Oct. 1 Vancouver-Hawaii Cruise Cancelled

This itinerary is still better I feel than what we had last Oct. on OV.   As I posted above- it was Victoria BC and next day Seattle to do a lengthly US Customs.  Then Napili Coast Line all day to look at and disembark in HNL.

Welcome all new Passengers!

Hotels are expensive here and depending on the events happening in town too.   There are accommodations by YVR and the Canada Line train takes about 30 min to take you to Waterfront Station.   That is just over a block to walk to Canada Place and the pier. 

The Expo Line train leaves/arrives at Waterfront Station and you could perhaps find less costly accommodation in the suburbs by a Skytrain Station.   Below is an area in the suburbs you could check out. 

Hotels | Metrotown, Burnaby, BC
Edited by CVU

Quantum class can only enter and exit below the Lions Gate bridge in Vancouver at slack tide.  

This hinders their ability to depart like they can at most other ports.   One time they revised our departure to stay in the Vancouver harbor until 2am.  We boarded normally and sailed away in the middle of the night.   Pretty common for Q class in Vancouver.

• Like 1

I’ve read elsewhere that the Quantum cruise was cancelled due to a charter.  No facts to back it up though.

Does anyone have experience of what exactly they mean by cruise fare rate being protected for the cancelled Quantum cruise?  I assumed the rate pppn paid for the original cruise but on another group someone said that wasn’t honoured and they are paying the same total price, which is ridiculous, as it was a 13 night cruise and now 9 nights.  We have just returned from a Celebrity cruise in Asia over Christmas, which was cancelled 3 times due to Covid.  Each time we got to keep the pppn rate, so I assumed Royal would do the same, as this time, no matter the reason, it is their fault.

1 hour ago, earn said:

I’ve read elsewhere that the Quantum cruise was cancelled due to a charter.  No facts to back it up though.

Does anyone have experience of what exactly they mean by cruise fare rate being protected for the cancelled Quantum cruise?  I assumed the rate pppn paid for the original cruise but on another group someone said that wasn’t honoured and they are paying the same total price, which is ridiculous, as it was a 13 night cruise and now 9 nights.  We have just returned from a Celebrity cruise in Asia over Christmas, which was cancelled 3 times due to Covid.  Each time we got to keep the pppn rate, so I assumed Royal would do the same, as this time, no matter the reason, it is their fault.

I've not had great luck with Royal when cruises are cancelled and they offer alternatives.  For example a Star class Aquatheater suite is equivalent to a Freedom class grand suite in their minds, protected to the same rate.  No Star perks allowed though.  Same right?  If you don't think so then take the full refund and be happy with that.

In truth every situation is unique and what is offered can be as well.    

On 1/25/2024 at 4:12 PM, Randy_b said:

Royal Caribbean has just announced itinerary change to the October 2024 Hawaii. The two days in Lahaina Maui will be skipped and they replace that with 1 day in Vancouver before departing, then head to Honolulu before going to Napali, then back to Honolulu for disembarkment. Don’t know what’s the point of spending the day in Vancouver and the ship will sails at 1pm. Very disappointed with this new itinerary. We’ll probably cancel to get a refund for this trip.

We are booked for that cruise as well (2 rooms), the news was truly disappointing. I contacted Royal Caribbean and escalated the case, still they said there's no option for deposit refund nor credit offered. Literally nothing they can do! I am beyond frustrated!! They offered full refund to the 2023 identical cruise, so why are they not offering to us?

4 hours ago, CaliD said:

We are booked for that cruise as well (2 rooms), the news was truly disappointing. I contacted Royal Caribbean and escalated the case, still they said there's no option for deposit refund nor credit offered. Literally nothing they can do! I am beyond frustrated!! They offered full refund to the 2023 identical cruise, so why are they not offering to us?

Need more complaints on social media. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CaliD said:

They offered full refund to the 2023 identical cruise, so why are they not offering to us?

Welcome to CC.

As mentioned, get on social media - that seems to work much better than coming to CC about it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, twangster said:

Need more complaints on social media. 

Twangster has hit the nail on the head.  We’re on an 25Oct TA on Adventure.  It was originally a 13N but was changed to a 12N.  Initially, RCL didn’t offer ANYTHING.  Complaints came on strong and RCL then prorated the cruise for all, whether you complained or not.

12 hours ago, CaliD said:

It was Not identical in 2023. 

We were on it. 

It was Victoria and next Day Seattle for US Customs and then HNL departure.    It was not a Hawaiian cruise it was a Pacific NW.  

The US Customs took some people up to 3 hr with no breakfast in huge lines in the terminal for NON USA citizens.   USA were lined up inside at another check in.  It was the same length but the ports were not great.  We have seen Victoria and Seattle all our lives living in the PNW. 

18 hours ago, CaliD said:

It was very disappointing for us as we were really looking forward to this cruise. Luckily, we only put down a refundable deposit with the agent so we were able to cancel the cruise and get a full refund of the deposit.

• Like 1