NCL latest way to stop you from upgrading.

1 hour ago, detroitlions said:

Nope $50 more than I paid I was going to pay the difference. Nothing new

So, are you stating that the Free @ Sea bundle that you originally booked is EXACTLY the same offer that is being marketed today? It has to be the exact same offer, regardless of what you accepted (for example, you could have delcined bogo airfare, but if bogo airfare isn't offered now it isn't the same offer...you can't simply compare the price alone).

2 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

If I’m reading this right, OP booked.  It’s past final payment.   NCL sent the “bid for upgrade” email.  OP wants the upgrade for the minimum $50 bid.  But, as the site explains, it’s only a bid.  That bid probably won’t get the cabin s/he wants.  

S/he called NCL requesting the cabin for the minimum upgrade bid amount.  Of course, that can’t be done because that’s only a bid, not a. actual fare.  So, NCL quotes the upgraded fare, which has nothing to do with the minimum bid.

$50 is the price difference when doing a mock booking, based on the original information.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, KSSS2013 said:

I know they've done it in the past but since you're past final payment they are not required to. It's possible they decided to maximize their upgrade revenue.

Also you didn't have airfare correct? That's a whole different issue.

You want an upgrade for the minimum $50 bid amount shown on the slider.  That means nothing except you  BID.  You may get it, but probably won’t.  And, they usually don’t tell you if you won a bid until right before sailing.  

They are giving you the fare to upgrade without bidding.  Two different things!  

12 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Yes, many of us have done that. But if I'm reading all of this correctly, the OP has been told it will cost $800 to upgrade, not $50. And $800 just happens to be the high bid on the "Upgrade Advantage" option. So it's possible NCL has changed their "courtesy adjustment" policy.

What you are saying certainly is plausible.  But damn, I do hope you are wrong.  

When you think about it, I suppose when I changed from balcony to club balcony, I eliminated someone from doing an upgrade to club balcony.  Of course, I opened up a balcony for upgrading, but that would likely result in less revenue.

Edited by PATRLR
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Where did the upgrade slider issue come from?

Coincidence? Just a comment that the upgrade price just happened to be the same amount as the quote to just upgrade outright. Or maybe that's the plan now, to keep people from circumventing the bidding process.

5 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

You want an upgrade for the minimum $50 bid amount shown on the slider.  That means nothing except you  BID.  You may get it, but probably won’t.  And, they usually don’t tell you if you won a bid until right before sailing.  

They are giving you the fare to upgrade without bidding.  Two different things!  

From what I understood from the OP it was $50 more that his current rate when he did a mock booking, not the minimum upgrade price.

But yes, if he was looking to upgrade for the minimum bid price that's a totally different thing and wouldn't happen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zqvol said:

We still don’t know where OP got $50. Was it from a mock booking or was it from the bid slider? Big difference

read the first line of the original post 

• Like 2

Yes, I had that experience, only the difference they quoted was £3000 more. Insisted the system they were looking at was the same as the public facing system and there couldn't be any difference. Since I am capable of reading numbers it was obvious that was a lie. I ended up cancelling and rebooking everything, and getting the lower price. All they did was annoy me.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I can’t make head nor tails of this.  My fault!  

It's not just you.  If the OP would share the ship and sailing date, we could check CruisePlum to see what is really going on with pricing.  I doubt that is going to happen.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

It's not just you.  If the OP would share the ship and sailing date, we could check CruisePlum to see what is really going on with pricing.  I doubt that is going to happen.

Yeah…if we had the ship and date of sailing, we could probably get this sorted out!

46 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Except we don't know what he paid for the cabin he currently has.  That is equally important in this equation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, julig22 said:

Yes, many of us have done that. But if I'm reading all of this correctly, the OP has been told it will cost $800 to upgrade, not $50. And $800 just happens to be the high bid on the "Upgrade Advantage" option. So it's possible NCL has changed their "courtesy adjustment" policy.

Yep, I have done it in the past paying the difference in base cruise fare from inside to balcony. An immediate upgrade without having to bid and then waiting and waiting to find out: accepted or rejected. NCL must have changed the policy.

I once went from a Studio to a balcony on the Epic for the $30 difference and another time on the Breakaway from an inside to a balcony for $200. Both times my TA handled it for me.

Just now, detroitlions said:

OK I did not want to leave you all hanging. 

answering a few of your questions.

I did not have air or anything different than the currant deals.

image.png.13839c8308b106ba73898d9991294d80.png

I am on the Joy March 16 to the 23rd

13 minutes ago, detroitlions said:

All of it is listed below

If you originally booked in Sept/Oct 2023, $800 would be the correct upgrade price according to CruisePlum.

$879 balcony then, $1279 club balcony a day or two ago.

Edited by ChiefMateJRK
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

If you originally booked in Sept/Oct 2023, $800 would be the correct upgrade price according to CruisePlum.

$879 balcony then, $1279 club balcony a day or two ago.

$3449 was the final cost. No mistake platinum on 2 lines inc NCL one of them. They were waiting for my credit card number