The Tribe has Spoken!! Carnival Celebration - 1/14/2024 (with pics)

Shewey....spent all morning getting caught up on both yours and @willdra's reviews. It's a CCer's heaven in here right now! As always, you're off to a fantastic start! So happy your friends were able to make this cruise! And it's fun to have a peak behind the Tribe curtain! Can't wait to read about ALL the shenanigans! 

You & Patti are true CC gems! 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Don't think I didn't notice how everyone had my back. The mods did as well. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I decided to take the high road and not let it escalate any more. Now we can move on. I'll be posting a little later this afternoon. Stay tuned! ❤

• Like 60
  • Thanks 6

18 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Patti and I are not crazy about sailing from Miami anymore. For us, Port Canaveral is much easier, since most of the time we drive to Florida, and can save about eight hours of driving by cruising from there. I also know that it’s much easier to fly to Miami to board a ship, than it is to fly to Orlando for PC departures. Whatever works best for you. 

We prefer Port Canaveral also.  Never been big fans of Miami and the associated traffic.  

• Like 6

3 hours ago, hapytobehr said:

Most Definetly!  But Jeff is such a nice guy (and Patti is really sweet!)  

(my husband says my middle name is b***h.😝

I LOLed. Love you and your husband. He’s so funny. I don’t see you that way at all. Give him a hug from me. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, hapytobehr said:

Most Definetly!  But Jeff is such a nice guy (and Patti is really sweet!)  

(my husband says my middle name is b***h.😝

My friends say I have another name.

First name is Bea.

Last name is Itch.

Edited by AmyJA
  • Like 1
  • Haha 15

2 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Don't think I didn't notice how everyone had my back. The mods did as well. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I decided to take the high road and not let it escalate any more. Now we can move on. I'll be posting a little later this afternoon. Stay tuned! ❤

Weird question. How tall are you? You look like you were towering over everyone in one of those pics.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, Megan_Strick said:

Weird question. How tall are you? You look like you were towering over everyone in one of those pics.

I'm now 6' 5". I shrunk an inch or two over the years! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 14

22 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

This is the summary from our Celebration cruise review from last April. I hope this helps you.

Patti and I really enjoyed our cruise on the Celebration. The ship is nearly identical in almost every way to the Mardi Gras, which we also enjoyed. I think we liked The Gateway concept on the Celebration over the Mardi Gras French Quarter. No real reasons, just personal preference.

Once again, we never ate in the MDR except for the Diamond Brunch. There are just so many dining options there is no need to. There were a couple of days where we just wanted a quick meal up at the Marketplace. We had no problem finding something that we liked, and most of what was on the dining room menu that day, was available here.

. Our favorite shows this week were Celestial Strings, The Most Magnificent Circus, and We are One.

Patti and I are not crazy about sailing from Miami anymore. For us, Port Canaveral is much easier, since most of the time we drive to Florida, and can save about eight hours of driving by cruising from there. I also know that it’s much easier to fly to Miami to board a ship, than it is to fly to Orlando for PC departures. Whatever works best for you. 

I too loved Celestial Strings but the circus was just okay. I also did like the we are One show.

I agree on the Marketplace and more ships are putting them on like the new ICON of the Seas.

I never ate in MDR as I enjoyed the buffet area.  I found the french toast on HORIZON better since they used the grill from Guy Fieri's right around the corner.

you are lucky to live near PC as new ships going there like the next ICON ship called STAR and the next Disney called TREASURE.   I don't like the 1 hour drive and only go if doing a Disney cruise as they have shuttle from hotels. 

I am touched that you sent me my own review.  toodles and happy sailing.   I have 9 this year almost 1 a month but no CCL. going to Europe twice for cruises. Once to med and once to just Norway.

If you have never been to Norway you really must go and from either Copenhagen or Amsterdam.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I too loved Celestial Strings but the circus was just okay. I also did like the we are One show.

I agree on the Marketplace and more ships are putting them on like the new ICON of the Seas.

I never ate in MDR as I enjoyed the buffet area.  I found the french toast on HORIZON better since they used the grill from Guy Fieri's right around the corner.

you are lucky to live near PC as new ships going there like the next ICON ship called STAR and the next Disney called TREASURE.   I don't like the 1 hour drive and only go if doing a Disney cruise as they have shuttle from hotels. 

I am touched that you sent me my own review.  toodles and happy sailing.   I have 9 this year almost 1 a month but no CCL. going to Europe twice for cruises. Once to med and once to just Norway.

If you have never been to Norway you really must go and from either Copenhagen or Amsterdam.

Please post a link if you are going to do a live.

I would love to sail along with you, if you don't mind

Hugs from Texas

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Your handling of this shenanigan plus this review makes me pretty confident you are a standup guy all around! I too would have been petty Betty at some of the comments.

You and Patti need to be everyone’s fairy cruise parents 😁 Loving the review as always, keep it coming! 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Day # 3  -  (January 16th)  -  Amber Cove  -  (7am – 4pm). 

We were up at 5:45am, just as the Carnival Celebration was backing into her berth at Amber Cove…..

IMG_2629-XL.jpg

IMG_2630-XL.jpg

IMG_2631-XL.jpg

IMG_2632-XL.jpg

IMG_2635-XL.jpg

IMG_2636-XL.jpg

The sun is beginning to rise over the hills of the Dominican Republic…..

