Is there ANYWHERE quiet on Coco Cay??

2 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

It doesn't look very big, and its location means that only people who've looked at the map and made a conscious choice will be out that far. 

I'd love to hear a report after you've visited.  What's the water like?  How big is the area really?  That kind of thing.  

It's not a very big area, but felt plenty spacious with just 6 of us total over there.  Maybe 30 lounge chairs and umbrellas?  I looked to see if I had any pictures of the whole set-up over there but I don't. The water was wonderful!  We saw several stingrays and small sharks. I'll post the few pictures I do have in a minute.  Our day was overcast and drizzly off and on (but still warm) so that may have contributed to how few people were over there.  It is a bit of a walk from the ship initially so that helps.  There are trails through the wooded area there that make it a shorter walk to the bathrooms, etc.  

1 hour ago, JeffT237 said:

You may be correct, I've never been to that beach but I remember seeing this video. It's a couple of years old so maybe it's changed but at the 1:52 mark it shows a sign posted "Crew Area". Maybe this is a different beach, but the location seems to be the same.

I can't tell if this is the same beach or not.  sort of looks like it but the way it's edited before, I can't tell where they walked from to reach it.  Cove seemed more isolated. 

41 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

Cove beach at one time was crew only. Not sure if it is right now or not. 

can't speak to the past but in May it was definitely not.  

• Like 1

Darn, seeing those photos makes me wish we’d made it over to Cove Beach when we were on CocoCay last week! I saw it on the map but we never made it there. 

• Like 1

We will be a party of four (all over 60) on FOS in September-haven't been to Coco Cay since before pandemic. It looks so different/developed! Are there any areas that are fee free where we can just enjoy sun, sand and surf? Will we need to rent chairs, towels umbrellas? TIA.

1 minute ago, momneedsrest said:

We will be a party of four (all over 60) on FOS in September-haven't been to Coco Cay since before pandemic. It looks so different/developed! Are there any areas that are fee free where we can just enjoy sun, sand and surf? Will we need to rent chairs, towels umbrellas? TIA.

No fees for most lounge chairs w/ umbrellas, you can bring/exchange towels from the ship (they use the same towels), most food is included. Drink & internet packages work there as well if you have one of those.

There is no need to pay extra on CocoCay unless you want to get in to the exclusive areas (Coco Beach Club, Thrill Waterpark, or Hideaway Beach), or rent a daybed or cabana.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, GimmeOcean said:

No fees for most lounge chairs w/ umbrellas, you can bring/exchange towels from the ship (they use the same towels), most food is included. Drink & internet packages work there as well if you have one of those.

There is no need to pay extra on CocoCay unless you want to get in to the exclusive areas (Coco Beach Club, Thrill Waterpark, or Hideaway Beach), or rent a daybed or cabana.

Thank youi so much!