Beer brands. I promise I searched!

Carnival Cruise Beer Menu (cruisecritic.com)

Not impressive if you only like high-end craft beer (e.g., Pliny The Younger, World Wide Stout, etc.).  I usually stick to rum while on the ship, it makes me talk like a pirate.  Fun to order a Pirate Punch with a pirate accent.  But at home I drink beer more often than not.

Edited by IntrepidFromDC
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Not impressive if you only like high-end craft beer (e.g., Pliny The Younger, World Wide Stout, etc.).  I usually stick to rum while on the ship, it makes me talk like a pirate.  Fun to order a Pirate Punch with a pirate accent.  But at home I drink beer more often than not.

The words "high end" and my husband don't go together 🤣

• Haha 6

Thanks for posting! I find these prices to be reasonable. I'm shocked! Sailing this summer on another cruise line to Alaska and Dogfish's 60 Minute is $10. That's when I knew the drink package was a good idea.

dctravel

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

I doubt 99% of people who drink beer know what Pliny or Heady Topper is…

On that subject, we all prefer to drink the carnival branded brews (thirsty frog and parched pig)

• Like 1

We have always been able to find all the popular domestics such as Mich Ultra, Coors, Bud Light, Miller Lite as well as Dos Equis, Modelo and Corona. As stated previously, Carnival's Thirsty Frog and Parched Pig are very popular choices as well.

• Like 1

I don’t see Fosters on that list, and I am pretty sure years ago we got some Fosters onboard. People in our group were saying it was the best buy because it had more ounces than the other beers. Did I dream that?

5 hours ago, Linsuesue said:

I don’t see Fosters on that list, and I am pretty sure years ago we got some Fosters onboard. People in our group were saying it was the best buy because it had more ounces than the other beers. Did I dream that?

The stopped carrying it when they added some more IPA's.

So my next question is this. If he buys a bucket I'm assuming it counts 6 towards his 15? Will they be open or does he have to open? It will be cheaper to buy the bucket and bring back to the room whatever he doesn't drink but that wont work if they open them for you.

28 minutes ago, Megan_Strick said:

So my next question is this. If he buys a bucket I'm assuming it counts 6 towards his 15? Will they be open or does he have to open? It will be cheaper to buy the bucket and bring back to the room whatever he doesn't drink but that wont work if they open them for you.

I'd pre-order some for the room.  

1 hour ago, Megan_Strick said:

The bucket of beers is a single purchase and doesn't count as six individual drinks.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Butterbean1000 said:

I didn't realize Red Frog and Parched Pig had dark beers, stout and porters, which is what I prefer.  I can't wait to try them on our upcoming Magic cruise.

I’m not sure about Magic, but they offer brewery tours on Celebration and Mardi Gras. By the way Butterbean 1000, did I meet you in Maryville TN at a mutual friends barbecue a couple of years ago?

17 hours ago, TN Roz said:

They will not allow you to buy a bucket on Cheers. It is one drink at a time and there is a 5-10 minute wait time before they can ring in another.

We aren't getting cheers since I don't drink.

3 hours ago, TN Roz said:

I’m not sure about Magic, but they offer brewery tours on Celebration and Mardi Gras. By the way Butterbean 1000, did I meet you in Maryville TN at a mutual friends barbecue a couple of years ago?

Nope, wasn't me.

19 minutes ago, Megan_Strick said:

We aren't getting cheers since I don't drink.

If you're not purchasing cheers he will not have a 15 drink limit. The 15 drink limit is only if you're on the Cheers plan. Otherwise you can purchase as much as you'd like as long as you're not stupidly drunk and they stop serving you.

In answer to your bucket of beers/will they be open question. I know they usually open beers for you, but I don't think they open all of them for you if you open a bucket. It's been awhile since i've purchased a bucket so I could be wrong on that. You could always ask them to not open them though (or open them) depending on your preference.

Have fun!

18 minutes ago, pblack said:

If you're not purchasing cheers he will not have a 15 drink limit. The 15 drink limit is only if you're on the Cheers plan. Otherwise you can purchase as much as you'd like as long as you're not stupidly drunk and they stop serving you.

In answer to your bucket of beers/will they be open question. I know they usually open beers for you, but I don't think they open all of them for you if you open a bucket. It's been awhile since i've purchased a bucket so I could be wrong on that. You could always ask them to not open them though (or open them) depending on your preference.

Have fun!

Oh ok. I have seen many times people on here say its 15 no matter Cheers or not

1 hour ago, pblack said:

pretty sure the 15 (alcoholic) drink limit is whether you have the cheers package or not. They don't want you stupidly drunk whether you are buying it with or without the drink package.