Fun day in Cozumel?

Bridget2

Husband and I stopped in Cozumel a few years ago and, to be honest we were unimpressed.  We took an excursion to Chananook (sp?) Park and swam with the dolphins and it was ok, but not something we feel like repeating.  We're not into ruins.  So what should we do there?  Thanks for any suggestions.

42 minutes ago, Bridget2 said:

Husband and I stopped in Cozumel a few years ago and, to be honest we were unimpressed.  We took an excursion to Chananook (sp?) Park and swam with the dolphins and it was ok, but not something we feel like repeating.  We're not into ruins.  So what should we do there?  Thanks for any suggestions.

Presumably Chankanaab?

It would be more helpful if you were more positive and gave some indication of what you do like to do?

Active/ quiet, beach, pool/beach, cooking/food, party, drinking, cultural, diving, fishing, adventure?

Edited by c-leg5

We like the beach, but we're having beach days on several other islands.  I'd like to try snorkeling.  Or maybe walk around sightseeing.  Just wondering what others enjoy there.

32 minutes ago, Bridget2 said:

We like the beach, but we're having beach days on several other islands.  I'd like to try snorkeling.  Or maybe walk around sightseeing.  Just wondering what others enjoy there.

Cozumel is renowned for diving rather than snorkeling ( most snorkeling too deep as inner reefs destroyed by storms or bleaching) but you could go to one of the snorkeling locations from land (several locations recommended on this forum) or a boat snorkel.

Maybe a private driver for the day,or self-guided walk around town.

Edited by c-leg5

3 minutes ago, carbon said:

Take the Cozumel bar hop excursion to the other side of the island. Fun and beautiful!

image.png.b7440df3555d7c7825e37d0034af58a8.png

Fun for us too but not for everyone which is why I was trying to get some positive vibes! 

There are all sorts of activities available but you have to be able to narrow it down.

We did a Cozumel Food Tour.  It stopped at several different places, and we sampled food and drinks.  Some of the places were little hole in the wall places that you would normally walk right by but had amazing food.  There was also a stop at a local outdoor market. Not the most exciting excursion, but it was a lot of fun. 

My wife and I did the Tabasco's Chef Maestro: Cooking, Tasting & Drinks, a Carnival excursion, a couple of years ago.  It was really fun.  This spring we're doing the Ultimate Mexology by Jose Cuervo with Lunch excursion, also through Carnival.

We also did the Salsa and Salsa excursion through Viking a few years ago.  It was fun for our group of 8.