Hal customer service-please reach out

shiner6

I booked a cruise on Jan. 23. I have tried everyday to "Manage my cruise" without success.  Today I called HAL and after a lengthy conversion/ explanation and multple tries of logging off and then back on per the agent's request, I was told to "try again tomorrow because it is a system error".  I asked "what was going to change between now and tomorrow to enable me to complete my check in?' and she replied "Maybe try again next week".  I thanked her for her help and hung up.  It was obvious that she was reading answers from a scripted page of responses. I am exasperated. I tried to contact my planner, but she sends emails telling me that she is planning on calling me soon, but  so far =NOTHING.  I am running out of patience.

• Like 1

HAL customer service is not going to respond to a post here on CC, sorry.

I have found that the website is iffy on other days and then works the next day.  

It may also help to use a different internet browser.  A while ago my friend couldn’t do her check in and I did it for her.  I was using a different internet browser than she.

One cruise I tried two internet browsers until the 3rd worked.  I had no problem doing the upcoming one and it was even on the weekend.  I was shocked (website usually is not good on the weekends IME).

Not sure when you sail, but it it isn’t right away - you have lots of time.  Wait a day or two and try again.  It’s frustrating when it happens for sure 😔 

• Like 4

What error message(s) are you receiving? You're able to log in - is it just the check-in portion that is not working?

Like Kazu said, sometimes using a different browser helps, but I would also like to understand how far into the process / booking you're getting.

1 hour ago, shiner6 said:

I have tried everyday to "Manage my cruise" without success. 

I can only Manage my Cruise(s) by using a [Chrome] incognito browser window.

I can sometimes login or do things on the website that do not require loging in without going incognito, but not get fully into a booking.

• Like 1

Isn't it amazing how the internet has evolved?  I have 4 web browsers on my laptop cause I have to find the right browser for the right web page.  It is frustrating.

One option is to delete the cookies for the website and then restart your computer.  A mis-behaving cookie can often be the issue.  Deleting your cache files can often help.  I completed a deep maintenance clean up of 2 of my computers and it has helped address most issues.

When all else fails, I use a basic install of a different web browser.  My choice is Chrome.  I used it without any add-ons, ad blockers or trackers.  If successful, once done I always clear all browsing data so as to have a clean browser for the next incident.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, shiner6 said:

I am running out of patience.

If you are still stuck. Email me. My address is down in my signature.

12 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

What error message(s) are you receiving? You're able to log in - is it just the check-in portion that is not working?

Like Kazu said, sometimes using a different browser helps, but I would also like to understand how far into the process / booking you're getting.

I am able to log on and navigate around the site. When I go to "Manage my cruise", the screen to check the boxes to declare that you have read the contract appears. I click on the boxes and this is as far as I get. The error screen shows something is wrong with my phone number in the contact info. I can go no further. 

My hubbie is in an IT engineer. He has tried different browsers and has told me that I need to contact a different rep. because it is a system error.  (He refuses to call any cruise line, that is my responsibility, due to all kinds of website issues in the past with all cruise lines we use, lol). 

Does anyone have a contact that I can call or email?

11 hours ago, cbr663 said:

Isn't it amazing how the internet has evolved?  I have 4 web browsers on my laptop cause I have to find the right browser for the right web page.  It is frustrating.

One option is to delete the cookies for the website and then restart your computer.  A mis-behaving cookie can often be the issue.  Deleting your cache files can often help.  I completed a deep maintenance clean up of 2 of my computers and it has helped address most issues.

When all else fails, I use a basic install of a different web browser.  My choice is Chrome.  I used it without any add-ons, ad blockers or trackers.  If successful, once done I always clear all browsing data so as to have a clean browser for the next incident.

OK, good to know. I am going to give this a try now! Thank you!!!!!

Ok, I just tried everything and it did not work.  I then called Holland rep. and got the same spiel as yesterday.   Finally, I called my PCC Shandra at HAL and got through! She was expecting my call  through telepathy!   LOL! She said that even the cruise consultants are experiencing the same problems with the website, so she is going to investigate further and get back to me.  

Thank you everyone for your kind suggestions! I love this online community.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, shiner6 said:

I booked a cruise on Jan. 23. I have tried everyday to "Manage my cruise" without success.

@shiner6 I also have this problem with only one of our upcoming cruises. I have had the problem for the past three weeks. I have tried multiple browsers and changing multiple settings to no avail. HAL customer service has been unable to assist.

Fortunately, I have found a workaround for my problem.

After logging in, select 'Manage My Cruise' from the top menu rather than from your account 'My Bookings'.

hal.PNG

• Like 2

Today, the site is fixed and working! MY PCC emailed me. She was having the same problem at her end.  We are now checked in officially! Thanks to everyone for their suggestions!

• Like 8