Transportation options for Brisbane Port to airport

Will be on a Princess cruise ending in Brisbane and wish to get to the airport.  Transfers from Princess are CDN $91.00 per person one way (Approx $102 Australian).  Seems excessive. Has anyone found a cheaper option. Maybe a cab or a rideshare.  No access to internet or cell when we arrive in Brisbane.  It appears airport is 35 to 40 minutes away.     

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pink845 said:

Will be on a Princess cruise ending in Brisbane and wish to get to the airport.  Transfers from Princess are CDN $91.00 per person one way (Approx $102 Australian).  Seems excessive. Has anyone found a cheaper option. Maybe a cab or a rideshare.  No access to internet or cell when we arrive in Brisbane.  It appears airport is 35 to 40 minutes away.     

we took the princess transfers when we sailed out of brisbane (we're from Melbourne) on the first princess ship to leave after covid. it was $40 pp then (June 2021). there were a number of taxis out the front but at the time it was very unco-ordinated. I daresay it will have improved by now.

I just checked Rome2Rio for taxi price and it says :

The fastest way to get from Port of Brisbane to Brisbane Airport (BNE) is to taxi. Taking this option will cost $55 - $70 and takes 16 min.

So as long as your flight isnt too early then that would seem the best thing to do.

2 hours ago, pink845 said:

That is exceedingly expensive. Somebody has stuffed-up.

Later than above, in February 2023, Majestic Princess charged us $AU40pp from Brisbane cruise terminal to the airport. This was booked and paid for onboard.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pink845 said:

Will be on a Princess cruise ending in Brisbane and wish to get to the airport.

A taxi from the cruise terminal to either the domestic or international airport terminals will cost about $A40 plus or minus $A2. I live about the same distance from the cruise terminal as is the airport and it costs me about $38.

There are usually plenty of taxis waiting outside at the taxi stand. I've caught them to go home from there probably six or seven times in the past year and never had to wait more than 2 or 3 minutes. Mostly it's just walk up and jump in.

4 hours ago, pink845 said:

It appears airport is 35 to 40 minutes away.

Technically it's a few hundred meters away, it's just that it's on the wrong side of the runway from the airport terminals and you have to go the long way around. But usually about 20 minutes will get you there.

If they built a tunnel under the runway, you could probably walk there in 15 minutes.🤑

Edited by SinbadThePorter
  • Like 1

That price is ridiculously high. More than $A100!    Have you checked that it is not the price for a transfer plus a tour around Brisbane?   They usually do both a straight transfer and a transfer plus a tour.

I opted for the bus transfer to the airport with Princess last year. I can't remember what i paid, but I do remember that the bus for one person was a similar price to the approx. taxi fare. 

2 hours ago, cruiser3775 said:

That price is ridiculously high. More than $A100!    Have you checked that it is not the price for a transfer plus a tour around Brisbane?   They usually do both a straight transfer and a transfer plus a tour.

I opted for the bus transfer to the airport with Princess last year. I can't remember what i paid, but I do remember that the bus for one person was a similar price to the approx. taxi fare. 

Even a Princess 4hr Brisbane City debark tour to the airport is only $AU70pp

Screenshot_20240123_145912_Princess.thumb.jpg.29c1561ef71683730e238b5da1941771.jpg

Screenshot_20240123_150104_Princess.thumb.jpg.78d77bd5b9f186082a64ecba65c8447b.jpg

Edited by arxcards