Changing staterooms after price increases

I originally booked a standard balcony then switched to a suite guarantee while prices were stable.  Now I am nervous about the guarantee and want to pick my own JR suite.  Ship wide prices have increased a lot since I originally booked.  I know this is hopeful thinking, but if I change rooms, do I get it at the rate it would have been when I booked?

1 minute ago, gosaints2006 said:

I originally booked a standard balcony then switched to a suite guarantee while prices were stable.  Now I am nervous about the guarantee and want to pick my own JR suite.  Ship wide prices have increased a lot since I originally booked.  I know this is hopeful thinking, but if I change rooms, do I get it at the rate it would have been when I booked?

No - current rate!

2 hours ago, gosaints2006 said:

Might win the award for the most 'HOPEFUL' comment I have read on these boards 

Cheers

1 hour ago, TheDawg79 said:

I don’t know of any industry that will give you a past price that no longer exists if you change your mind down the road. 

Actually Royal does for 3rd and 4th guests.  Rates for guests 3 above are locked in at the time of booking and can be added later at the rate that was in effect the day you booked the cruise

1 hour ago, TheDawg79 said:

I don’t know of any industry that will give you a past price that no longer exists if you change your mind down the road. 

Once upon a time Disney Cruise Line would honor the price a category was at booking, but that stopped I think even before COVID.

2 hours ago, gosaints2006 said:

I originally booked a standard balcony then switched to a suite guarantee while prices were stable.  Now I am nervous about the guarantee and want to pick my own JR suite.  

Which ship? It might put your mind at ease if you looked at the JS options available. We booked 4 JS on Radiance and there are not very many on that ship so really any of them would have been fine (except that we needed connecting so I wouldn't have done guarantee). I think a balcony guarantee would be riskier in terms of location since more undesirable ones seem to pop up.