Is there ANYWHERE quiet on Coco Cay??

The woman who owns the travel agency I use is on the media cruise right now and did a FB live from Hideaway. I'm still not sold...I prefer a more serene adult beach than the uber party it feels like that's going to be.

Additionally, there was some person in a plane buzzing the island - I think she said a Red Bull Plane or something...seemed to be planned - and it was ANNOYING. Does that happen all the time, or is that just for this media cruise and for the inaugural?

I'm beginning to think as much as I love a nice beach day, since I prefer it more serene I might be better off giving up the beach and just having a quiet ship. I'll be there on Anthem and I believe Liberty will be in port too. Is there ANYWHERE that is quiet short of paying a small fortune for a cabana?

I wish they'd realize that not everyone wants a 24/7 party.

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart
  • Like 2

We were just on the Harmony and felt the ship overall was just too loud. It seemed much louder than our last Royal cruise, which also was on Harmony (pre-pandemic). If Royal has decided to amp up, I’m not sure how well your “quiet ship” plan might go.  (Beyond overly loud music all over, people wouldn’t stop talking even in supposedly relaxing spaces like the Thermal Suite.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were on CoCo Cay for the first time last March and enjoyed the Beach Club. It was definately quieter than the other areas we saw, but there is an up-charge for it.  It was not full and there were very few kids there, and no loud music playing. We really enjoyed the Beach Club for what we paid.  I've seen recently the pricing has really gone up from what we paid so at current pricing it may be higher than what a lot of passengers are willing to pay.  Also we were on the Wonder and one of the Odyssey class ships was there as well, so the island was busy.  I'm pretty sure the Red Bull plane was a planned event and not a regular occurrence. With the number of people on the island staying onboard may be a better choice if you're looking for a quiet day, but ship days can be loud too.  Enjoy!

Edited by JeffT237
  • Thanks 1

Last month, South Beach had music playing, a bit too loud if you got near a speaker, but otherwise okay. I would go back there; we enjoyed watching volleyball and basketball, food and drink were handy. 

• Thanks 1

Chill Island is somewhat quiet unless someone brings their Bluetooth speaker.  Cabanas have the same problem and I'm not paying $1,000+.  The new adult beach will have a DJ.

And obviously, if someone is flying a banner no one is safe from noise.

• Thanks 1

Agree that one option is South Beach .... facing the water, walk way to the left. Pretty quiet there and helps if you get there early or stay late (people tend to get back on the ship early).  

This is a photo probably an hour before we were supposed to be back on the ship...

30116530164440.thumb.jpeg.64f4719975fcb4c67d0a19899b8e03cc.jpeg

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

The woman who owns the travel agency I use is on the media cruise right now and did a FB live from Hideaway. I'm still not sold...I prefer a more serene adult beach than the uber party it feels like that's going to be.

Additionally, there was some person in a plane buzzing the island - I think she said a Red Bull Plane or something...seemed to be planned - and it was ANNOYING. Does that happen all the time, or is that just for this media cruise and for the inaugural?

I'm beginning to think as much as I love a nice beach day, since I prefer it more serene I might be better off giving up the beach and just having a quiet ship. I'll be there on Anthem and I believe Liberty will be in port too. Is there ANYWHERE that is quiet short of paying a small fortune for a cabana?

I wish they'd realize that not everyone wants a 24/7 party.

My last visit there was April on Harmony. 9:30 ish took tram to South Beach. Plenty of front row loungers with umbrella. Nice sunny day. Water clear and calm. Lunch was nearby and no big lines. I went back to the ship about 1:30 as it got crowded. Back onboard the ship was pretty quiet. Solarium was empty. Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, GimmeOcean said:

Go to the Chill Island beach, it’s not very loud there. The South Beach is probably even better.

I was going to suggest the same two areas.  Your friend at Hideaway Beach was probably in the loudest part of the island ... and the pool is also too loud for my taste.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I recommend chill island.  I have found several quite spots to relax and read in this area.

Pool is always loud, South Beach can be a hit or miss with noise, IMO.

I have never hung out at the other section I think it's called breezy bay so I cannot say if quite.

I also like chill island as it is close to island market, restrooms, snorkeling and easy walk to the snack shack for lunch...funnel cakes, yummy!

Or there is the Beach Club but is way over priced on most sailings.   I purchased for $90 or $95 on black friday sale for my Anthem sailing in March.

