BCN Airport to the area of Placa de Catalunya

Will be staying in a hotel prior to our cruise right by the Placa de Catalunya.  I don't want to take a subway, so I am assuming my best bet would be a taxi correct?  If so, around how much would that cost and can I charge it to a credit card or do I have to have Euros?

Likewise, I'm assuming the best way to get from that area to the cruise port (Princess cruise) is taxi?  If so, again, how much and how should I pay?

Thank you.

We took the Aerobus from the airport to our hotel near Placa Catalunya. About 7E and took about 30 minutes.  It only makes 4 or 5 stops, so very easy.  IIRC there was a bus leaving every 10 minutes or less.

A taxi will be close to 30 minutes and will cost about 35E

We paid 15E for the ride to the ship from our hotel.

p.s.  card are accepted, but have cash just in case the cc machine isn't working.

Edited by mapleleaves

6 hours ago, MudderBear said:

Will be staying in a hotel prior to our cruise right by the Placa de Catalunya. 

Another vote for the airport bus.  Terminus is Plaça de Catalunya.  Google for info on airport stop  location, fares, timetables, stops etc.

Edited by edinburgher

6 hours ago, MudderBear said:

Will be staying in a hotel prior to our cruise right by the Placa de Catalunya.  I don't want to take a subway, so I am assuming my best bet would be a taxi correct?  If so, around how much would that cost and can I charge it to a credit card or do I have to have Euros?

Likewise, I'm assuming the best way to get from that area to the cruise port (Princess cruise) is taxi?  If so, again, how much and how should I pay?

Thank you.

Hi, 

I think you have missed this thread

I bet all these informations will be useful for you.

BTW,

- about 30 euro a taxi from Plaza Cataluña

- fastest way (even faster than a taxi) is a "Rodalies" train (commuter/suburban. It is not underground) from Ps de Gracia (just in front of Casa Batllo) to the airport.

But have a look to that information, please