Laundry

Hi! Sailing NCL for the first time in March and was wondering if there is anywhere I can find what it costs to press a man’s dress shirt?

Also, is there a set price for a bag of laundry to be washed and folded? 

thanks all! 

Edited by Jennifire7
Misspelling

I’m not sure of the prices for individual items.  But for wash and fold there is always a mid-cruise special for a bag of laundry for $29.  It’s a small paper bag.  Bring a plastic laundry bag from a hotel to line the bag and roll everything really tight.  You’d be surprised how much you can squeeze into that small, flimsy bag.  🤣

40 minutes ago, Jennifire7 said:

Hi! Sailing NCL for the first time in March and was wondering if there is anywhere I can find what it costs to press a man’s dress shirt? Also, is there a set price for a bag of laundry to be washed and folded? thanks all! 

Welcome to NCL.

About 2/3 the way through your cruise, they will offer a fill-a-bag for $29.  No self-serve laundry on NCL ships. We just use the paper laundry bag provided by the cruise line. Never had a problem (we do 10ish bags of laundry a year on NCL - free to us because of status)

By-piece pricing below. Return by 6 pm the following day. Same day service add 50%

image.png.3f843fd8e32397c632496068225150ee.png

image.png.2afa1666193d42cb922ccc1ed1d6eff3.png

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, LatinaInTexas said:

Just curious after you manage to stuff the small bag to capacity how do they deliver it back to you? I'm hoping they don't stuff it back into the small bag?

No, they fold it and put it in a basket. Each item will have a sticker on it which can be pulled off.

Edited by GALSews
updating
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, LatinaInTexas said:

Just curious after you manage to stuff the small bag to capacity how do they deliver it back to you? I'm hoping they don't stuff it back into the small bag?

It comes very nicely folded in a nice wicker basket that would make a great cat bed.  Shirts sometimes come back on hangers and are hung in the closet.  They do a fantastic job!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

It comes very nicely folded in a nice wicker basket that would make a great cat bed.  Shirts sometimes come back on hangers and are hung in the closet.  They do a fantastic job!

Nice, will be trying to travel a bit lighter next trip since airline luggage limit is only 40 pounds so this will work out great👍

Just now, LatinaInTexas said:

Nice, will be trying to travel a bit lighter next trip since airline luggage limit is only 40 pounds so this will work out great👍

Yep, when we do a 14 day B2B we get four free laundry bags.  I pack some dirty clothes to take full advantage.  Come back with more clean/pressed/folded than I left with!🤣

(disclaimer: I tried that joke once before and it didn't really work, this is likely the final attempt)😎

• Haha 6

6 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Welcome to NCL.

About 2/3 the way through your cruise, they will offer a fill-a-bag for $29.  No self-serve laundry on NCL ships. We just use the paper laundry bag provided by the cruise line. Never had a problem (we do 10ish bags of laundry a year on NCL - free to us because of status)

By-piece pricing below. Return by 6 pm the following day. Same day service add 50%

image.png.3f843fd8e32397c632496068225150ee.png

image.png.2afa1666193d42cb922ccc1ed1d6eff3.png

I just did my free platinum laundry a few days ago and say the 50% charge for same day, and it made me wonder.....is there a charge for same day service if you choose it for your platinum/above free bag?  Do you happen to know?

12 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

I just did my free platinum laundry a few days ago and say the 50% charge for same day, and it made me wonder.....is there a charge for same day service if you choose it for your platinum/above free bag?  Do you happen to know?

I can't truly answer your question, but we once sent laundry out (using the voucher) and it happened to come back on the same day (w/no extra charge).  We were pleased, but very surprised!

22 hours ago, GALSews said:

No, they fold it and put it in a basket. Each item will have a sticker on it which can be pulled off.

Or you will find stickers months or even years later that will remind you of your cruise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's amazing how much we stuff in that bag. Even though the bag is paper, I felt it was strong and was not concerned about it tearing. Don't worry if the top is bulging open. 

Last summer I got 27 items in there! It was summer and clothes were thinner and smaller. Even so, 27 is a lot! FYI - a pair of socks and a set of PJ's is 1 item, not 2. 

We place all small things in first (socks & underwear). Then folded shirts & PJs quite small and they went in next. Lastly we rolled pants and dresses and put them in vertically sticking out of the top. That last layer was tight and held all the smaller things inside.  I could practically tip it upside down and nothing would fall out!  😄

Edited by LGinPA

On 1/28/2024 at 6:07 PM, ChiefMateJRK said:

Yep, when we do a 14 day B2B we get four free laundry bags.

This question has been debated a bit, so I will ask you. Can each Platinum Latitudes member get two free bags on longer cruises? Is that over 14 days? We have a 12-day next, and I wonder if that's long enough for extra free laundry bags.

2 minutes ago, AKR2011 said:

This question has been debated a bit, so I will ask you. Can each Platinum Latitudes member get two free bags on longer cruises? Is that over 14 days? We have a 12-day next, and I wonder if that's long enough for extra free laundry bags.

I was referring to back to back seven day cruises, hence the 2 x 2 = 4 bags of free laundry.  The longest I've sailed on as a single booking (so far) is, I believe, 11 days and we just used the two bags.  Since DD reached platinum, she doesn't add anything to our bags.  I have heard that 16 day itineraries get 2 bags per person, but I can't back that up.

3 hours ago, SeaDayLvr said:

Stupid question about the laundry “stuff a bag”.   Do they wash everything in the bag together or do they separate lights and darks?  

They will address handling instructions.

But your laundry will be done with lots of other guest and crew clothes in 275 lbs load washers or 72 lbs washers. 

image.png.b9bb139c5d137f5580d5e50fad7ce7cb.png

image.png.23e9ade13f52269f31b613608cd11e8d.png

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

They will address handling instructions.

But your laundry will be done with lots of other guest and crew clothes in 275 lbs load washers or 72 lbs washers. 

image.png.b9bb139c5d137f5580d5e50fad7ce7cb.png

image.png.23e9ade13f52269f31b613608cd11e8d.png

Thank you!   Now I know I can put my husband’s jeans in with my light clothes.  Thanks again!

13 hours ago, yakcruiser said:

Or you will find stickers months or even years later that will remind you of your cruise.

Yes, that’s been our experience. Always brings a smile to my face. 😊

• Haha 1