Effects of Red Sea troubles

Jamesv281117

There's just not enough time to get from Singapore to Athens for the start of the Med season.  3 cruises will have to be cancelled.  It's just a matter of which 3 they choose.  I'm guessing they will cancel the 3 from Australia to Athens and keep the Med Season in tact.  There are a lot of people who book all 3 sailings from Oz to Athens, so just cancelling 1 is still going to disrupt a large number of passengers.  They might as well cancel all 3 and start the Med on time.  That's my 2c

• Like 3

At this point I hope they cancel the 3 legs. It’s no longer the holiday we have so looked forward to for the past 12 months. So annoyed we can’t make other plans yet. 
if they go south and across from Perth it’s probably quicker and they could make the med season. 

12 minutes ago, Splatt2010 said:

Looks like they are in process of cancellation. All 3 legs now showing as ‘cruise not available’ if you try to book. Not a surprise really. Wonder what they will offer us. 

Well spotted, just not showing at all my end

2 minutes ago, Jamesv281117 said:

Well spotted, just not showing at all my end

Now gone for me too. It was inevitable & the only decision they could make. At least we can work on alternative plans now. 

33 minutes ago, Splatt2010 said:

Looks like they are in process of cancellation. All 3 legs now showing as ‘cruise not available’ if you try to book. Not a surprise really. Wonder what they will offer us. 

Can confirm the same. May 9th Starry Nights appears to be still intact.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, dgmaso1 said:

Oct-Nov '24 Europe - Australia itineraries also not bookable, nor are any Australia cruises showing up for the next season

Wow. I wonder if they would send Resilient to the Caribbean next fall...

Edited by onechaiguy
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, onechaiguy said:

Wow. I wonder if they would send Resilient to the Caribbean next fall...

Does anyone know what the relative success of Aus/NZ has been? Wonder if this mess could tempt them to keep a ship in the US or Europe where there'll always be demand.

4 minutes ago, Jamesv281117 said:

Doesn't say yet how the nee voyages will be split but I imagine it would have to be Sydney to Cape Town, Cape Town to Casablanca and Casablanca to Athens.

I hope it is even split into legs! Some of the info makes it sound like a 'once in a lifetime' voyage from Sydney to Greece via Africa. No extra charge for those who can make the journey. I really hope I can get on in South Africa.

2 minutes ago, DAP2 said:

I hope it is even split into legs! Some of the info makes it sound like a 'once in a lifetime' voyage from Sydney to Greece via Africa. No extra charge for those who can make the journey. I really hope I can get on in South Africa.

It's confirmed now on the same link..

• Like 2

I was originally only booked on the Dubai to Athens leg. So, having read the email, I'm curious whether I can choose the last two legs or have to choose only one of the legs. I still need to get to Athens, but the second leg won't do that. I definitely don't want only a 5-night sailing. 

1 minute ago, DAP2 said:

I was originally only booked on the Dubai to Athens leg. So, having read the email, I'm curious whether I can choose the last two legs or have to choose only one of the legs. I still need to get to Athens, but the second leg won't do that. I definitely don't want only a 5-night sailing. 

It's a really good question tbf! 

Bit annoyed I can only rebook on the 3 new legs not any future sailing. I was originally on a cancelled BL where I could choose any voyage & get $600,  feels like I'm being short changed for being cancelled again! There are a tonne of sea days on the new trips and not sure I'm feeling it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Splatt2010 said:

Bit annoyed I can only rebook on the 3 new legs not any future sailing. I was originally on a cancelled BL where I could choose any voyage & get $600,  feels like I'm being short changed for being cancelled again! There are a tonne of sea days on the new trips and not sure I'm feeling it.

You're definitely right I was cancelled off of brilliant lady and was very generous. Would be good to have seen a detailed breakdown of the itinerary with timings etc as well but goes live for booking on the 10th.

9 minutes ago, Jamesv281117 said:

I don't think so just a rebooking or refund 

Wow, that's not ideal. Quite surprised by VV. What about incurred expenses? 

Edited by Mark_UK

This offer sucks. I can either find my way to cape town for a 17 day cruise where the dates really don't work or, it seems, pay the same amount for a 5 day cruise. The only other option is to get all my money back and lose any of the perks we got with this one for booking early.