and the last 2 days. I couldn't understand it but 🤷🏽‍♀️

• Like 1

It was tough on Explorer… no indoor pool or solarium. Vision usually doesn’t have many families.

Also people get used to good fast. 

Solarium and whole setup is one of reasons we sail twice on this type of ships. For Thanksgiving and longer cruise in January. We live in Solarium.

I see several issues. 

1. Kids in Solarium

2. Colder Solarium. Indoor family pool is a buffer between Solarium and outdoors. Also towel station is now inside (in Indoor pool section), but will be outside.

I know Explorer (no indoor pool + open solarium) had sailed from CL, but I don't know if she did in the winter.

We were on her when she sailed with the decks covered in snow.  Gone when we woke up the next morning.  It was kind of fun having snow when we left.

5 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

We were on her when she sailed with the decks covered in snow.  Gone when we woke up the next morning.  It was kind of fun having snow when we left.

Yeah, we've had snow several times sailing from Baltimore.

12 hours ago, adolfo2 said:

Anthem is coming up on ten years old and heading to dry dock. After just getting off of her, she needs some work done. Johnny Rockets can go away and they can add Playmakers up in the Seaplex. After that, we'll welcome her back out of Bayonne in the Winters.

3 hours ago, toad455 said:

Anthem is coming up on ten years old and heading to dry dock. After just getting off of her, she needs some work done. Johnny Rockets can go away and they can add Playmakers up in the Seaplex. After that, we'll welcome her back out of Bayonne in the Winters.

The “wave pool” desperately needs to become a Splashaway Bay.

6 hours ago, Cigar King said:

Wrong computer - Explorer photos are on the other one.  Here is Grandeur.

Grandeur January 12 2019 snow on pool deck.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, toad455 said:

Totally agree, I've been on Anthem a number of times(my home port). She's getting a little old. Need some of the newer venues, change of shows. But she's the perfect ship for winter sailing from NJ.  The last time I was on anthem was in Nov. Horrible weather, with the outdoor  pool decks being closed for most of the week. That's when I realized that if this was on Odyssey, the solarium would of been an absolute mess. I've been on Odyssey before, and loved her,  but the open pool deck is a hard pass for me with a winter sailing. Unfortunately it looks like Odyssey will be here for the 24-25 winter, and the 25-26 winter as well. 

1 hour ago, jptoz said:

The last time I was on anthem was in Nov. Horrible weather, with the outdoor  pool decks being closed for most of the week. That's when I realized that if this was on Odyssey, the solarium would of been an absolute mess. 

All the times I've been on Anthem, the solarium is a mess.  Chair hogs galore.  On the fall TA, there was one group that moved furniture around and put up signs claiming their territory.  Another group set up a "tent".