IMG_2641-XL.jpg

IMG_2639-XL.jpg

IMG_2640-XL.jpg

Here are today’s Fun Times…..

IMG_2626-XL.jpg

IMG_2627-XL.jpg

IMG_2628-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 16

Today we are sharing a Pool Cabana with Pat & Jim, so we want to get off the ship as soon as we can. After getting ready, we met Pat & Jim at Celebration Central to wait for clearance. Patti spots Sid heading over to his favorite table where he sets up his “office” for the day. We tell him to meet us by the pool later…..

IMG_2644-XL.jpg

At 7:09am, Cruise Director Lee announces that he ship is cleared and we may proceed ashore. The pier here is very long…..

IMG_2646-XL.jpg

Because the pier is so long, we always take a pedi-cab back and forth. There are a whole bunch of pedi-cabs lined up. We are looking for our favorite driver, and not seeing him I yell out “#11 !!!”. He pops up with a big smile and comes right over to us. He loads us up and we are on the way. Pat & Jim hop onto another pedi-cab…..

IMG_2645-XL.jpg

IMG_2647-XL.jpg

As we head down the pier Patti gets this shot of the Ocean Cabanas…..

IMG_2651-XL.jpg

As we approach the end of the pier, some musicians are playing for the arriving passengers…..

IMG_2653-XL.jpg

Now normally the pedi-cabs drop you off at the end of the pier, but #11 continues towards this big gate. He shouts something, and the gate magically opens. It felt like the gates of the Emerald City had been opened, but I didn’t see a horse of a different color! He pedals us through the plaza and right up to the Cabana Kiosk!

IMG_2655-XL.jpg

Pat & Jim had been dropped off at the end of the pier, so we had to wait for them to catch up before we could check in for our cabana. #11 heads back to pick up his next set of passengers. After so many trips here we still don’t know his real name. We’ll be back here in April, so we’ll make it a point to find out. We tip him $10 each way…..

IMG_2656-XL.jpg

We have now checked in, gotten our key and other information, and are heading to the pool area…..

IMG_2657-XL.jpg

This is the CoCoCana Lounge. This is where all our drinks and food will come from…..

IMG_2658-XL.jpg

This is the swim-up bar in the pool…..

IMG_2659-XL.jpg

IMG_2661-XL.jpg

To be continued……

• Like 27

We are met at the gate by our Host EZ. He will take us to our cabana and show us around. There are only four Pool Cabanas, and we are given the Tambora Cabana, which is the second cabana from the left…..

IMG_2660-XL.jpg

These four sets of loungers by the pool belong to the cabanas….

IMG_2662-XL.jpg

Each cabana has a hammock…..

IMG_2665-XL.jpg

Here are a couple of views inside our cabana…..

IMG_2668-XL.jpg

IMG_2667-XL.jpg

In addition to a television and wi-fi, we also have a safe…..

IMG_2671-XL.jpg

These snacks, sodas, and water are included in the cabana rental…..

IMG_2669-XL.jpg

IMG_2670-XL.jpg

This is our balcony…..

IMG_2672-XL.jpg

Here are some views from our balcony…..

IMG_2675-XL.jpg

IMG_2674-XL.jpg

This view will give you the lay of the land. Our hangout place will be at that alcove on the right between the main pool and the bridge. That gray building on the left is the bathrooms, which is very handy! The cushioned loungers on the left side of the picture are part of the VIP area. For about $100 you get two loungers, an umbrella, pool noodles, unlimited zipline and water slide. This is where we would go if we didn’t have a cabana…….

IMG_2673-XL.jpg

To be continued……

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

We sleep in a bit. But that meant we got to see Sparkle doing his sparkle stuff. I wonder how many people ask if his last name is Farkle? (IYKYK)

image.thumb.jpeg.434dd4763ef9c10a2884cc827ac25f78.jpeg

And of course, because we are steerage we walk the pier and received no musical greeting. 😉

image.thumb.jpeg.9485a1c82dbef2380ab7dd08b624f06f.jpeg

Edited by AmyJA
  • Like 6
  • Haha 25

We meet our server Wilbur, and he immediately brings us a bucket of Presidente Beer. We head out to the alcove with the bucket. The water feels a little chilly at first.

Patti is ready to begin her picture tour. The water is too chilly for Pat, so she takes the walk with Patti.

Jim and I are having the first of many beers…..

IMG_2678-XL.jpg

One of the servers that we have had in the past recognized us and stopped to say hello…..

IMG_2677-XL.jpg

This is the entrance to the VIP area, and the going rates…..

IMG_2679-XL.jpg

IMG_2793-XL.jpg

Here’s another view of the bathroom, which is right by the zero entry part of the pool…..

IMG_2680-XL.jpg

IMG_2683-XL.jpg

This is the bottom of the waterslide……

IMG_2681-XL.jpg

Here are the waterslide rules. I don’t remember there being a charge for the waterslide before…..

IMG_2684-XL.jpg

Here are a couple of views from the top of the waterslide….

IMG_2685-XL.jpg

IMG_2686-XL.jpg

This is one of the Hilltop Cabanas…..

IMG_2688-XL.jpg

To be continued……

• Like 18