The red bull plane is not anything I ever saw while on the island. 

Hop on the tram, explore and enjoy.  

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was just watching a YouTube video made a few days ago of Hideaway.  Unfortunately, this place just doesn't look like something that appeals to us (beach club with loud techno music ).  It resembles an AI pool and beach area which really isn't our thing for a port stop but could appeal to others.  We have done day passes but usually they are for snorkeling reasons plus the beach and pool.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sandym718 said:

Cove Beach!  My family and one other couple were the only ones there on a day in late May.  We were the only ship there, but it was Oasis.  Beautiful and peaceful! 

Cove beach?  I'll have to look this one up.  We like unpopulated areas.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I also like chill island as it is close to island market, restrooms, snorkeling and easy walk to the snack shack for lunch...funnel cakes, yummy!

Yes, I like Chill Island for its proximity to restrooms and food ... and I'll add this:  it's close to a shady area full of double hammocks.  It's a little more crowded than some of the farther-away beaches though.

10 hours ago, sandym718 said:

Cove Beach!  My family and one other couple were the only ones there on a day in late May.  We were the only ship there, but it was Oasis.  Beautiful and peaceful! 

I didn't know about this, but I looked it up.  I think it's new!  Looks like the perfect spot for someone who wants to "get away from it all", though "the cost" is being far from restrooms and food.  I'm going to kick this around in my mind.  Here's the link where I found it -- look at the upper right of second picture.  

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/perfect-day-at-cococay-wayfinding-map.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

I didn't know about this, but I looked it up.  I think it's new!  Looks like the perfect spot for someone who wants to "get away from it all", though "the cost" is being far from restrooms and food.  I'm going to kick this around in my mind.  Here's the link where I found it -- look at the upper right of second picture.  

YES! That looks perfect to me!!! I don't mind having to walk a bit further for food or drinks - if anything it'll mean I'm only going when I'm truly hungry and not snacking off and on throughout the day!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

YES! That looks perfect to me!!! I don't mind having to walk a bit further for food or drinks - if anything it'll mean I'm only going when I'm truly hungry and not snacking off and on throughout the day!

It doesn't look very big, and its location means that only people who've looked at the map and made a conscious choice will be out that far. 

I'd love to hear a report after you've visited.  What's the water like?  How big is the area really?  That kind of thing.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mum2Mercury said:

It doesn't look very big, and its location means that only people who've looked at the map and made a conscious choice will be out that far. 

I'd love to hear a report after you've visited.  What's the water like?  How big is the area really?  That kind of thing.  

Sure!!

After looking at the map, I know where it's at.  We have walked down there a few times on South beach.  I always see the crew there.  I remember snorkeling there 1x from a 2019 video (about the same as the "snorkeling" beach) in 2022.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JeffT237 said:

I thought Cove Beach was the beach for the crew, is it public as well? 

I wold think if it were crew, it would not be marked on the map that the public sees. I'd also think they'd have it more secluded from the guests and not right up against a guest area.

You may be correct, I've never been to that beach but I remember seeing this video. It's a couple of years old so maybe it's changed but at the 1:52 mark it shows a sign posted "Crew Area". Maybe this is a different beach, but the location seems to be the same.

Coco Cay used to have the perfect island.  The “backside of the island used to be beautiful and peaceful.  Now they have turned the whole island into Disney of the Caribbean.   I don’t even get off of the ship when it goes to Coco Cay.  

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Cruiser 5452 said:

Coco Cay used to have the perfect island.  The “backside of the island used to be beautiful and peaceful.  Now they have turned the whole island into Disney of the Caribbean.   I don’t even get off of the ship when it goes to Coco Cay.  

Maybe in terms of a theme park, but Disney's private island - Castaway Cay - is beautiful and, at least the adult area is so calm and serene. That's why I was initially excited when I saw Royal was doing an adult only area - and then so bummed when it was clear it was all about the party and NOT quiet.

24 minutes ago, JeffT237 said:

You may be correct, I've never been to that beach but I remember seeing this video. It's a couple of years old so maybe it's changed but at the 1:52 mark it shows a sign posted "Crew Area". Maybe this is a different beach, but the location seems to be the same.

Yuck. I feel for the crew not having an isolated area where they can relax. With that being right next to public areas, they really can't be "off show" while they're there since they're - at least from the map - in very easy eye-shot of guests.

• Like 1