Set Sail

We are cruising in a few weeks.  I went to the Royal site to print my set sail but it is not there.  Luggage tags are there and printable.

I went to the app next.  Set sail shows up but there does not appear to be a print option.  Am I doing something wrong or is this Royals way of saying don’t print — show set sail on your phone?  Thanks.  Katherine 

Edited by Lady Hudson
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

show set sail on your phone?

Yes, on some ships the entire check in process and availability of the SetSail pass has been removed making use of a mobile vice and the app a requirement (if you want to use it at all).

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Yes, on some ships the entire check in process and availability of the SetSail pass has been removed making use of a mobile vice and the app a requirement (if you want to use it at all).

SetSail Pass removed on some sailings...Not happy about that.

Why does everyone/thing assume that using your phone for things is not always what you prefer to do.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Ashland said:

SetSail Pass removed on some sailings...Not happy about that.

Realistically, you don't need to do anything before showing up at the pier but have your booking number written down/memorized - that's the number they read from the barcode in the SetSail pass when the check in agent scans it (on paper or on a device).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Realistically, you don't need to do anything before showing up at the pier but have your booking number written down/memorized - that's the number they read from the barcode in the SetSail pass when the check in agent scans it (on paper or on a device).

We find it easier to quickly show our printed SetSail Pass that notes we're in a suite but thanks for your realistic approach. I'll continue to hopefully print our SP.

• Like 3

Not having the Set Sail pass readily available (printed or in the app) also slows down the line outside the terminal. They ask to see your ID and Set Sail pass to even get inside the terminal. With no printed copy and no app on a (not so) smart phone, I wonder how they handle that.

Since we don't use the app, our bookings say "If not using the app, click here to print next page". That is what we do.  That page has our names, cruise date, and booking #.  It doesn't seem to be a problem.

Luggage tags were readily available without using the app, too.

Edited by shipgeeks
add
  • Like 1