Liberty's Premium Vista Balcony - Is there a couch for our son to sleep on in room 6452?

Quick question - 

Our TA just booked a last minute cruise on the Liberty for a weekend getaway - could not beat the price. Though we love the space of suites, we chose the Premium Vista Balcony as the Liberty really has no big suite perks like on the newer ships. 

He assures us that this room class 9C / room 6452 has a pullout couch / bed for our 14 teen, but there is not one in the online room drawings nor all of the videos. 

Can anyone out there help? Will call the cruise line desk in the morning but stressed out a bit over this. 

Warmest, Amy

I just did a search on cruisedeckplans.com - there is a video of Liberty aft wrap cabin 6483, which is identical to your cabin.  It shows a couch, and the cabin is listed as a triple, so you should have no problem with your soon having a place to sleep!

• Like 2

You exact cabin, 6452, is listed on the deck plan I checked as a triple with two single beds which can be placed together and a single convertible sofa bed.

Be prepared for the cabin steward to not be willing to make the sofa bed back into a sofa during the day and instead leave it as a bed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pe4all said:

I just did a search on cruisedeckplans.com - there is a video of Liberty aft wrap cabin 6483, which is identical to your cabin.  It shows a couch, and the cabin is listed as a triple, so you should have no problem with your soon having a place to sleep!

Thank you so much to you and @homosassa - I looked at cruisedeckplans as well as multiple other videos of that 9C class post the 2011-refresh, and some show the sofa bed, some do not. Maybe it's an "angle-thing"?

New to Carnival, but thought it would be a fun quick trip. I understand the boat is smaller, older and a bit worm out, but I am a small, older, slightly worn out chika so it may be a good fit 🙂

I really appreciate the quick response!

Warmest, Amy

33 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

You exact cabin, 6452, is listed on the deck plan I checked as a triple with two single beds which can be placed together and a single convertible sofa bed.

Be prepared for the cabin steward to not be willing to make the sofa bed back into a sofa during the day and instead leave it as a bed.

Thank you so much to you and @pe4all - I looked at cruisedeckplans as well as multiple other videos of that 9C class post the 2011-refresh, and some show the sofa bed, some do not. Maybe it's an "angle-thing"?

New to Carnival, but thought it would be a fun quick trip. I understand the boat is smaller, older and a bit worm out, but I am a small, older, slightly worn out chika so it may be a good fit 🙂

I really appreciate the quick response!

Warmest, Amy

We love the Liberty, and that class of ship.  Have been on every one of them, and - even though it is "older" would not hesitate to sail on any of them again.  Have a great cruise!

23 hours ago, amygutman said:

Thank you so much to you and @homosassa - I looked at cruisedeckplans as well as multiple other videos of that 9C class post the 2011-refresh, and some show the sofa bed, some do not. Maybe it's an "angle-thing"?

I always check the specific deck plans for any ship I book.

My on line travel agency site has a easy to use listing of all the ships for which they book cruises. 

Part of the information is a detailed deck plan that shows the cabins with symbols that details the specifics of each cabin.

As I can't give the specific site name, you might want to check out on line travel agents and find one that has a link for "Ships and Ratings" on their header of the main page and bookmark it.

It is an easy way to check on any ship that you may be interested in.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2024 at 12:48 PM, pe4all said:

We love the Liberty, and that class of ship.  Have been on every one of them, and - even though it is "older" would not hesitate to sail on any of them again.  Have a great cruise!

@pe4all that is wonderful to hear. It was a last minute booking for a long weekend I had off of work. Have never been on Carnival (though booked on the Mardi Gras for a TA next year). Have to say, the videos / photos of the room on Youtube and cruisedeckplans.com do look a bit dire. I hear the crew though are amazing. 

If you wouldn't mind taking the time, what are your tips to best enjoy this ship? Personal likes / dislikes would be amazing. 

