Viva dress code

7 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Shorts are allowed in all restaurants for all meals except Le Bistro. Le Bistro kindly requests that gents wear long pants (jeans or dockers are ok). 

Sweat pants are ok too.  I think PJ pants  would work as well, but I've yet to try that.

Edited by ChiefMateJRK
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Sweat pants are ok too.  I think PJ pants  would work as well, but I've yet to try that.

And isn't that kind of silly?  My "dressy" clothes are actually much less expensive than my high end hiking duds from North Face, Patagoinia, etc.  Who are we supposed to be impressing and why?

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

And isn't that kind of silly?  My "dressy" clothes are actually much less expensive than my high end hiking duds from North Face, Patagoinia, etc.  Who are we supposed to be impressing and why?

Yeah.  That's just it.  My very nice 100% cotton sweats from Lands' End are much nicer than those 100% polyester (yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!) slacks that the snobs put on when they're "stepping out."  🤣

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I think PJ pants  would work as well, but I've yet to try that.

If you spill in your lap while eating a peanut butter and jelly, you'd have PBJ pants.

I suppose the same principle applies to BLT pants.

• Haha 3

hey, cambridge1.. read my lips..... "there ain't no dress code"!  le bistro requires collared shirts, some mdr's require long pants, but any collared shirts or long pants will fit the requirement.

other then that, the sky's the limit, and personally, i would pay extra (call it a tip or a bribe) to see my buddy chief jrk mate pop into a restaurant in his jammies...LOL

• Haha 2

On 1/21/2024 at 9:46 PM, Two Wheels Only said:

If the song isn't in your head already.....

Thanks for posting that.  It was actually in my head.  My head is full of classic songs, (and not much else these days.....).  Beats a head full of W@$K crap.😎

On 1/21/2024 at 9:27 PM, Travelling2Some said:

I once told a Patagonia rep that the word that described Patagonia for me was sexy. Patagonia chic is why I love Alaska cruises.

18 hours ago, SoloAlaska said:

I once told a Patagonia rep that the word that described Patagonia for me was sexy. Patagonia chic is why I love Alaska cruises.

Patagonia gear on a dirtbag....oh yea!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cruiseny4life said:

Patagonia gear on a dirtbag....oh yea!!!

Well I was 19 wearing cute Patagonia halter tops and dresses to go out to the bars at the time (Canadian so 19 is legal). 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SoloAlaska said:

(Canadian so 19 is legal). 

True story.  When I turned 19 I was legal to buy alcohol.  Several months later, my state changed their laws and I was then not legal for another year plus.  I really didn't care because I was fully focused on earning my STEM degree, and the booze could (and did) wait.  Now?  Yes, I will have a cocktail now and then. 🍻

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

True story.  When I turned 19 I was legal to buy alcohol.  Several months later, my state changed their laws and I was then not legal for another year plus.  I really didn't care because I was fully focused on earning my STEM degree, and the booze could (and did) wait.  Now?  Yes, I will have a cocktail now and then. 🍻

Ya I went out occasionally but wasn’t a drinker. Well till after my divorce then I started enjoying a cocktail especially on vacation.

• 5 weeks later...