My view of NCL cruises

Sorry about the typing!  For those who asked…

I am Sapphire on NCL (25 cruises, 16 different ships)

The cold food was every breakfast.

My brother in laws plan for the next cruise is to go to Taste or Savor  so he can  hopefully enjoy  a hot breakfast. 

We got off the Bliss on March 15,2020 when the world was shutting down for Covid. Since cruising resumed we have done eight cruises on NCL. As previously stated I tried Prima twice and didn’t like the ship. I have no interest in Viva.

My observation is NCL keeps cutting back in areas that I notice. The cleaning of the cabin once a day is fine in cold weather but  when your in hot weather, returning from the beach in the afternoon or the pool and having those sandy towels taking up space in the bathroom till the next day is not good. I feel  bad for the cabin steward.

We used to enjoy Le Bistro  but the menu changed  and none of us will eat there again. I have never liked La Cuccina on any NCL ship and the meat at Moderno was not good this last trip. I don’t eat Seafood so hopefully Cagneys will still be good on the next cruise.

The biggest changes in my opinion have been in the last eight months. Less cleaning, less professional entertainment, and long lines for anytime dining. Quality of food is on the decline. I also miss the hash browns.

Yes we got to Bermuda. It docked two hours later then planned because the seas were so rough they slowed the ship down.  I was grateful for that but we  also didnt have any plans for Bermuda. 

• Like 1

On 1/21/2024 at 11:09 AM, schmoopie17 said:

And this is why we will never order room service on a ship.

If it's cold getting to your table in a dining room, imagine the temperature if it is wheeled down the hall...up or down an elevator...then wheeled down another hall...before it finally gets to your cabin.

You aren't wrong here.

And yet good hotels manage to get you warm food.  Yes, not all hotels, in fact most don't, but good ones do. If NCL wanted to get you warm room service meals, it could be done.  They chose not to.  

On 1/20/2024 at 5:43 PM, KeithJenner said:

I think (although I couldn't see it in the mass of words when just checking now) that they said they were platinum on NCL, so I think that they have other NCL experience.

Although I could be wrong. It wasn't the easiest read.

Agree! On a long post like that paragraphs are your friend if you want people to actually read it! I gave up mid post

• Like 1

Glad you made Bermuda.  If we get luke warm food we just ask the waiter to reheat it.  Takes about 5-10 minutes and comes back just right.  That's why we do all our meals in the MDR except maybe one breakfast in the buffet just for a change and the specialty dinners.

• Like 1