Casual Dining Food Photos

A few years ago (ok, several) I used to see a lot of food photos but I really haven’t seen much in a long time. I know that many (ok, most) do not like taking photos of food. I’m looking for photos of the casual dining food so I can share with a friend. I don’t drink wine so I can’t really share what that is like with someone since I’ve never been to Vines. So, if you have any photos to share or if you can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated. Thanks! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wonders By Wallis said:

I embark on the Discovery Princess Saturday and will try to remember to take casual food photos (among the others). I post on Facebook so friend me there at Barry Wallis | Facebook.

Would it be possible for you to post here? The Discovery Princess is my favorite ship. Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser

7 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Would it be possible for you to post here? The Discovery Princess is my favorite ship. Enjoy your cruise!

I can certainly try. My only other cruise was on the Discovery Princess this past October. I got addicted to OceanNow.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Wonders By Wallis said:

I can certainly try. My only other cruise was on the Discovery Princess this past October. I got addicted to OceanNow.

Thank you. I am also addicted to OceanNow. I was on the Discovery Inaugural cruise plus two others. Beautiful ship! 

12 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Thank you. I am also addicted to OceanNow. I was on the Discovery Inaugural cruise plus two others. Beautiful ship! 

Last time I headed to Gigi's for lunch when I got on the ship. Where should I go this time? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wonders By Wallis said:

Last time I headed to Gigi's for lunch when I got on the ship. Where should I go this time? 

I like to go to the Main Dining Room (MDR). First I watch the safety video while having a soda. Then I check-in at my muster station. Usually lunch will be in the Skagway MDR on the starboard side with lunch from 12:00 PM to 1:30 PM. It’s a wonderful way to start your cruise.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I like to go to the Main Dining Room (MDR). First I watch the safety video while having a soda. Then I check-in at my muster station. Usually lunch will be in the Skagway MDR on the starboard side with lunch from 12:00 PM to 1:30 PM. It’s a wonderful way to start your cruise.

Good idea. My current plan is to head to Sabatini's to get on the list for the Chef's Table. Then get through the muster requirements and then head to lunch (we will see if I can pass up pizza for the MDR). 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wonders By Wallis said:

Good idea. My current plan is to head to Sabatini's to get on the list for the Chef's Table. Then get through the muster requirements and then head to lunch (we will see if I can pass up pizza for the MDR). 

How many are in your party? I’ve never done the chef’s table. I have dairy allergies.

5 minutes ago, Wonders By Wallis said:

You embark tomorrow morning? Don’t I wish!

8 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Nice! You must be booked in a full suite. What time are you going to the cruise port tomorrow? I usually go around 10:15 AM.

Not in a suite. Just a mini-suite. I paid for the dinner as soon as it was available. I plan on getting there between 10 and 10:30. I love 90 minutes away from the terminal. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Wonders By Wallis said:

Not in a suite. Just a mini-suite. I paid for the dinner as soon as it was available. I plan on getting there between 10 and 10:30. I love 90 minutes away from the terminal. 

I used to be about 30 minutes away and then I moved out of state. I’m sad that I’m no longer near the cruise port.

From the Discovery Princess 

Alfredo’s rollata and pizza 

image.thumb.jpeg.ea300d1713975bf15e07b33ca21b66e4.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.cb9e0b1413ae6078631cedcb47c756c1.jpeg

From the GastroPub .. mushrooms with scotch egg and calamari 

image.thumb.jpeg.68ecc88ebd18a6d83dec189e21f7ad67.jpeg

From the sushi bar .. edamame, California roll and vegetable roll made spicy

image.thumb.jpeg.6d1bf72b0db393bac916225ff7b93c8d.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

So, if you have any photos to share or if you can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated. Thanks! 

YouTube is your friend for this.

11 hours ago, Carnevale said:

Is Vines covered as part Premium or one of the two casual meals on plus?

Is there a Vines on Sapphire?

Vines is on the Sapphire and it is one of the casual meals. They open at 11am on sea days and 4:30 on port days. I hope this helps!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Thank you! They will love this. Are you charged for one or two when you order this? 

There were two of us, each used one casual dining credit.

I ate there three other times (Premier Cruise Package). Smaller the other times as it was just me.. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Carnevale said:

Is Vines covered as part Premium or one of the two casual meals on plus?

Is there a Vines on Sapphire?

Vines is a Casual Dining venue and covered by both Plus or Premier Cruise Packages. 

It's on multiple ships, check your specific ship deck plans and info page.

(Yes, on Sapphire).

• Thanks 1