Help me narrow down my options for my next cruise!

dlphn501

Here is what I'm looking at:

Mardi Gras: 8 nights 6/7/25-6/15/25     PC-Aruba-Curacao (new port)-Grand Turk (new port)-PC                                            small interior    $3k

Vista: 6 nights 6/8/25-6/14/25               Port Canaveral > Celebration Key > Half Moon Cay > Amber Cove > End: Port Canaveral     interior     $2,600

Celebration: 8 nights 6/14/25-6/22/25        Miami-Bonaire-Aruba-Curacao (new port)-Miami                                                                       premium interior   $3,150

Mardi Gras: 6 nights 6/15/25-6/21/25         PC-Nassau-Amber Cove-Grand Turk (new port)-PC        

Celebration: 6 nights 8/3/25-8/9/25            Miami-Celebration Key-Amber Cove-Grand Turk-Miami                                                            premium interior    $2,500 

Celebration: 6 nights 8/3/25-8/9/25            Miami-Celebration Key-Amber Cove-Grand Turk-Miami                                                            cove balcony        $2,985

Vista: 6 nights 8/3/25-8/9/25                     PC-Celebration Key-Half Moon Cay (new port)-Amber Cove-PC

Our availability is fixed to June or 1st week in August.  We are traveling from south Georgia, so Port Canaveral (PC) is preferred over Miami.  We are an 8-night on Horizon in April of this year to Bonaire, Aruba, La Romana, and Amber Cove.  Is early August less busy than June?  I know June is always packed, and that is when we usually go.  I'm usually with the masses of saying "always the most days", but when you really look at my choices, I'm not sure the extra day(s) are necessarily worth it.

I hit submit too soon, so I am posting the entire post here:

Here is what I'm looking at:

Mardi Gras: 8 nights 6/7/25-6/15/25     PC-Aruba-Curacao (new port)-Grand Turk (new port)-PC                                            small interior    $3k

Vista: 6 nights 6/8/25-6/14/25               Port Canaveral > Celebration Key > Half Moon Cay > Amber Cove > End: Port Canaveral     interior                 $2,600

Celebration: 8 nights 6/14/25-6/22/25        Miami-Bonaire-Aruba-Curacao (new port)-Miami                                                                       premium interior   $3,150

Mardi Gras: 6 nights 6/15/25-6/21/25         PC-Nassau-Amber Cove-Grand Turk (new port)-PC                                                                 premium interior   $2,800

Celebration: 6 nights 8/3/25-8/9/25            Miami-Celebration Key-Amber Cove-Grand Turk-Miami                                                         premium interior      $2,500 

Celebration: 6 nights 8/3/25-8/9/25            Miami-Celebration Key-Amber Cove-Grand Turk-Miami                                                         cove balcony           $2,985

Vista: 6 nights          8/3/25-8/9/25            PC-Celebration Key-Half Moon Cay (new port)-Amber Cove-PC                                            havana interior        $2,920

Sunshine: 6 nights    8/3/25-8/9/25            Norfolk > Bermuda (new port) > Bermuda > End: Norfolk                                                        interior                     $2,700

Magic: 7 nights         8/3/25-8/10/25           Miami-Cozumel-Mahogany Bay-Celebration Key (all new ports)                                             deluxe ocean view  $2,800

Mardi Gras: 8 nights 8/2/25-8/10/25          PC-Aruba-Curacao (new port)-Grand Turk (new port)-Miami          *midship 5372*                 premium interior      $2,900

Horizon: 8 nights    8/2/25-8/10/25            Miami-Aruba-Bonaire-Curacao (new port)-Miami                                                                     Havana cabana        $4k

Our availability is fixed to June or 1st week in August.  We are traveling from south Georgia, so Port Canaveral (PC) is preferred over Miami.  We are an 8-night on Horizon in April of this year to Bonaire, Aruba, La Romana, and Amber Cove.  Is early August less busy than June?  I know June is always packed, and that is when we usually go.  I'm usually with the masses of saying "always the most days", but when you really look at my choices, there are lots of variables (new ship but meh ports; new ship but shorter duration, etc).

Out of the June dates, I like MG for 8 nights... longer, and closer port, but pricey

I've been eyeing Bermuda for a while because we have never been and don't see itineraries there much when we are able to cruise.  But Norfolk is a 9 hour drive.  Miami is 6 and PC is 3.

Which would you pick and/or which would completely disregard, and why?

Side note: the extra free food options on MG and Celebration are a definite bonus for us.  We haven't sailed on any ship larger than Liberty until we go on Horizon in 2 months.

Why are some cruises yellow highlighted?  Sorry if I'm missing the explanation. Looks like a bunch of great choices.  I've been on MG and yes, the food choices are awesome.  I love Sunshine and since you haven't been to Bermuda, that might be worth the 9 hour drive (but you would need to incur the cost of a hotel the night before). And August in Bermuda might be better weather.  Hmmmm...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Why are some cruises yellow highlighted?  Sorry if I'm missing the explanation. Looks like a bunch of great choices.  I've been on MG and yes, the food choices are awesome.  I love Sunshine and since you haven't been to Bermuda, that might be worth the 9 hour drive (but you would need to incur the cost of a hotel the night before). And August in Bermuda might be better weather.  Hmmmm...

