Most Overpriced RCL Add On

Are those casitas priced per day or per length of voyage? (reminds me of $10 bananas on Arrested Development)

I would pay $300 for length of voyage if I had an inside cabin. I would never pay $300/day. I can see the value in having a reserved space and being able to come and go, plush the padded chairs are a big plus.

1 hour ago, Jasukkie said:

Are those casitas priced per day or per length of voyage? (reminds me of $10 bananas on Arrested Development)

I would pay $300 for length of voyage if I had an inside cabin. I would never pay $300/day. I can see the value in having a reserved space and being able to come and go, plush the padded chairs are a big plus.

It's per day

Also here's $5 go see a Star War... 🤣

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, fletch1027 said:

It's per day

Also here's $5 go see a Star War... 🤣

I resemble that remark. Brutally honest as it hits the mark.

We are not going to the theatre for 1977 prices.

Next time, do not sugarcoat it.

🤣

• Haha 1

On 1/21/2024 at 7:11 AM, h20skibum said:

When we were at the Beach Club a couple weeks ago, only two fools had booked those $4,000 cabanas.  The rest sat empty. 

I guess Royal figures it is easier to find two willing to pay $4,000 than it is to find ten willing to pay $800.

" Fools " to you but maybe a special occasion for the folks involved, we all travel for different reasons!

On 1/20/2024 at 2:11 PM, h20skibum said:

When we were at the Beach Club a couple weeks ago, only two fools had booked those $4,000 cabanas...

I thought our upcoming cruise on the Icon would have the same thing, but I checked this morning and saw this. No, we didn't purchase the last one!

See you at sea.

Screen Shot 2024-01-22 at 11.10.44 AM.png

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, BallFour4 said:

I thought our upcoming cruise on the Icon would have the same thing, but I checked this morning and saw this. No, we didn't purchase the last one!

See you at sea.

Looks like the high price winner so far.  

Don’t know if Beach Club is capacity controlled, but it said sold out if someone was looking to book onboard.  Yet all but two of those OWB’s were open, as were many of the loungers and most all of the beach cabanas.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Don’t know if Beach Club is capacity controlled, but it said sold out if someone was looking to book onboard.  Yet all but two of those OWB’s were open, as were many of the loungers and most all of the beach cabanas.

We booked a Chill Island Cabana. Yep, it's not a bargain, but after Chemopalooza 2023 The Icon is how my wife and I are going to celebrate. Just not $4400 worth!

Edited by BallFour4
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Beach Club is capacity controlled 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BallFour4 said:

See you at sea.

I would think you could rent a nice beach house for a week for that price.

On 1/20/2024 at 3:01 PM, blueslily said:

Do you know if these are new cruisers or not? I wonder if they are new cruisers and just don't know any better ? Meaning they don't know how much of a ripoff that is. Just wondering.

But, as you said, folks have the right to spend money as they wish. I just wish their spending did not impact how much I have to spend the next time I want to book a cruise. I say "want to book" because at the current prices, I am not booking. Man. 

I stopped booking too. Nothing booked, would usually have two .

• Like 1