Queens Grill & Princess Grill dining

Tinyburst

Hello,

First time Cunard cruisers. 
My wife and I are booked into a Queens Grill Suite. Our daughter and son-in-law are booked into a Princess Grill Suite on the same sailing (Queen Anne June 7th sailing). Will we be able to dine with our family in the Princess Grill?

3 hours ago, Tinyburst said:

Hello,

First time Cunard cruisers. 
My wife and I are booked into a Queens Grill Suite. Our daughter and son-in-law are booked into a Princess Grill Suite on the same sailing (Queen Anne June 7th sailing). Will we be able to dine with our family in the Princess Grill?

it would depend on whether Princess is full or not and there is availability. It might be only available as an occasional thing not a constant dining situation. The courtyard is open to both classes though and a compromise could be lunch on the courtyard?

3 hours ago, roscoe39 said:

it would depend on whether Princess is full or not and there is availability. It might be only available as an occasional thing not a constant dining situation. The courtyard is open to both classes though and a compromise could be lunch on the courtyard?

I don’t think QA has a courtyard, unfortunately.

Is there any chance you can amend the booking to one grade for all? You will definitely not all be given the option to dine in QG together, so hope you get what you want.

By the way, when you booked (presumably together) were the dining protocols explained? 
Hope you enjoy QA, even if you have to dine together in the alternative restaurants.

I don’t know where you are all from but U K bookings can only be moved to cruises of a equal or greater value, you can upgrade but not down grade so you unfortunately without loosing your deposit and rebooking you could not down grade to Princess but your daughter could upgrade to QG. I don’t think as other posters have said you could not all regularly eat in Princess Grill. 

Remember, if you rebook an existing booking, all other bookings are canceled too: shore excursions, alt dining, etc and you’ll have to rebook them again. 

• Like 1

Thank you for your responses. 
My daughter booked after us and there was no Queens Grill availability. We chose the Queens grill cabin because of the extra space and it’s location. 

13 minutes ago, Tinyburst said:

Thank you for your responses. 
My daughter booked after us and there was no Queens Grill availability. We chose the Queens grill cabin because of the extra space and it’s location. 

Have you called Cunard and explained your problem?

Perhaps they would waitlist you in case a QG cabin is cancelled before you sail.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have been told we are No6 on the waitlist for a QA sailing later this year. Booked in a P1, and hoping for Q6-Q3, (preferably a 3 or 4). 
With fewer full  suites, has anyone been lucky from a waitlist recently?

7 minutes ago, LadyL1 said:

I have been told we are No6 on the waitlist for a QA sailing later this year. Booked in a P1, and hoping for Q6-Q3, (preferably a 3 or 4). 

I think your chances will greatly increase if you keep ringing and reminding them in the nicest possible way. Also, keep a constant eye on the website. I have read here of people who found and booked cabins that suddenly became vacant without any communication or involvement from the waitlist managers. This shouldn’t happen, but it is Cunard shoreside, so is pretty predictable.

24 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

I think your chances will greatly increase if you keep ringing and reminding them in the nicest possible way. Also, keep a constant eye on the website. I have read here of people who found and booked cabins that suddenly became vacant without any communication or involvement from the waitlist managers. This shouldn’t happen, but it is Cunard shoreside, so is pretty predictable.

That was us.

I asked about a certain cabin on a cruise whilst onboard and was told it had quite a list of 'wait'ers' so not worth joining the wait list.

I looked a few times a day as full payment neared and there it was. Wait listers or not, I rang our agent and booked it there and then, so no, I don't believe in the wait lists!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LadyL1 said:

Prices change frequently too so I reemphasize all that was said above and not be passive and wait but be active and check often. You maybe able to cancel/rebook before the final payment deadline. I did exactly that recently and saved $800 within PG and got a suite I really wanted that was not available during my first booking. Just remember what I posted above - everything else gets canceled and needs to be rebooked. 

1 hour ago, NE John said:

You maybe able to cancel/rebook before the final payment deadline.

Bear in mind that the rules about cancelling/rebooking are not the same in all countries. In the UK, for example, you cannot cancel without loosing your deposit.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, david63 said:

Bear in mind that the rules about cancelling/rebooking are not the same in all countries. In the UK, for example, you cannot cancel without loosing your deposit.

True but we can transfer a booking to another cruise of the same value or greater, without losing your deposit.

• Like 1

Currently no 1 on a waitlist but don’t hold out much hope. Must admit I haven’t checked lately. Will renew efforts nearer to final payment date. Have been offered something before from wait list but didn’t take it as I had booked something else. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, seasickphil said:

True but we can transfer a booking to another cruise of the same value or greater, without losing your deposit.

Yes - but only once and it is not the same as getting your deposit back and not going on a cruise at all.