Live From Celebrity Reflection: 6 Day Caribbean 1/28-2/3/24

jam19872016

Waiter was on such a roll but I get really turned off when they push the surveys. I understand it's probably a corporate directive but I don't like it. He told the table next to me a 10 is the highest and a 9 is the lowest and said the word 10 about 10 more times.

I hope he doesn't give me that speech or I have to disqualify him from a survey rating.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Knights on the Beach said:

I'm way late to the party and have some reading to do to catch up! I've enjoyed following along on your other recent cruises and I'm excited to be here for the rest of this one. We're booked on Equinox for our first Celebrity cruise next year and I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks for following along! Equinox is a sister ship so will likely have a lot of the same things as Reflection. Did that ship in 2022. Enjoy!!

15 minutes ago, doghog said:

Yes. But limited. We welcome back the event. Cheers.🍻

The CC HH at most bars was a nice substitution.  Post shutdown. 

Don't mean to Hi-Jack your thread. Thanks for taking us along on your cruise. 

Yes love the ability to use most bars!

Not possible to hijack a thread that is just random ramblings 😆.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Both desserts were very good. I'm not sure how peanut butter flavored ice cream or something woth the word curd in it can be so god, but both are some of my favorite celebrity desserts.

Service has been really really good. Waitstaff is very attentive and don't feel like they are struggling to keep up with their workload like you unfortunately see with the over worked crew on Carnival and Royal.

Feels relaxed and intimate like you usually only see at specialty dining.

• Like 2

I don't want to say that is the most fun I've ever had at a deck party because the alcohol has probably influenced my judgement, but I will say until you have found yourself with a group of shirtless guys you've never met doing an impromptu synchronized swim routine to it's raining men in the pool in the middle of a deck party, you have not done a deck party right.

If you have somehow lost a sock and have no idea how, well bonus points and you know what I’ve lived through tonight.

I only wish I could have taken my phone in the pool, I earned a lot of steps dancing in the pool and have banged my feet up pretty bad, turns out aggressive dancing barefoot on a concrete pool deck will cut your feet up pretty badly. 

Worth it, had a great time.

I hope I still feel that way in the morning 🤣

Tomorrow is a sea day, I'm gonna try to follow along to some TV and then go to sleep and hope I don't have announcements in my room at 10am for the sea day tomorrow. 

Good night everyone. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 9

Greatly enjoying the daily updates, since I will be cruising on Reflections in a couple weeks. What is the temperature like on the ship? This will be my first cruise and I will probably be over thinking a lot of choices before packing what to wear.

• Like 2

Good morning everyone. 

Today is a sea day which always feels weird to have on the next to last day. That last sea day always brings feelings of finality and having it on the next to last day brings up those feelings early. 

But I will do my best to focus on the good like what new things today will bring and not worry about what is coming in two days. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, exlondoner said:

Out of interest for comparison, how many nights do you have to do to be elite, and what are the other grades?

Celebrity uses a point system instead of just counting nights.

Screenshot_20240201-100210_SamsungNotes.thumb.jpg.62b61b2e04d83131e6b1e4660cf04200.jpg

So elite starts at 300 points. Points per night is based on your ro category. 

Screenshot_20240201-100244_SamsungNotes.thumb.jpg.42b6b538a241398cf5a93b05f6589ac2.jpg

So in my lowly inside rooms, it would take me 150 nights to earn elite. I sail solo sometimes which earns double points, and I earned double points from a sailing in the early restart days.

My elite is thanks to status match with Royal Caribbean. It will take me a long long time to reach elite based on that points structure alone. Very appreciative of the status match shared between the two.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, WDidion said:

Greatly enjoying the daily updates, since I will be cruising on Reflections in a couple weeks. What is the temperature like on the ship? This will be my first cruise and I will probably be over thinking a lot of choices before packing what to wear.

I love a cool ship and I have found this ship to have a wonderful AC system. I would recommend a jacket for anyone who gets cold easily.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Celebrity uses a point system instead of just counting nights.

Screenshot_20240201-100210_SamsungNotes.thumb.jpg.62b61b2e04d83131e6b1e4660cf04200.jpg

So elite starts at 300 points. Points per night is based on your ro category. 

Screenshot_20240201-100244_SamsungNotes.thumb.jpg.42b6b538a241398cf5a93b05f6589ac2.jpg

So in my lowly inside rooms, it would take me 150 nights to earn elite. I sail solo sometimes which earns double points, and I earned double points from a sailing in the early restart days.

My elite is thanks to status match with Royal Caribbean. It will take me a long long time to reach elite based on that points structure alone. Very appreciative of the status match shared between the two.

Good gracious, how terrifyingly complicated. Presumably there are extra points for those who have studied maths at Harvard, and therefore might understand it. 

• Haha 9

10am announcement did not come inside room today. I even turned the TV on to the navigation channel as an experiment and it created a weird echo with the muffled hallway announcement since it was about a second behind. I would have noticed that if that was why I heard it last time.

Glad to see it did not come inside even if I was already awake. Strange that it did so the first sea day but maybe it was an accident or they got complaints.

• Like 4