Laundry

9 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I have heard that 16 day itineraries get 2 bags per person, but I can't back that up.

Giving an additional bag (or more) of free laundry as a Latitude perk on a longer cruise is not a Latitude policy but up to the discretion of someone on the ship (I’m not sure how high ranking.). 

• Like 1

Just off the Epic on Sunday and I must say I was sooooooo disappointed in its laundry service.  We were on for 3 weeks so sent out 2 bags a week. It would come back looking worse than when it went. It was all wadded up and wrinkled. It was like it was washed hot, rolled into a ball then dried and left in a hamper for hours and then they would try to fold it over once. I complained but it did no good. I even checked use starch and it came back horrible. 

It use to come back nice and pressed. Not anymore! I do not recommend it on the Epic!

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Just off the Epic on Sunday and I must say I was sooooooo disappointed in its laundry service.  We were on for 3 weeks so sent out 2 bags a week. It would come back looking worse than when it went. It was all wadded up and wrinkled. It was like it was washed hot, rolled into a ball then dried and left in a hamper for hours and then they would try to fold it over once. I complained but it did no good. I even checked use starch and it came back horrible. 

It use to come back nice and pressed. Not anymore! I do not recommend it on the Epic!

Yikes. We were on the Epic in December 2022 and our laundry came out perfect! A tale of two ships, as it were.

1 hour ago, ready2cruzagain said:

I was on with you last week and my laundry came back perfect

On 1/28/2024 at 6:04 PM, ChiefMateJRK said:

Of course it did.  They just hid them where you haven't found them (yet). 🤣

I read about those tags on this board.

Just off the Bliss - sent in 7 each of undershirts, undershorts & pairs of socks.

Each shirt had a tag under the back top seam.

Zero tags on all the other 21 pieces.

Ooh - a real tag mystery!

We had a bit of an issue with laundry on the last cruise.  When it didn’t show up the following day, we gave it one more day before calling to find out where it was.  They had no record of it.  After getting the room steward involved it took a couple hours for them to find it and get it washed.  We got it back at 7pm on the last night of the cruise, just in time to pack.  Up to that cruise our experiences were great. 

On 1/31/2024 at 5:14 PM, ChiefMateJRK said:

They've never tagged my socks

Small items may go into mesh bags, and they could just tag the bag.

We now get one free bag per person since we are Sapphire.  Don't let the fact that they only give the cabin a single free laundry coupon.  Each person with Platinum or above status gets it.  Write your Latitudes # and write "free".

I have always been happy with the service.  I pulled off another tag last week from our summer cruise.

1 hour ago, itsnotjustme said:

Small items may go into mesh bags, and they could just tag the bag.

We now get one free bag per person since we are Sapphire.  Don't let the fact that they only give the cabin a single free laundry coupon.  Each person with Platinum or above status gets it.  Write your Latitudes # and write "free".

I have always been happy with the service.  I pulled off another tag last week from our summer cruise.

Yeah.  I know.  I love NCL laundry regardless of how they tag stuff.  None of my stuff is worth anything, so bag it, tag it, fold it, whatever.  I'm a happy cruiser. 😎

Most recently on the Encore we only had tags on shirts, shorts and DH's pants.  Nothing on undergarments (thank goodness!) as those buggers drove me batty trying to take off!

We sent 2 bags on this last sailing.  One came in a basket, all nice and folded.  The 2nd one we had been waiting for, when DH decided to check the 2nd br. closet and realized our butler had hung everything and put it away.  (Of course I just had to refold it all to pack for home the next day, but that's first world problems!)

11 hours ago, COREYATMN said:

On a 14 day cruise, would they offer two 50% laundry bag days, or just one?

Just make friends with your room steward. I haven't had one yet that didn't give us a $29.99 bag when we asked.

On 1/31/2024 at 3:57 PM, cruiser2015 said:

I read about those tags on this board.

Just off the Bliss - sent in 7 each of undershirts, undershorts & pairs of socks.

Each shirt had a tag under the back top seam.

Zero tags on all the other 21 pieces.

Ooh - a real tag mystery!

Socks and such are putting mesh bags like at home and the mesh bags are tagged.