Disembarkation at Port Everglades

Alaska Lily

Hello - we are sailing on Sky this Saturday (7 days).  The ship is embarking from Terminal 2 and disembarkation will be at Terminal 21.  We don't live very far so we usually drive to the port and park our car.  Obviously our car will be in the "wrong" garage when we return.  Princess said they will have shuttles to return us to the Terminal 2 (Palm) garage.  Has anyone had experience with these shuttles?  Also, if we decide to Uber instead do you recommend reserving the Uber ahead of time?  Since we have not done that I'm not sure what availability is like.  Thanks very much for any advice!

Suggest. Drop your luggage and non driver at terminal 2. Driver drive over to the mid port garage and park. Take the intra port garage shuttle back to terminal 2 and meet up with the non driver. Just in case you can't locate a shuttle take a taxi back to terminal 2. Minimum fare. When you disembark your car will be there at pier 21. 

When this has happened to us (though opposite and leaving from terminal 21 and coming back to terminal 2) we dropped our luggage off with the porters at the terminal 21 and then drove over to terminal 2 and parked.  We then just got an uber back to terminal 21.  

Yes - there is a free shuttle.  We have ridden it.  We got off on a side-to-side at terminal 21 and then boarded at terminal 2.  There was a shuttle for those who had parked at terminal 2 and we rode it, though we had no car to retrieve - just needed to get to terminal 2.  Mind you, this was pre-COVID, so I cannot guarantee things still work the same way.

We rode the shuttle in reverse (21 to 2) last March.  Boarding the shuttle was a madhouse.  There was a mob vs. a line for the shuttle - which was a short bus that held maybe 20-30 people.  I would do anything to avoid it next time.  I like the idea of parking at the disembarkation garage.

• Like 1

The above solutions will work but why not park elsewhere at half the price & use their free shuttles to get to and from the ship?

Edited by MissP22

I'm on the same cruise as @Alaska Lily and I was just thinking the same thing as some of the respondents here so I'm glad I found this thread.  I've done the free Princess shuttle from one terminal to another - it's not pretty and I don't ever want to go through that again.  I'm thinking we'll just get to Terminal 21 early, drop the bags and park back in the Terminal 2 garage.  I'm guessing Uber and taxis will be busy with disembarkation at Terminal 2 but I'm sure we can find something.  I like the idea of excessive tipping to the taxi or Uber to compensate for the short ride.

Thanks for the advice!

7 hours ago, MissP22 said:

The above solutions will work but why not park elsewhere at half the price & use their free shuttles to get to and from the ship?

We've tried offsite parking and every time we use a shuttle (hotel, parking lot, Princess); it's always been a nightmare.  I'll pay for the convenience and ease of the terminal parking garage.

Edited by reiddg
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, reiddg said:

I'm on the same cruise as @Alaska Lily and I was just thinking the same thing as some of the respondents here so I'm glad I found this thread.  I've done the free Princess shuttle from one terminal to another - it's not pretty and I don't ever want to go through that again.  I'm thinking we'll just get to Terminal 21 early, drop the bags and park back in the Terminal 2 garage.  I'm guessing Uber and taxis will be busy with disembarkation at Terminal 2 but I'm sure we can find something.  I like the idea of excessive tipping to the taxi or Uber to compensate for the short ride.

Thanks for the advice!

We had no issues getting an uber when we did just this and they were also busy with disembarkation.  It was easy.  

1 minute ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

We had no issues getting an uber when we did just this and they were also busy with disembarkation.  It was easy.  

Good to know, thanks.

22 minutes ago, sandybeaches44 said:

I too drive to Port Everglades. I have left  my vehicle at Park’N go several times. They are very convenient to the port.

Their vans drop you off and pick you up at the correct terminal. 

Same with us. The guy from the parking lot is always waiting when we get off the ship with the first group of walk off's. Saves money without any headache of worrying about which terminal your at when returning. 

On 1/25/2024 at 2:49 PM, Alaska Lily said:

Hello - we are sailing on Sky this Saturday (7 days).  The ship is embarking from Terminal 2 and disembarkation will be at Terminal 21.  We don't live very far so we usually drive to the port and park our car.  Obviously our car will be in the "wrong" garage when we return.  Princess said they will have shuttles to return us to the Terminal 2 (Palm) garage.  Has anyone had experience with these shuttles?  Also, if we decide to Uber instead do you recommend reserving the Uber ahead of time?  Since we have not done that I'm not sure what availability is like.  Thanks very much for any advice!

What date is your departure?  On January 27 Sky will dock at Terminal 21 and on Feb 3 at Terminal 2. 

1 hour ago, pilot said:

What date is your departure?  On January 27 Sky will dock at Terminal 21 and on Feb 3 at Terminal 2. 

Yes - I realize that I got it backwards!  Thanks to everyone for their thoughts.  The Cruise Critic community is always helpful!