Oct. 1 Vancouver-Hawaii Cruise Cancelled

13 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

Two threads going on this

@crzndebthank you.

What's your best guess as to where it may go?

* Hoping it stays in the westcoast...sorry to all my lovely Aussie friends. :classic_smile:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

@crzndebthank you.

What's your best guess as to where it may go?

* Hoping it stays in the westcoast...sorry to all my lovely Aussie friends. :classic_smile:

21 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Quantum doing a west coast run? Or going to China?

There have been so many rumors about a Quantum class ship going to Los Angeles, so anybody’s guess is as good as mine. I’ve given up guessing what Royal will do with their ships 😉

• Like 1

So the Vancouver to Hawaii was canceled, but the cruise out of Singapore on Nov 19 is still there. Maybe non-revving from Vancouver to Singapore for drydock, then continuing down to Oz?

Edited by smokeybandit
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

So the Vancouver to Hawaii was canceled, but the cruise out of Singapore on Nov 19 is still there. Maybe non-revving from Vancouver to Singapore for drydock, then continuing down to Oz?

Unless that gets cancelled too…

Royal Caribbean has just announced itinerary change to the October 2024 Hawaii. The two days in Lahaina Maui will be skipped and they replace that with 1 day in Vancouver before departing, then head to Honolulu before going to Napali, then back to Honolulu for disembarkment. Don’t know what’s the point of spending the day in Vancouver and the ship will sails at 1pm. Very disappointed with this new itinerary. We’ll probably cancel to get a refund for this trip.

Edited by Randy_b

4 minutes ago, Randy_b said:

Royal Caribbean has just announced itinerary change to the October 2024 Hawaii. The two days in Lahaina Maui will be skipped and they replace that with 1 day in Vancouver before departing, then head to Honolulu before going to Napali, then back to Honolulu for disembarkment. Don’t know what’s the point of spending the day in Vancouver and the ship will sails at 1pm. Very disappointed with this new itinerary. We’ll probably cancel to get a refund for this trip.

On Quantum??

8 minutes ago, Randy_b said:

Welcome to Cruise Critic. That is a bad itinerary change. It is not surprising that Lahaina is out, but they could have replaced it with single days in Hilo and Kona. Isn't Napali just a sail by, (Sea Day)? Which ship were you booked on? 

22 minutes ago, Randy_b said:

Quantum or Ovation? 

Edited by crzndeb

37 minutes ago, Randy_b said:

Where are you seeing this?  There is nothing on the Royal site for that itinerary.

25 minutes ago, MrCruze said:

Where are you seeing this?  There is nothing on the Royal site for that itinerary.

Oops, never mind...must be the Ovation itin, not on the Quantum.

• Thanks 1

Received an email today from Royal announcing the itinerary change to Honolulu instead of Maui. Ovation schedule from Vancouver Oct 4, 2024. My first trip to Hawaii so am okay with the change.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Coralc said:

Welcome to Cruise Critic. That is a bad itinerary change. It is not surprising that Lahaina is out, but they could have replaced it with single days in Hilo and Kona. Isn't Napali just a sail by, (Sea Day)? Which ship were you booked on? 

It on the Ovation of the Seas. Base on the information that I got, they will be staying in Vancouver until 1:00 Am the next day. That's AM so you cannot get out to do anything at all. The two days Lahaina Maui are cancelled. The Napali Kauai is only a cruise by (no shore stopping at the port). So the only port of call that you can get off the ship is Honolulu. This is a terrible itinerary and we are very disappointed. We'll cancel this trip and book something else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Randy_b said:

It on the Ovation of the Seas. Base on the information that I got, they will be staying in Vancouver until 1:00 Am the next day. That's AM so you cannot get out to do anything at all. The two days Lahaina Maui are cancelled. The Napali Kauai is only a cruise by (no shore stopping at the port). So the only port of call that you can get off the ship is Honolulu. This is a terrible itinerary and we are very disappointed. We'll cancel this trip and book something else.

That gives you embarkation day in Vancouver plus the full next day, you can checkin and then come and go for the next 37 hours, just be back by midnight of the second day. 

14 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

That gives you embarkation day in Vancouver plus the full next day, you can checkin and then come and go for the next 37 hours, just be back by midnight of the second day. 

According to the itinerary, embarkation is Fri. Oct 4.  Departure is Sat. Oct 5 @ 1:00 AM.  That would mean you only have embarkation day in Vancouver.

Day Port
1 Vancouver, British Columbia
Departs At
2 Vancouver, British Columbia
From 1:00 AM

10/5/24

Sat

Vancouver, British Columbia

1:00 AM 

This means just after midnight of Oct. 4 meaning 1 AM on Oct. 5.  

[Please know, our check-in remains unchanged, and all guests should be checked-in in and onboard by 5:00 PM.].  US Customs and Security would be closed at the Terminal, l I would assume.

I do not see that as an extra day in Vancouver.  All aboard at 5 PM the email told us.  It is just a delayed deaparture due to the Tide is how I see it.   Not an extra Vancouver day.   

If was another Whole day it would be--- "Oct 6 @ 1 AM"      not Oct 5 @ 1 AM.  

29 minutes ago, CVU said:

10/5/24

Sat

[Please know, our check-in remains unchanged, and all guests should be checked-in in and onboard by 5:00 PM.].  US Customs and Security would be closed at the Terminal, l I would assume.

I do not see that as an extra day in Vancouver.  All aboard at 5 PM the email told us.  It is just a delayed deaparture due to the Tide is how I see it.   Not an extra Vancouver day.   

If was another Whole day it would be--- "Oct 6 @ 1 AM"      not Oct 5 @ 1 AM.  

Agreed and sailing out of Vancouver is beautiful, so doing that in the middle of the night is another disappointment.  We were on the cancelled Quantum sailing, so knock after knock for us sadly.  We are coming from Scotland and can’t change flights without losing a lot of money, so we are pretty much stuck with moving over to this dreadful itinerary.

7 hours ago, Randy_b said:

Base on the information that I got, they will be staying in Vancouver until 1:00 Am the next day. 

3 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

According to the itinerary, embarkation is Fri. Oct 4.  Departure is Sat. Oct 5 @ 1:00 AM.

55 minutes ago, CVU said:

10/5/24

Sat

High tide that day is around 6:07pm... which means Ovation would be in danger of not passing under the Lion's Gate Bridge.

And guess approximately what time the lowest tide is? Yep .... 12:33am

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoopster95 said:

High tide that day is around 6:07pm... which means Ovation would be in danger of not passing under the Lion's Gate Bridge.

And guess approximately what time the lowest tide is? Yep .... 12:33am

Agreed. 

We are not over night in Vancouver for a day in port.  It is just a later delay leaving in the dark.  Too bad as the sail away is quite lovely going by Stanley Park in Vancouver and squeezing under the Lions Gate Bridge.   This is our 3rd in a row for a Fall Ovation to Hawaii and we have had different times to depart for them all.  Tides do their own thing. LOL