Egift Cards

Hello All,

I received Egift cards from my children for Christmas, not the normal Royal Gift Certificates.  These cards have numbers like a credit card with an expiration date and CVV number.  

When I went to redeem them on the Royal website, only the "normal" redemption form is there, with an authorization number along with a certificate number.

I called to redeem them and was told I have to wait until I get on the ship & go to customer service to redeem them.

Has anyone else had any experience doing this?  I'm worried that once I get onboard they won't be accepted and it's quite a bit on money that I wanted to use as OBC.

Thank you all for your help with this!

Have a great day!

3 minutes ago, mommomporkchop said:

Hello All,

I received Egift cards from my children for Christmas, not the normal Royal Gift Certificates.  These cards have numbers like a credit card with an expiration date and CVV number.  

When I went to redeem them on the Royal website, only the "normal" redemption form is there, with an authorization number along with a certificate number.

I called to redeem them and was told I have to wait until I get on the ship & go to customer service to redeem them.

Has anyone else had any experience doing this?  I'm worried that once I get onboard they won't be accepted and it's quite a bit on money that I wanted to use as OBC.

Thank you all for your help with this!

Have a great day!

As a travel agent I have the ability to redeem them for deposits, payments or final payment, not sure why Royals staff can't. It's just like a credit card. 

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

As a travel agent I have the ability to redeem them for deposits, payments or final payment, not sure why Royals staff can't. It's just like a credit card. 

Thank you for your reply.  The person I spoke with at Royal told me he could take them for payment, but my cruise was already paid off.  He couldn't take them for OBC.  

3 minutes ago, mommomporkchop said:

Thank you for your reply.  The person I spoke with at Royal told me he could take them for payment, but my cruise was already paid off.  He couldn't take them for OBC.  

That makes sense.  Try calling gifts and gear for the obc 800 722 5443

• Like 1

I also got a couple for Xmas from my extended family.

I went into my cruise planner and under make a payment for my May cruise I clicked on this and there was the link to use these gift cards towards my final balance which is due middle of February as I know it has to be done before FB is paid.. I input the info asked for the credit card number, expiration date and CVV number. This has changed since I last used a gift certificate where you were to use the certificate serial number and certificate authorization code. Not sure why RCI has changed this redemption method. However I did this on January 17th and as of today the 27th I see my final balance due has not been credited yet.

I'll have to call now...another IT problem with RCI. The old method worked so easily and was credited in about 5 business days