The yellow ones are the ones I'm eyeing for several reasons: 1) MG in June - most nights, closest port, and new class of ship; 2) MG in Aug - same as above and cheaper; 3) Horizon in Aug - Havana Cabana is within my budget, although it's at the top, and I'm willing to splurge for it once.  

I am loving the idea of Bermuda.  I would need a hotel for Miami as well bc that's a little too far for my comfort to drive the day of.

We would choose MG or Celebration, love the excel class and if you haven't sailed on one yet, you should if you are interested.  I would go for PC over Miami for sure as PC for MG is very easy on and off the ship (and parking is great for MG).  Good luck with your options, these are good problems to have 😉.

Edited by Drazil65
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, dlphn501 said:

The yellow ones are the ones I'm eyeing for several reasons: 1) MG in June - most nights, closest port, and new class of ship; 2) MG in Aug - same as above and cheaper; 3) Horizon in Aug - Havana Cabana is within my budget, although it's at the top, and I'm willing to splurge for it once.  

I am loving the idea of Bermuda.  I would need a hotel for Miami as well bc that's a little too far for my comfort to drive the day of.

True about the need for a hotel in Miami.  The longest drive we will make for "day of" is Jacksonville and after our Thanksgiving cruise with the other passengers on that cruise (not a good crowd) I will not plan to cruise out of Jacksonville again. I'm not comfortable with flying in "day of" either so we plan on a hotel the day before if we are flying in the day before 🤑.  I have Horizon booked with a Havana Cabana in January 2025 and I've heard the Havana area on Horizon is the best!  Plus Horizon has JiJi's (soooo good! and MG doesn't have JiJi's), Bonsai Teppanyaki, Cucina Del Capitano and Steakhouse.  I've booked at all of these for our Horizon cruise, JiJi's twice! Maybe this would be the romantic anniversary cruise for you😻!

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, tree.critter said:

I would choose the Magic, sailed excel class 5 times and simply not a fan. Like the itinerary with the new port and the Dream class have the best spas in the fleet.

And this is where things are totally subjective and up to personal choice. I LOVE the Mardi Gras and went on the Magic a few years ago and it was one of my most disappointing cruises so far. Ship was run down (I got locked out on my balcony due to a broken door lock), lots of rust and not great service quite a few times. This is why one person’s “perfect” vacation may not be the case for someone else.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

True about the need for a hotel in Miami.  The longest drive we will make for "day of" is Jacksonville and after our Thanksgiving cruise with the other passengers on that cruise (not a good crowd) I will not plan to cruise out of Jacksonville again. I'm not comfortable with flying in "day of" either so we plan on a hotel the day before if we are flying in the day before 🤑.  I have Horizon booked with a Havana Cabana in January 2025 and I've heard the Havana area on Horizon is the best!  Plus Horizon has JiJi's (soooo good! and MG doesn't have JiJi's), Bonsai Teppanyaki, Cucina Del Capitano and Steakhouse.  I've booked at all of these for our Horizon cruise, JiJi's twice! Maybe this would be the romantic anniversary cruise for you😻!

@dlphn501 If you are planning on driving to the port, this is what we are doing for our Horizon cruise.  Drive to Fort Lauderdale.  Stay in North Beach at one of the funky retro properties there like Tropirock Hotel.  Walk to dinner (2-3 blocks) to either Takato (across the street from the beach, beautiful view, great food) or to Wine + Garden (hidden garden setting, great food, great ambience) and then breakfast the next morning a couple blocks away at Village Cafe.  Drive and park at the port of Miami.  You could stroll hand in hand down the beach after dinner.  More romance!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

@dlphn501 If you are planning on driving to the port, this is what we are doing for our Horizon cruise.  Drive to Fort Lauderdale.  Stay in North Beach at one of the funky retro properties there like Tropirock Hotel.  Walk to dinner (2-3 blocks) to either Takato (across the street from the beach, beautiful view, great food) or to Wine + Garden (hidden garden setting, great food, great ambience) and then breakfast the next morning a couple blocks away at Village Cafe.  Drive and park at the port of Miami.  You could stroll hand in hand down the beach after dinner.  More romance!!

Thanks for the ideas.  I actually stayed in Ft. Lauderdale the last (and only) time I sailed out of Miami, but it was more about the logistics because the rest of my traveling group was flying in to FLL.  And all at different times, and I wasn't playing taxi, lol.  They were able to get an airport shuttle at FLL to the hotel we were staying at, and then I just drove to the port the next morning.

I am staying right by the port of Miami when we go on Horizon in a couple months.  It's spring break, so I knew to start looking early and expect to shell out some $$$, but there was nothing all that great for a decent cost in FLL, and I was looking for a little more than a place to sleep and shower.  It didn't cost much more to stay in Miami, and I am happy to pay it to be 30 mins to an hour closer depending on the traffic.

• Like 1