onboard future cruise boarding and loyalty programme

JTor

We cruised early January and loved the ship (website not so much), but were quite shocked when we tried to book a future cruise on board to get the usual discount.  Quoted exactly the same price I could find from my phone without being on board or having cruised with Explora before.  Got home and my TA confirmed they are NOT offering any onboard discount.  The company has not contacted me since I got off either so it seems I also have not been enrolled into any kind of loyalty programme.  Is this correct? they provide NO INCENTIVES AT ALL to cruise with them a second time? If so I really wonder what they are thinking….!? (and this doesn’t fit with the ‘We’re not a cruise it’s like a luxury hotel” concept either - every luxury hotel line I know of is VERY HAPPY to enrol me in their loyalty programme….)

I think they were providing 5% discount early on for on board bookings.  What usurped it was the poor future bookings and the need for the current 40% off sale which in many cases would supersede the discount.

The had planned to announce a loyalty program in 2024 but ???

They did give OBC (Experience Credits) for those in competitor loyalty programs in May/June 23...

• Like 2

Thanks. I was shocked. Regardless of other discounts the message being sent is disrespectful 

its not about the money more the sense that one’s business is not valued 

• Like 2

They will have a loyalty program someday.  More interesting to see if they will post retroactive stays.

Also, please list three luxury hotel companies offering a loyalty program.

17 hours ago, PaulMCO said:

I think they were providing 5% discount early on for on board bookings.  What usurped it was the poor future bookings and the need for the current 40% off sale which in many cases would supersede the discount.

The had planned to announce a loyalty program in 2024 but ???

They did give OBC (Experience Credits) for those in competitor loyalty programs in May/June 23...

However since I had booked in April they did not give me the match credit. Oh well loved EJ anyway a lot

We were on in September and received on board discount for future cruises booked on board. I think 5%. We were told there would be a loyalty program and all our cruises would count. They expected to announce it in first quarter of 2024. 
We booked three cruises in Sept 24 and are paying more than they are now offering to others even with our on board discount. If they don’t give us the 40% discount we will be canceling. There are too many choices out there to be screwed around by one line. 
We love the ship but found the food disappointing. Cannot possibly compare to New Crystal where we are now. No question that Crystal has the finest and best presented cuisine on the ocean. Variety every day unlike Explora’s same  menu every day in every restaurant except Emporium. 
Disappointed. Very little of what they promised are they delivering. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2024 at 1:09 PM, JTor said:

Thanks. I was shocked. Regardless of other discounts the message being sent is disrespectful 

its not about the money more the sense that one’s business is not valued 

As MSC proved to all of those who held Black card status in the Loyalty Club and were Royally shafted when they brought in the Voyagers club. Business not valued.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wheelhouse said:

I am onboard now and was quoted the 5% onboard booking discount.  

Is that on top of the "up to 40% off" sale?  I thought if you went with the sale price there were no onboard discounts to it.  

Edited by johng75370

1 minute ago, johng75370 said:

Is that on top of the "up to 40% off" sale?  I thought if you went with the sale price there were no onboard discounts to it.  

I am not sure but I can find out. 

• Like 1

The nice lady in future booking told me that the internet (sale) price and onboard 5% discount will stack.  She also mentioned a destination experience credit which is available when booking onboard for some sailings. I will find out for sure when I book next week. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, sidari said:

As MSC proved to all of those who held Black card status in the Loyalty Club and were Royally shafted when they brought in the Voyagers club. Business not valued.

The ‘loyalty’ Voyagers Club is a joke, at this stage.  Points thrown around like confetti (I remember a time when they were hard won and it was a slow climb to the top level). Plus the status match programme, giving status to others who’ve never sailed on MSC before.  Yet they won’t recognise anyone who does have status with them when it comes to their new baby Explora Journeys.  

• Like 2

I am just finishing a 16 day cruise on Explora 1 and booked onboard back to back cruises for next January.  I received the current discount sale price (Total Luxury Offer) plus an additional 5% for booking onboard. In addition I received $200 US per person experience credit per cruise segment (total $800) from Explora. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Whipsnade said:

They refused to give me the discount on suites above OT. That is primary reason we canceled. “Soak the rich” does not go over well from a “luxury” cruise line. 

Possible they don’t need to discount to sell those suites.  I expect at some point the current prices will seem phenomenally cheap.  At $389 per person per day with $800 OBC I feel like my new booking was a steal. 

• Like 4

On 2/16/2024 at 12:37 AM, Whipsnade said:

You are certainly right. For us in a PH it was $2300 per day. Bye bye Explora! Hello Crystal. $1700 per day. 

Agree -- we did book an OT3 at $600 ($300pp) per day, only because it was an interesting way to spend 2 days in NOLA with friends.

Our take was $1800 (900pp) for a COVE versus $1500 ($750 pp) on Crystal for a Sapphire Veranda.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 1/29/2024 at 12:07 PM, saminina said:

They will have a loyalty program someday.  More interesting to see if they will post retroactive stays.

Also, please list three luxury hotel companies offering a loyalty program.

I am enrolled in hotel loyalty programs with Hilton, Fairmont, Marriott and IHG.

Edited by commodoredave
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 2/16/2024 at 12:31 AM, Wheelhouse said:

I am just finishing a 16 day cruise on Explora 1 and booked onboard back to back cruises for next January.  I received the current discount sale price (Total Luxury Offer) plus an additional 5% for booking onboard. In addition I received $200 US per person experience credit per cruise segment (total $800) from Explora. 

Well you were lucky when I was onboard in Jan I was told the 5% does ot apply to the Total Luxury offer. It does say that in the Ts and Cs.