Live - MSC seascape from Miami 27 Jan

Ryan82

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from Ryan82! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: . . When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

Ryan82 was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

Been in Miami since yesterday. Staying in a nice hotel in South Beach - The Breakwater. Really enjoying Miami and the weather so far, makes a welcome change from UK.

Keep hearing the Seascape is experiencing choppy waters so hoping that we'll avoid it.

Bit shocked by the prices of food and drinks so far but appreciate we're in a really touristy area.

2024-01-22.jpg

IMG-20240125-WA0038.jpg

20240125_110133.jpg

• Like 2

Looking forward to your reports as we sail Seascape for the first time later this year. And yes, Miami is very expensive- close to NYC prices for food and drinks. Enjoy your stay and can't wait to follow along. 

• Like 1

Following as well as we sail the Seascape in September, first time MSC and first time Yacht club as well. Usually NCL Haven. As far as Miami, yes prices are very high for food and drinks. We always stay by the port the night before our cruise. Prices still High but not as bad as the tourist areas of south beach. 

• Like 2

Hey @wolft927 we're standard (fantastica) so won't be able to tell you about Yacht club. I did put in an upgrade bid for Yacht club but am guessing as I haven't heard anything it was unsuccessful.

• Like 1

Although eating out is more expensive (even compared to London UK prices) everything we've eaten really has been superb. Last night we ate at Havana 1957 which is located in hotel. Really was amazing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ryan82 said:

Hey @wolft927 we're standard (fantastica) so won't be able to tell you about Yacht club. I did put in an upgrade bid for Yacht club but am guessing as I haven't heard anything it was unsuccessful.

Well thats good, we are doing Fantastica, so I'm interested in how the dining and all that stuff works out. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ryan82 said:

Although eating out is more expensive (even compared to London UK prices) everything we've eaten really has been superb. Last night we ate at Havana 1957 which is located in hotel. Really was amazing.

We will be there in a couple of weeks, but staying in Brickell rather than South Beach.

Hope you have a great cruise.

• Like 1

Following along. We will be down there in March on the Seascape. We are flying in the night before and staying near the airport. We'll rideshare to the port the next morning.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Ryan82 said:

Been in Miami since yesterday. Staying in a nice hotel in South Beach - The Breakwater. Really enjoying Miami and the weather so far, makes a welcome change from UK.

Keep hearing the Seascape is experiencing choppy waters so hoping that we'll avoid it.

Bit shocked by the prices of food and drinks so far but appreciate we're in a really touristy area.

2024-01-22.jpg

IMG-20240125-WA0038.jpg

20240125_110133.jpg

I'm disembarking Seascape tomorrow, yes it was quite choppy Day 1-5 but yesterday was perfect so hopefully the wind has calmed. We almost didn't make it into Puerto Plata and had to make a couple of attempts. 

• Like 2

Absolutely! It's been great, YC has been amazing and I'd suggest going straight to guest services to ask if there's any upgrades when you get on board as it's totally worth it. 

• Like 1

On 1/27/2024 at 3:19 PM, mreic082 said:

Enjoy your trip! If you get a chance, can you post a MDR menu or two? I’m traveling soon with my kids who love to know what’s coming up for dinner. 🙃

You’ll find menus and food photos on this thread 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2976841-2023-thanksgiving-on-seascape-fantastica-experience-menus-dailies-etc-first-time-on-msc/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mcoler181 said:

Would you know if they are still the current menus by any chance? Thanks

They’re from November, so quite recent.  However, this week’s may be the ‘second’ week’s menus (they usually have a 14 day menu rotation).  Hopefully the OP will post some so we can compare.   I just gave the link so you’d get some idea of what MSC offers. 

Edited by Beamafar

23 hours ago, mcoler181 said:

Unfortunately not, the wife and I are booked in YC in June on Virtuosa but just in cattle class for this one with the children. 

We board on Saturday as well with my daughter and her children (14 and 4).  How old are your kids?