Coffee and Zero alcohol packages Crown Princess September 2024

elkaycruiser

We are debating whether to upgrade to Princess Plus as I don’t drink alcohol. I can’t find definite information if I can buy a coffee package or a zero alcohol package on board. Does anyone know about this please.

Princess does have a Zero Alcohol Package. The cost is $35.39/day. You would have to drink a lot of coffee, soda and water to break even. I haven't done the math, but really think that the plus fare in total would be a better value.

https://www.princess.com/en-us/ships-and-experience/onboard-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/zero-alcohol-package-terms-and-conditions

• Like 1

@skynight is absolutely correct. Sit down with lad and pen and do the math. You do not need to drink alcohol to make the numbers work out for you. Add up the daily fee for Gratuities, WiFi, ANY beverages including bottled water (especially to take onshore) and yummy coffee or tea, a Lin hat Alfredo's, etc. You would be surprised at the outcome.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, nini said:

@skynight is absolutely correct. Sit down with lad and pen and do the math. You do not need to drink alcohol to make the numbers work out for you. Add up the daily fee for Gratuities, WiFi, ANY beverages including bottled water (especially to take onshore) and yummy coffee or tea, a Lin hat Alfredo's, etc. You would be surprised at the outcome.

However.. the OP is from NZ. Grats aren't in the package. Be very unlikely the package is worth it. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Over from NZ said:

However.. the OP is from NZ. Grats aren't in the package. Be very unlikely the package is worth it. 

Please clarify for me. If a customer is from a non tipping culture, then regardless of the cruise itinerary, gratuities are not part of the Princess Plus?

7 minutes ago, nini said:

Please clarify for me. If a customer is from a non tipping culture, then regardless of the cruise itinerary, gratuities are not part of the Princess Plus?

If they're booking the cruise from Australia/NZ and it's sailing from say the US or Europe - they have to pay the gratuities extra - they're not included in the Plus. 

9 hours ago, Over from NZ said:

If they're booking the cruise from Australia/NZ and it's sailing from say the US or Europe - they have to pay the gratuities extra - they're not included in the Plus. 

Either way, the math adds up to the same, whether paid in a package or separately.

22 minutes ago, Over from NZ said:

No it doesn't. You've missed the point. 

Thank you for your kind response and mathematical breakdown. It seems strange that gratuities would not be included in a Plus Package for a cruise that takes place anywhere else but Australia and/ or New Zealand.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nini said:

Thank you for your kind response and mathematical breakdown. It seems strange that gratuities would not be included in a Plus Package for a cruise that takes place anywhere else but Australia and/ or New Zealand.

May seem strange to you.. but it is what it is though. And for that reason.. the maths is different for the Antipodeans. It costs us about NZD$71 a day for the Plus. $AUD is not too far different to $NZD. Gratuities are charged seperately on top of the Plus. That's about USD$44 a day plus gratuities. Internet is half price for us. There's no way the package makes financial sense for most non-drinkers from down-under. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Over from NZ said:

May seem strange to you.. but it is what it is though. And for that reason.. the maths is different for the Antipodeans. It costs us about NZD$71 a day for the Plus. $AUD is not too far different to $NZD. Gratuities are charged seperately on top of the Plus. That's about USD$44 a day plus gratuities. Internet is half price for us. There's no way the package makes financial sense for most non-drinkers from down-under. 

I think it is the pits that it is not included for you. If we did things separately, WiFi would also be half off but it still makes more sense for us to go with the Plus. I do not ever see us going with the Premium, but who knows???

We almost made it to your beautiful down under twice; but we all know what happened. 😒

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nini said:

I think it is the pits that it is not included for you. If we did things separately, WiFi would also be half off but it still makes more sense for us to go with the Plus. I do not ever see us going with the Premium, but who knows???

We almost made it to your beautiful down under twice; but we all know what happened. 😒

Yes, we look at the deal you guys get.. and I agree with you up there that it makes a lot of sense generally. If the $35 somebody said above was the figure.. Take off Grats and wifi.. and you don't then need to be drinking many long-blacks or other to make it worthwhile. 🙂 

Hope you get the chance to get down under sometime - I'm biased, but they say the scenery is stunning. Don't come by cruise-ship though - you'll miss all the best of it. 🙂  

1 hour ago, Over from NZ said:

Yes, we look at the deal you guys get.. and I agree with you up there that it makes a lot of sense generally. If the $35 somebody said above was the figure.. Take off Grats and wifi.. and you don't then need to be drinking many long-blacks or other to make it worthwhile. 🙂 

Hope you get the chance to get down under sometime - I'm biased, but they say the scenery is stunning. Don't come by cruise-ship though - you'll miss all the best of it. 🙂  

Actually, one of my neighbors traveled in Australia with one of her good friends several hears ago and loved it.

The zero alcohol package is showing at $45 a day on the web. If you need to pay gratuities those are $16-$18 a day. Just those two items are $61 a day so the plus package would save you money and give you free room service and ocean now with some other things. 

IMG_2469.png

2 hours ago, cruise4mom said:

The zero alcohol package is showing at $45 a day on the web. If you need to pay gratuities those are $16-$18 a day. Just those two items are $61 a day so the plus package would save you money and give you free room service and ocean now with some other things. 

IMG_2469.png

Exactly. One needs to think it through and do the numbers.

Wow--my first cruise post pandemic, the classic soda package was $9.95 plus 18% per day. Not only have they raised the price 3 times (it was 12.95 and 15.95 on my other two cruises since then) but about doubled in price. 

4 hours ago, john bowtie said:

Wow--my first cruise post pandemic, the classic soda package was $9.95 plus 18% per day. Not only have they raised the price 3 times (it was 12.95 and 15.95 on my other two cruises since then) but about doubled in price. 

It's not hard to understand why the price increase. 

19 hours ago, cruise4mom said:

IMG_2469.png

You can't say it's going to "save them money".. because you don't know what their spend was going to be. I don't drink alcohol.. there's no way I would drink $45 worth of non-alcohol drinks a day. I would usually buy 3x long blacks and maybe 1 soda or zero alcohol beer a day. Couldn't get near $45. 

4 hours ago, Over from NZ said:

You can't say it's going to "save them money".. because you don't know what their spend was going to be. I don't drink alcohol.. there's no way I would drink $45 worth of non-alcohol drinks a day. I would usually buy 3x long blacks and maybe 1 soda or zero alcohol beer a day. Couldn't get near $45. 

if you read my statement it list the Zero alcohol package($45 a day) with the gratuities ($16-18) together. Those two fees alone add up to ($61-$63) per day. So unless they are just doing the soda package and gratitudes purchasing the Plus package would save them money as long he plus package is only $60 a day thereby saving $1-$3 a day. In addition the original post she was talking about a coffee package or the zero alcohol package. That is why I stated what I did. So please re read the origibal

post  as to specific question!

Thank you for all the information. I am so glad I asked. This forum is very useful. I have upgraded and am can’t wait till I am aboard again. I will raise a toast to you all - non alcoholic, of course.🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1