Warmest, Amy

On 1/20/2024 at 5:46 PM, Riemercruisin said:

If it didn't have a sofa, your TA would not be able to book 3 of you in that cabin.

Yes, I agree and feel silly seeking reassurance but you can understand why I am asking the question as the photos / videos do not appear to match up with the room description post the 2011 refurb. 

We love our TA - and he called me today to reassure us as well. Told me I should make a video / take photos of the room as there are so few online so I may take his advice. 

Warmest, Amy

On 1/21/2024 at 8:56 AM, Homosassa said:

I always check the specific deck plans for any ship I book.

My on line travel agency site has a easy to use listing of all the ships for which they book cruises. 

Part of the information is a detailed deck plan that shows the cabins with symbols that details the specifics of each cabin.

As I can't give the specific site name, you might want to check out on line travel agents and find one that has a link for "Ships and Ratings" on their header of the main page and bookmark it.

It is an easy way to check on any ship that you may be interested in.

@Homosassa Wonderful advice - thank you. 

As you can see from my signature, we usually are NCL or MSC cruisers - we are getting more adventurous with other cruise lines so there is more unpredictability. It's also our first non-suite in a while...no real suite benefits on Liberty as we booked the faster to the fun option. 

Though we do like big ships, we prefer smaller ships. Older is never a problem other than things like smaller bathrooms (and it seems like Liberty has uber small WCs) and some wear-and-tear (and from I read online, a very lumpy pull-out bed).

For three nights, this seems like a fun intro to Carnival - lumpy pull-out bed and all!

Warmest, Amy

We also like smaller ships.

The MSC Armonia was scheduled to be in Tampa for the winter season of November 2020 - February 2021.

We were planning to book her while on our early March 2020 cruise of the Armonia.

Alas, that cruise was the last cruise of the season as Covid shut everything down and the Armonia has not made her way back to Tampa.

• Like 1

Yes on the couch and that is the best balcony cabin we have ever stayed in! Very roomy and the balcony is huge!  I remember when they used to be just a little more than a standard balcony cabin. They have gotten really expensive now though.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, amygutman said:

@pe4all that is wonderful to hear. It was a last minute booking for a long weekend I had off of work. Have never been on Carnival (though booked on the Mardi Gras for a TA next year). Have to say, the videos / photos of the room on Youtube and cruisedeckplans.com do look a bit dire. I hear the crew though are amazing. 

If you wouldn't mind taking the time, what are your tips to best enjoy this ship? Personal likes / dislikes would be amazing. 

Warmest, Amy

My best advice to you is to "go with the flow" - don't let small things bother you.  The crew is there to make your cruise the very best it can be.  Treat them with respect.  If you eat at the buffet when you board, go up to deck 10 (there is a stairway in the buffet area) where the bbq area is - it is usually very quiet up there the first day until people "discover" it.  Lots of tables also, when lido buffet area is very crowded.  Short cruises are usually more of a party atmosphere than longer ones, as people try to stuff as much drinking in as they can - lol. 

9 hours ago, Frank12 said:

Yes on the couch and that is the best balcony cabin we have ever stayed in! Very roomy and the balcony is huge!  I remember when they used to be just a little more than a standard balcony cabin. They have gotten really expensive now though.

@Frank12 I love a good balcony. We were over-the-moon with a once in a lifetime Deluxe Owner Suite on the NCL Encore for Alaska - we booked that room for that wraparound front balcony WITH side balcony just to see the glaciers (and northern lights...yeah...can you say AMEN)!!!

Maybe it was the last-minute booking, but we really got a deal on this room. There was a suite available for 1K more but again, no real reason to spend another 1K when with the Faster-to-the-Fun package, we can pretty much have everything we need without too much fuss plus a much better balcony. 

Thanks for confirming the couch too - I've been of CC since our last cruise as there was just so much negativity in the Boards. @Riemercruisin @Homosassa @pe4all and yourself have renewed my faith in kind cruisers. 

Warmest, Amy

• Like 1