Help! Complimentary upgrade

envy4u

I booked directly with Princess and the agent recommended I book a gty with a complimentary one category upgrade. Today I was assigned a cabin but did not receive the upgrade. I called Princess phone number and wasted 1.5 hours of my time which I will never get back. In the end I was hanged up on when I asked to speak to a supervisor. Is there a specific number I can call to get this resolved. Help! TY

Perhaps there is a misunderstanding?

And, perhaps you are seeing what others sometimes see, and that is, well,  not  so good customer service with some Princess reps.

When did you make the booking?   And, are you past final payment?

The PROMO has been that, for many categories, one can get a cabin that is the highest sub-category.  So, one would get a better SUB category, but not a higher full category, such as OV to Balcony.

So, this would look like this...  GTY balcony which is MID-AFT, is the same price as the ones that are AFT.

This is shown in the pricing online.

If you are to pull up your cruise online, and act like you are making a booking and selecting cabin, is this how the pricing shows?   How does this compare the pricing you were given on your booking?

Edited by Wishing on a star

I would recommend that you write a real paper letter addressed to John Padgett , President of Princess Cruises and mail it by USPS. He is in Santa Clarita. I would explain the 1 1/2 hour time on the phone and the customer service person hanging up on you. This is not the way to run any business, especially one that is in the customer satisfaction/vacation business. This will not solve your current problem but may make you feel better. I would not use e-mail, text, chat or any kind of electronic method to send. These messages never reach the office you intend.

FYI: I had a simple change of address that I could not do on line by myself. Princess' program doesn't allow it. I emailed Princess. After a few months of no reply I wrote a letter. Received notice of change in about two weeks. 

Edited by skynight

17 hours ago, envy4u said:

I booked directly with Princess and the agent recommended I book a gty with a complimentary one category upgrade. Today I was assigned a cabin but did not receive the upgrade. I called Princess phone number and wasted 1.5 hours of my time which I will never get back. In the end I was hanged up on when I asked to speak to a supervisor. Is there a specific number I can call to get this resolved. Help! TY

Remember a one category upgrade does NOT necessarily mean interior to oceanview (for instance).

There are levels w/in each category.

So if you booked an interior guarantee, in theory you won't get the lowest level of interior, but at least one catgory above that (still an interior).

Edited by KKB
  • Like 1