Gratuities on a princess world cruise

Hi. I wonder if some of you more experienced cruises could help me. My friend and I have just booked a world cruise, Auckland to Auckland may 2025. I was just wondering how we pay gratuities. Is it included in our fare because we are sailing out of New Zealand and it’s a world cruise, or do we need to bring cash to give out at the end of the cruise? Just want to do the right thing. 

Welcome to CC. Your gratuities would be included in your fare. What you pay extra, like cash to waiters, cabin stewards etc ,if anything, is up to you.

14 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Welcome to CC. Your gratuities would be included in your fare. What you pay extra, like cash to waiters, cabin stewards etc ,if anything, is up to you.

Actually sorry one more question what currency cash would we use to tip onboard? 

25 minutes ago, Jensue9 said:

Hi. I wonder if some of you more experienced cruises could help me. My friend and I have just booked a world cruise, Auckland to Auckland may 2025. I was just wondering how we pay gratuities. Is it included in our fare because we are sailing out of New Zealand and it’s a world cruise, or do we need to bring cash to give out at the end of the cruise? Just want to do the right thing. 

Welcome from me too.

We are doing the second half of the cruise from England back to Sydney. We also paid all of the required tips in the fare, and every service we get on the ship has a service charge built-in (coffee, cocktails, specialty restaurants). If we find a bar we really like, we might add a tip here or there, but that will be added to our account. We won't be tipping any additional cash. 

Onboard currency is in $AU, so that works for cash tips. The crew are paid their wages in $US, so that works too. Any NZ cash can still be banked for them by crew services on the ship, so that works for them as well.

Catch up with dozens of others doing the cruise, together with links for independent tours and various activities. The roll call is here: 

51 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Enjoy planning for your cruise.

Thank you. It’s very exciting but a little overwhelming. We haven’t cruise since before covid so I’m not sure what changed there might be. 

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

Welcome from me too.

We are doing the second half of the cruise from England back to Sydney. We also paid all of the required tips in the fare, and every service we get on the ship has a service charge built-in (coffee, cocktails, specialty restaurants). If we find a bar we really like, we might add a tip here or there, but that will be added to our account. We won't be tipping any additional cash. 

Onboard currency is in $AU, so that works for cash tips. The crew are paid their wages in $US, so that works too. Any NZ cash can still be banked for them by crew services on the ship, so that works for them as well.

Catch up with dozens of others doing the cruise, together with links for independent tours and various activities. The roll call is here: 

Thank you! I have done this and will enjoy reading through the thread over the next day or do.