Gratuities for Celebrity Suite

Carol28

12 hours ago, DingoMom said:

Celebrity Suite has a butler. Both Sky Suites and Celebrity Suites are larger than standard Veranda cabins. 

I was referring to concierge class and Aqua class cabins.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tierun said:

I still don’t understand why AQ and CC has a higher amount. The service is no different than that of standard veranda cabins.

Oops! So sorry. I read your post entirely wrong!!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Tierun said:

I still don’t understand why AQ and CC has a higher amount. The service is no different than that of standard veranda cabins.

Probably a gratuity for the afternoon canapé delivery.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Going on our first Celebrity cruise this September, so with a Sky Suite, we still tip?   I thought gratuities were paid in the price?  Or is that just drinks?  Don't mind, just so I know.  I would have tipped additional anyway, 

Edited by Adowsett

24 minutes ago, Adowsett said:

Going on our first Celebrity cruise this September, so with a Sky Suite, we still tip?   I thought gratuities were paid in the price?  Or is that just drinks?  Don't mind, just so I know.  I would have tipped additional anyway, 

If you did it would show up in you payment summary as Prepaid Gratuities 

38 minutes ago, Adowsett said:

When did you book the cruise? There was a cutoff that didn't impact me. so I've forgotten it, for gratuities to be included in the "Retreat Package". So if you have an older booking, your daily gratuities may be included. If not, as stated, they're $23/pp/day that you can either prepay or pay when you close out your onboard account. If they're not included, keep an eye out for any changes (increases) and opportunities to prepay at the current rates.

And no, I don't recall them showing up as Prepaid Gratuities if they're in the Retreat package. 

14 minutes ago, markeb said:

When did you book the cruise? There was a cutoff that didn't impact me. so I've forgotten it, for gratuities to be included in the "Retreat Package". So if you have an older booking, your daily gratuities may be included. If not, as stated, they're $23/pp/day that you can either prepay or pay when you close out your onboard account. If they're not included, keep an eye out for any changes (increases) and opportunities to prepay at the current rates.

And no, I don't recall them showing up as Prepaid Gratuities if they're in the Retreat package. 

Oct. 4, 2023 was that date gratuity stopped being included.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Tierun said:

Yes understand your point.  But it is just an extra $7 total for two people on a seven day cruise.

2 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Yes understand your point.  But it is just an extra $7 total for two people on a seven day cruise.

The amount itself is negligible, but the reasoning is lost on me. I’ve only sailed AI since the restart, so it’s certainly not a big issue.

2 hours ago, Tierun said:

I was referring to concierge class and Aqua class cabins.

it's because X in it's wisdom has decided that the Room Steward in these classes gets a higher gratuity - see breakdown of the tips below:

CelebrityGrats-2023.thumb.jpg.d9ee6e418db1ceee861c6238476c9c8d.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, markeb said:

Thanks, book August last year.  My invoice states "Cruise Fare  Premium Drinks Premium Wifi Tips and OBC On Board Credit", so I am assuming everything is included. 

50 minutes ago, Adowsett said:

Thanks, book August last year.  My invoice states "Cruise Fare  Premium Drinks Premium Wifi Tips and OBC On Board Credit", so I am assuming everything is included. 

You should be good then. You'd have gratuities on any drinks over the package limit (pay the difference and 20% gratuity on the difference), bottles of wine, spa treatments, etc. But you've got the basic daily gratuities covered.